Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-16-2015, 10:38 AM   #71
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I'm just stalking for now. Gonna wait and see what the 6th gen looks like and what is offered before deciding. I'll probably wait for a '17 though. If I'm not impressed, which at this point I doubt, I'll opt for a used 1LE 5th gen next year. I had a beautiful '10 SS that I sold last year and now it's killing me!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:52 AM   #72
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
OK I've been lurking for a couple months now. Finally decided to register. I have a 2014 V6. The lease is up in November. Depending on what the Gen6 looks like and what packages are offered I'm 100% in the market. An SS 1LE will have me sold. On the other hand if I don't like it I'll just grab a 2015 1LE I think. When I was in the market originally I liked the Mustang best after testing the Challenger, Mustang and Camaro but my wife gets the GM employee discount through family in MI so we went with the Camaro due to the savings. Glad I did. Really fun car. Can't wait for the SS.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #73
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
You're disappointed in the look of a car that you haven't seen..?
Yeah.. I don't get when people say that either
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #74
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
I won't buy 6th Gen myself, but I will use this opportunity to upgrade to a 5th Gen SS for the 20-30k price range due to the 6th Gen coming to dealerships and the dealers having sweet deals to get rid of the 5th Gens!

DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #75
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
Not at all: Z28 has the 12K$ carbon brakes, F1 type shocks, expensive aero and optional AC, no radio, some weight reduction, different wheels tires, beefier drivetrain and more cooling, dry sump, custom CAI...etc

All this adds up and make the Z28 too expensive. Like I said, a stock 1LE with ZL1 brakes and LS7 with beefier drivetrain would be way cheaper and would destroy almost anything on a track.
Except GM said otherwise. The Z/28 was built as it was to make it worth the money. Putting an LS7 in a 1LE would have made it the same as the ZL1 while being slower around a track and in the 1/4 mile. The only way to make the Z/28 work was how they built it.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #76
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
I worked very hard, sacrificing all manner of a social life and self-indulgence for two years to get my 2011 SS. I plan on being one of those "30 years from now original owner" stories with it, lmao.

Primarily, though, it's because from what I've seen with the camo shots, I'm not particularly keen on the 6th gen's lines so far. I don't think I'll like how it looks. We'll know for sure soon, though.
It looks to me from what we have seen the Gen 6 will have similar styling to the Gen 5. That may make it easier for some to keep and be happy with their "vintage" Gen 5 Camaro's. The Gen 6 will be a completely new car and have a lot of cool features and performance, but it will not make the Gen 5 any less of a cool car.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:45 PM   #77
Hockeypucks

Drives: 2014 Corvette
For me it's all about the interior. I still think the 5th gen Camaro is one of the more unique looking cars on the road but the only reason I've never owned one is my low opinion of the interior. I absolutely love the ZL1 until I open the door. I actually prefer the interior of my Focus ST to the 5th gen.

I drove a 2015 6spd Mustang GT and it didn't wow me like I thought it would. Maybe I'd need more time with it but I'm pretty sure my heart wants a Camaro. I'm more than happy with an evolutionary design to the 6th gen but the interior needs to be REVolutionary for me to buy.

I don't have many posts here but I'm on this site multiple times a day. Can't wait to see this car. This is a fantastic forum so thanks to all who contribute!
Hockeypucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:30 PM   #78
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
Dude this car is gonna be their "halo" car. It's gonna be priced up there with the Z/28 'you cant afford it' category. It has carbon fiber rims, like wtf. It's like muscle exotic. Also I wouldn't wanna own a Ford 'pioneered flat plane crank motor' if they can't warranty a 5.0 DOHC Boss engine with the red key.

Now to get back on topic, I'm real interested in the 6th gen but I doubt I'll own the first year. I also told myself I'd never not have a Camaro after my 1st 5th gen back a few years ago, so who knows.
They did not pioneer flat plane cranks. Racing engines have used them for years. What you mean is ford did there homework and are building engines closer to race engines....
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #79
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
They did not pioneer flat plane cranks. Racing engines have used them for years. What you mean is ford did there homework and are building engines closer to race engines....
What I meant by that is it's the first time Ford is using a flat plane crank motor....no thanks. It's very unproven. I'll stick with pushrods, 1 single cam and BOATLOADS of tq everywhere. The VVT camshafts in the new LT1s are freaking KILLER. I've seen 460 RWTQ on a cam only C7 @ 3100 RPMS!!!!
I thought 401 RWTQ at 3100 was the bees knees on my 1LE with my 'cam only' combo.
The LT1 and lightweight Camaro platform should do crazy things. I'm excited
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:20 AM   #80
oustaz

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Too close to the 14-15 Camaro for me to consider it, I think I will go 2016 Mustang for my next car but I hope chevy will deliver a fast and light car so Ford will be forced to improve the current Mustang.
oustaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:18 AM   #81
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oustaz View Post
Too close to the 14-15 Camaro for me to consider it, I think I will go 2016 Mustang for my next car but I hope chevy will deliver a fast and light car so Ford will be forced to improve the current Mustang.
You decision to buy a Mustang is based off a Camaro that you never seen..
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:03 AM   #82
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
You decision to buy a Mustang is based off a Camaro that you never seen..
Right? I'm not understanding all these people saying that they don't like the look of the 6th gen so they ordered something else. I'm sure the renders are very close but I'm also sure that when the car is revealed it will also look very different from said renders.

People are welcome to buy whatever they want, it's their money, but I don't understand this "I don't like the look" reasoning when no one outside of GM has seen it...
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #83
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Right? I'm not understanding all these people saying that they don't like the look of the 6th gen so they ordered something else. I'm sure the renders are very close but I'm also sure that when the car is revealed it will also look very different from said renders.

People are welcome to buy whatever they want, it's their money, but I don't understand this "I don't like the look" reasoning when no one outside of GM has seen it...
I here the 7th Gen will address issues of the 6th Gen. The 6th Gen looks like a refresh of the 5th Gen and the 7th Gen will be more based off the 2nd Gen. ZL3 is going to be so sweet
Old 04-18-2015, 04:50 PM   #84
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
me
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote