Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-26-2024, 10:07 AM   #29
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
When I was about 11-12, so around 1987-88 someone a few houses down the street from us bought a 1960 Ford Galaxie police interceptor. I had friends next door to him so I was over all the time and a few time he let me sit in it and play with the old CB radio.

One day he pulled into the garage (not attached to houses in our old Cleveland neighborhood) while we were next door playing and it caught fire. Started at the front inside the garage. My friends Mom told us to get back to our houses or get out to the street.

I was just interested in this and always loved our firefighters so when Cleveland fire arrived they got there quickly, and the first thing one of the guys did was shove a hose into the gas tank filler and fill the tank up with water, while the other guys hosed down the fire. The garage and car were complete goners but I always admired what he did - there’s a blazing car and garage fire and he just calmly knelt down, opened the gas cap, and shoved the hose in and let it rip like he was kneeling down to tie his shoes.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:50 PM   #30
wavsine
________/\_

Drives: Gen6 NGM RS
Send a message via Yahoo to wavsine
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
When I was about 11-12, so around 1987-88 someone a few houses down the street from us bought a 1960 Ford Galaxie police interceptor. I had friends next door to him so I was over all the time and a few time he let me sit in it and play with the old CB radio.

One day he pulled into the garage (not attached to houses in our old Cleveland neighborhood) while we were next door playing and it caught fire. Started at the front inside the garage. My friends Mom told us to get back to our houses or get out to the street.

I was just interested in this and always loved our firefighters so when Cleveland fire arrived they got there quickly, and the first thing one of the guys did was shove a hose into the gas tank filler and fill the tank up with water, while the other guys hosed down the fire. The garage and car were complete goners but I always admired what he did - there’s a blazing car and garage fire and he just calmly knelt down, opened the gas cap, and shoved the hose in and let it rip like he was kneeling down to tie his shoes.
Firefighters are the best people in the world. Sadly, they suffer much greater cancer risk from their job. All the toxic crap that catches fire in our cars. And I'm sure they love Teslas with the 36,000 gallons of water it takes to extinguish the POS
wavsine is offline   Reply With Quote