Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #1
Colt_H

Drives: 2017 2SS - MRC, NPP, M6
Camaro causing injuries

So, funny(ish) story. I got my 2017 2SS – NPP, MRC, M6 delivered Friday. Took it to the mountains this weekend, especially the side roads, and really ate up the curves. It blows my mind how well this thing handles. My wife is less of a fan – she evidently strained her neck and shoulder muscles fighting the G’s. I’ve been rubbing her down with Bengay ever since. She calls the car Christine, on account of her claiming the car wants to kill her.

For real though, just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys – especially Sledge and Glen – I learned a lot from you guys. No one in this world deserves more praise than Becky Doyle, the Camaro angel. She is absolutely amazing – anyone who doesn’t go through her is missing out.
Attached Images

Colt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:17 AM   #2
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Looks beautiful! Hope your wife recovers quickly. Yes, the lateral g's are outstanding in the car, especially since you have the MRC. It corners like it is painted onto the road, but bumps and potholes don't upset the car in a turn (or anywhere else). I am really beginning to think these tires are outstanding, not just outstanding for a fun flat.

And as for Becky, I wish she were running for President (not to get political). If she ran the country the way she runs her business affairs, everything would get fixed faster than the ZL1 runs the 'ring!!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
Jontall

Drives: GTO
Looks sweet... Good luck and I hope your wife feels better.
Jontall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:52 AM   #4
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
It's always a lot easier to be the driver than the passenger. You get the benefit of being able to grab onto a steering wheel and brace yourself in anticipation of how the car will move. The passenger is just along for the ride, getting tossed around. Maybe investing in a 5 point harness would help, lol.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #5
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt_H View Post
So, funny(ish) story. I got my 2017 2SS – NPP, MRC, M6 delivered Friday. Took it to the mountains this weekend, especially the side roads, and really ate up the curves. It blows my mind how well this thing handles. My wife is less of a fan – she evidently strained her neck and shoulder muscles fighting the G’s. I’ve been rubbing her down with Bengay ever since. She calls the car Christine, on account of her claiming the car wants to kill her.

For real though, just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys – especially Sledge and Glen – I learned a lot from you guys. No one in this world deserves more praise than Becky Doyle, the Camaro angel. She is absolutely amazing – anyone who doesn’t go through her is missing out.
Nice, congrats! Where in the mountains were you this weekend? I was over in Western Carolina/Eastern TN, took my SS over on the Dragon/Hellbender 28 on Saturday.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:26 AM   #6
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt_H View Post
Becky Doyle, the Camaro angel.

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #7
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Nice car, love the setting!
Old 10-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #8
Colt_H

Drives: 2017 2SS - MRC, NPP, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Nice, congrats! Where in the mountains were you this weekend? I was over in Western Carolina/Eastern TN, took my SS over on the Dragon/Hellbender 28 on Saturday.
This weekend was the blue ridge parkway from VA to Daughton Park, and every road within a 30 mile radius from there. Nice and close to home. Going to head to Boone area in a few weekends and try to get this thing broken in so I can have some real fun.
Colt_H is offline   Reply With Quote