Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Suspension View Post
Let me know if we can help.

Frank Steadman
BMR Sales Tech
336-986-9302
frank@bmrsuspension.com
Awesome! Thanks so much! I will be contacting yall on what I will be needing for my ride. Thanks again!
Old 10-04-2017, 06:46 AM   #142
ThatRedFirebird

Drives: 2002 Pontiac T/Am, 2016 Camaro 2SS
Any idea if I will lose any clearance to the strut tower with this suspension? I have a '16 (so I'm waiting on the calibration update anyways) but I have 19x10 wheels with +25 offset... they are super close as it is. I remember reading that 1LE's had more clearance in that area anyways to allow for more severe track camber.

I just don't want to run any spacers.... haha.
ThatRedFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:08 PM   #143
tecmec

Drives: 2016 2SS
Any updates on the calibration for 2016 yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
tecmec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #144
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecmec View Post
Any updates on the calibration for 2016 yet?

Don't think you're going to see it. Your only two options are to install the kit and forget about the calibration update (which those that have done this seem to be satisfied, no different than adding lowering springs in execution).

Or drop another load of change and get the DSC controller, which will work with this kit.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #145
tecmec

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
Don't think you're going to see it. Your only two options are to install the kit and forget about the calibration update (which those that have done this seem to be satisfied, no different than adding lowering springs in execution).

Or drop another load of change and get the DSC controller, which will work with this kit.
The problem is that the DSC controller only has one tune for the Camaro, and they don't really say what Camaro they tuned it for. SS? 1LE? ZL1? They all have different springs and/or front-end weights. I'm not a chassis tuning engineer, so I would really appreciate having a tune that has been really dialed in out of the box.

DSC sounds great at first, but they don't even have a forum. Their "forum" link takes you to a thread on a Porsche forum. I'm sure the 911 guys would love Camaro owners crashing their thread to discuss Camaro chassis tuning. The DSC either needs some great out-of-the-box tune options or a better community, imo.

tecmec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:54 PM   #146
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
The problem is that the DSC controller only has one tune for the Camaro. The DSC either needs some great out-of-the-box tune options or a better community, imo. (Edited)

HP Tuners or EFI Live do not provide an 'outta the box' tune. Yes they better support in place, but they been around longer.
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #147
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
The problem is that the DSC controller only has one tune for the Camaro, and they don't really say what Camaro they tuned it for. SS? 1LE? ZL1? They all have different springs and/or front-end weights. I'm not a chassis tuning engineer, so I would really appreciate having a tune that has been really dialed in out of the box.

DSC sounds great at first, but they don't even have a forum. Their "forum" link takes you to a thread on a Porsche forum. I'm sure the 911 guys would love Camaro owners crashing their thread to discuss Camaro chassis tuning. The DSC either needs some great out-of-the-box tune options or a better community, imo.

It was hard for me to picture how the DSC controller works, but once I got it that the unit is dynamic and predictive, I began to understand that through the range of springs rates that we could possibly use, the controller will not only respond appropriately to the rate of change of the springs (every 6ms sample time), but to the external forces on the car also. So, the controller software manages spring rates for all three, SS, 1LE and the ZL1. It accounts for the instantaneous changes in the travel (which is spring rate), velocity, brake pressure, g-force, acceleration, speed, against the individual shock calibration tables which are also adjustible.

I describe it to my cohorts as somewhat equivalent to having a person perched on top of each shock constantly adjusting the rebound and compression of the shock while reading all of the parameters above.

This dynamic control also makes going to a progressive wound spring a little better setup in that you will avoid the minor over/under dampening throughout the entire travel range of the spring/shock.

As for weight and ride height changes, you will do a static calibration, with yourself seated in the car, of the MRC sensors. This calibration zeros out the sensors so that you get the full range (0 - 1000mA) of dampening and match the tables in the controller more accurately. I know spring manufactures say their springs work with MRC shocks, and practically speaking, they are right. But technically there is some skew of the dampening range do to the very point you brought up.

As for a forum, well, here your are!....Actually I found the C7 section of the Corvette forum the best place to go to for reviews, tip and tricks. The C7 guys have embraced this controller, so there is a lot more activity over there. I've even spotted a couple of Gen 6 guys over in the C7 forum discussing the controller. The firmware within the C7 Corvette DSC controller is the same algorithms as for the Camaro, so we benefit from any upgrades that are done for the Corvette. DSC just announced the V3 firmware upgrade for the controller for both the Camaro and the Corvette.

These guys aren't the best at publically communicating and tend to spend their time buried in development and upgrading. I've seen an interview with one of them on You Tube and....well, not the best sales job I've seen. They are much better at doing than selling.

As you can probably tell, I've become a big fan of this controller.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote