Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 11-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #1
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
Anyone figured out how to get BMR Rear sway bar to work in softest setting?

That's the question. If you've installed these, you know what I'm talking about.

Using BMR end links as well.
irmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #2
TEX1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE - Blue
What does "work" mean? I'm pretty sure no one knows what you're talking about. I have the bars/end links also but haven't had any issues.
TEX1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #3
irmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX1LE View Post
What does "work" mean? I'm pretty sure no one knows what you're talking about. I have the bars/end links also but haven't had any issues.
I'm positive atleast some people know what I'm talking about - as it's been ddiscussed on here before,

There is a clearance issue with the rear bmr sway bar that causes the end links to hit the hub assembly.

I'd really like to run full soft F&R - but without doing something questionable, I haven't figured out how.

If you don't have this exact set up - you prolly won't know what I'm talking about. But plenty of people do.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #4
TEX1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE - Blue
Hmm yeah I didn't have that issue so I can't provide any feedback. Just wondering, could you possible have the end links on backwards? I did that accidentally on one side when I was doing the install and had to flip it around.
TEX1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #5
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
mine is in the softest setting as of right now, they redesigned the original endlinks about half a year ago (late spring early summer).

I know the issue you mean, right on the point where theres like a lil nub there, it touched.

the older endlinks were the tie rod style.

the newer endlinks are a rod end style.

the stock ones dont work either as they are the first style. i waited until the revamp came out before ordering since the stocks wouldn't work. i'd say ring em up, maybe ask for pete. they should be able to get ya what ya need.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
irmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
mine is in the softest setting as of right now, they redesigned the original endlinks about half a year ago (late spring early summer).

I know the issue you mean, right on the point where theres like a lil nub there, it touched.

the older endlinks were the tie rod style.

the newer endlinks are a rod end style.

the stock ones dont work either as they are the first style. i waited until the revamp came out before ordering since the stocks wouldn't work. i'd say ring em up, maybe ask for pete. they should be able to get ya what ya need.
Sweet! I didn't know about the redesign. Mine are only about 6 months old - so must have gotten them around when they released the new version.

Will call BMR manana.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #7
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmb View Post
Sweet! I didn't know about the redesign. Mine are only about 6 months old - so must have gotten them around when they released the new version.

Will call BMR manana.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 12-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #8
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
I think you may have it backwards; the firmest setting (inner most position) has clearance issues in the front only. And that only happens when you let the front wheels hang. Since you're looking to go full soft, you should be moving to the outer most position, so you should not have any clearance issues as long as you keep the end-links set to short and equal lengths.

If you install on an alignment lift, ramps, 4-post lift, etc you should have no trouble making the adjustment to full firm while the suspension is sprung. The only time you should hit the lower front arm is when you have to enter an incline from a diagonal approach and the outer front wheel leaves the ground. But having the BMR adjustable end-links you should be able to shorten up the length to provide a little better clearance. I think you'll still hit at full hang, but it will not be as soon.

Not aware of any clearance issue with the rear bar.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #9
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
I think you may have it backwards; the firmest setting (inner most position) has clearance issues in the front only. And that only happens when you let the front wheels hang. Since you're looking to go full soft, you should be moving to the outer most position, so you should not have any clearance issues as long as you keep the end-links set to short and equal lengths.

If you install on an alignment lift, ramps, 4-post lift, etc you should have no trouble making the adjustment to full firm while the suspension is sprung. The only time you should hit the lower front arm is when you have to enter an incline from a diagonal approach and the outer front wheel leaves the ground. But having the BMR adjustable end-links you should be able to shorten up the length to provide a little better clearance. I think you'll still hit at full hang, but it will not be as soon.

Not aware of any clearance issue with the rear bar.
There was an issue with the rear bar. Bmr was aware of it, that's why they redesigned the rear endlinks.

The issue was there with the stock endlinks as well.

Theres a molded nub that would get in the way on the softest (furthest out on the arm holes) setting. I had the same issue. The new bmr endlinks was the fix.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:41 AM   #10
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
There was an issue with the rear bar. Bmr was aware of it, that's why they redesigned the rear endlinks.

The issue was there with the stock endlinks as well.

Theres a molded nub that would get in the way on the softest (furthest out on the arm holes) setting. I had the same issue. The new bmr endlinks was the fix.
Correct! The end links are also offset, so installing them in the correct position is important. Below is a picture showing the offset.
Attached Images

BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote