Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 11-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #15
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Way to go, Mr. Hammond.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #16
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Nice ride, I actually was looking at a challenger before I purchased my '12 RS. But the cost for me was prohibitive, so I got the 2012. That was 2 Camaros' ago. LOL
My daily driver is a 16 Goldwing, I drive the Camaro once/twice a week.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #17
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blkgrayRS View Post
Nice ride, I actually was looking at a challenger before I purchased my '12 RS. But the cost for me was prohibitive, so I got the 2012. That was 2 Camaros' ago. LOL
My daily driver is a 16 Goldwing, I drive the Camaro once/twice a week.
I used to have an 06 Wing (traded once I moved here to CO from TX for an 09 C14)... put over 36k on it. Great memories w/ TWT pie and BBQ runs.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:45 PM   #18
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
The Challenger looks good. Just like the throwback style it was supposed to emulate. I looked to buy one instead of the Camaro but was looking for performance. Their v8 offerings don't have enough 0-60 for me until you get at least into scat pac models or the hellcat. Those are not as easy to find as Camaros. The V6 Challenger is a good value.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:12 PM   #19
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
No problemo LA dude. I see these V6 Challengers ALL the time. I never understand why those things ride so high. Save the Cammie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:27 PM   #20
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Beautiful car, that would be nice to have as a secondary vehicle.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:56 AM   #21
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Looks great! The modern Challenger's look is as timeless as the early 70s ones. The gen5 Camaro is already starting to look dated with the arrival of the gen6. Fiat does a good job of making changes to the Challenger that keep it exciting without dating the previous years.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:50 PM   #22
camaro_uk

Drives: 2015 1LE Camaro
I did consider a used gen 5 V6 Camaro but it didn't make sense to have 2 of the same shape. I even considered daily driving a mint 89 IROC that I found with 55k miles but I think that would have given me trouble as a DD, only because of its age and general wear and tear. This Challenger is brand new and will be hassle free. I got a super good deal on it too: I considered getting a new Passat but believe it or not, this was cheaper, fit the V6 rear wheel drive criteria I was looking for and it drives much better... Not to mention the cool factor...and Mr Hammond being proud of my taste ;-)

Having now driven the 5th gen and this Challenger for a bit, my opinion is the Camaro is a little better built, but this Challenger being a newer model has a better interior (soft touch all over), better tech (although I do like a car that isn't too techy as there's less to go wrong), and even this base model seems to have a better sound system than my 2SS. Rear leg room is better in the Challenger although its no sedan and will still be a tad tight, and trunk space doesn't seem that much bigger than the Camaro, but the opening is what I think makes it more practical. Ride quality is hard to compare because the 1LE is setup for track use, but the Challenger is perfect for what I need in a DD...

I love both but heart will always be with the Bowtie.
camaro_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:30 AM   #23
Nzcamaro
NZ Camaro. New Zealand

Drives: 1968 camaro. 2010 2ss Camaro
nice ride mate
Nzcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:29 AM   #24
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Looks great! The modern Challenger's look is as timeless as the early 70s ones. The gen5 Camaro is already starting to look dated with the arrival of the gen6. Fiat does a good job of making changes to the Challenger that keep it exciting without dating the previous years.
The gen5 dated? It was supposed to look dated hence why it was a retro modern 1st gen body design. With the introduction of 6th gen, the 5th gen looks all that much better.

The Mopar boys are smart. They don't mess with a good thing. They just keep tweaking it, every now and then, to make it even better. GM in it's infinite wisdom decided to totally change the Camaro midstream and in a not so good way, stylistically speaking.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #25
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_uk View Post
Okay so before some of you guys hate me for posting a pic of a competitor car here, just want to say I have a 2015 1LE which is my baby, and my weekend car. Unfortunately, since I moved to LA I drive it even less because of traffic and crappy pot-holed LA roads. It's still my baby and too good to use as a commuter car. My previous commuter was a 2009 Passat, which I hated 'cos of its turbo lag and front wheel drive. The specs I wanted for my next commuter/daily driver was a naturally aspirated V6, rear wheel drive and auto...This tank fit the build nicely, and being auto and having a basic/squishy suspension makes for a comfortable everyday ride compared to the 1LE... but is no canyon carver. Its like a big boat!

Also wanted to say that I'm originally from UK so I love American Muscle and half the reason why I moved to this great country! So for me, all the 3 muscle car brands are legends and iconic, but having also owned 2 Vettes previously, I'm more of a Chevy dude! I feel lucky to have this and my 1LE... Will try to get a pic of the 2 together soon...God bless 'Merica!!
Moved to General Automotive & Other Cars

-DG
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #26
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Congrats and welcome to the club!

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq