Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 12-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #659
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Honestly, saying the MY18 mustang is a 11 second car is no different than saying the camaro is. As it stands, both appear to be mid-low 12 second cars for most people. I don't think anyone is arguing that this is going to be the norm.
I can honestly say that my very first 2SS A8 pass was 12.3. No special adjustments. Sport mode, 36 psi in the tires and 1,400 miles on the car, at GLD. It will hot lap 12.5 until you can smell and feel the engine heat in the car

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #660
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Lol.

This thread is just beyond ridiculous.

Its blatantly obvious at this point that the two cars are very much a driver's race, and its no longer "Advantage Camaro" as it has been for the past few years. Before, if the Camaro didn't mess up the launch, it was the clear winner against the GT typically by at least a half second or more. Now, even with a good start, its anyone's guess. The Camaro looks to launch a bit harder while the Mustang has a slightly better top end.

Good for the Mustang, and good for pony cars in general. I'm in no way convinced the Mustang has passed by the Camaro in terms of performance, but I am basically convinced that they have CAUGHT UP to us in acceleration. Handling has yet to be determined.

Mustang guys can be joyful for the fact that the GT is a stronger car now.

Camaro guys can be happy that we've been enjoying a strong car for a few years already.

Once the H2H happens all of this dust will settle, and this thread (thank goodness) will finally die.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:04 PM   #661
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Please stop with the excuses. The car is faster than anyone in this forum ever expected it to be period! No more domination by the Camaro, it is now a drivers race. The odd man out now is the ScatPack.
Lol OK. Maybe faster than the 2 or 3 diehards that have been arguing in this thread. I'll give you that.

Throttle down buddy.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #662
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Lol.

Its blatantly obvious at this point that the two cars are very much a driver's race, and its no longer "Advantage Camaro" as it has been for the past few years. Before, if the Camaro didn't mess up the launch, it was the clear winner against the GT typically by at least a half second or more. Now, even with a good start, its anyone's guess. The Camaro looks to launch a bit harder while the Mustang has a slightly better top end.

Good for the Mustang, and good for pony cars in general. I'm in no way convinced the Mustang has passed by the Camaro in terms of performance, but I am basically convinced that they have CAUGHT UP to us in acceleration. Handling has yet to be determined.

Camaro guys can be happy that we've been enjoying a strong car for a few years already.

Once the H2H happens all of this dust will settle, and this thread (thank goodness) will finally die.
^ This! See, your post helped the thread live a little longer. Looking forward to running the new Coyotes at Atco. I am no longer sure I can make all the stock ones cry. This will be more fun.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:37 PM   #663
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Lol.

See here's the thing, the way I see it, the Camaro is still clearly ahead. Can a good driver in a GT beat a bad driver in a SS? Of course. But that has been the case all along. But when put on fair ground, same day, same track, 3rd party testing, no messing around with this or fuddling around with that, the Camaro is going to come out on top. Because all these times we're seeing with the Mustang have been done by Camaro guys with either less mods or no mods at all. They're running slower times. It isn't anything to be impressed about. These guys are posting videos talking about how none of us expected this or that yet in reality none of us are impressed.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #664
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
See here's the thing, the way I see it, the Camaro is still clearly ahead. Can a good driver in a GT beat a bad driver in a SS? Of course. But that has been the case all along. But when put on fair ground, same day, same track, 3rd party testing, no messing around with this or fuddling around with that, the Camaro is going to come out on top. Because all these times we're seeing with the Mustang have been done by Camaro guys with either less mods or no mods at all. They're running slower times. It isn't anything to be impressed about. These guys are posting videos talking about how none of us expected this or that yet in reality none of us are impressed.
A full bolt on lowly 15-17 Mustang at mustang6g has gone 10.4, and poweradders cars are in the 8's while the fastest on camaro6 have managed in similar categories has been 10.8 and low 9's.

I'm not going to pretend to be snobby. I would still be impressed if a modified 6th gen camaro, 3 years later, was able to match the performance of a modified 15 Mustang. If it ever happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #665
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
A full bolt on lowly 15-17 Mustang at mustang6g has gone 10.4, and poweradders cars are in the 8's while the fastest on camaro6 have managed in similar categories has been 10.8 and low 9's.

I'm not going to pretend to be snobby. I would still be impressed if a modified 6th gen camaro, 3 years later, was able to match the performance of a modified 15 Mustang. If it ever happens.

Lol he’s gutted with full solid race suspension, ftw purple, stall and trans brake. 10.49 run in -1300 DA

I seen his progression. He was not running my times with my mods. Heck just take away the purple and ridiculous DA and it be neck and neck and I’m leaving off idle no converter.Near full weight
There are more 6gens in the 10s than S550 and with less mods
Old 12-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #666
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:

I found an 8 second Camaro for you.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&__tn__=%2As-R
Old 12-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #667
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

Depends on the mods. I've seen supercharged S550 GTs that couldn't do better than a mid 11 while my buddy in his E-Force powered SS was doing low 11s and broke into the 10s. And if someone is doing 10s in a FBO GT with no power adder then they scooped out the entire car and ran it on slicks as well as set it up completely for drag racing which again isn't anything impressive.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #668
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Another stock SS in the 11s. I should post this on M6G and tell them they should all be impressed!!

Old 12-01-2017, 08:44 PM   #669
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Another stock SS in the 11s. I should post this on M6G and tell them they should all be impressed!!

Do it
Old 12-01-2017, 11:32 PM   #670
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...=60320&page=10

hilarious..these s550's are gonna go down in history as the biggest pos made...

tbh if u gave me one for free i'de not drive it..sell the crap immediatly
Old 12-01-2017, 11:35 PM   #671
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
https://www.blocket.se/stockholm/For....htm?ca=10&w=3

the prices have collapsed here..nobody likes the styling..worthless pos of a car...ugly as sin aswell.
so looking forward to getting my gen6 camaro...i got half the 60k saved already..12 months i'll have the cash to go get one
Old 12-02-2017, 12:43 AM   #672
Mazman

Drives: slow
Dude the base price for that one was 393 000 SEK in 2015, the triple yellow, stripes, custom pack, recaros added another 40 000SEK or so. That one is an import as well

So the depreciation is around 50 000-60 000 since 2015. You also have to consider that it is wintertime and more or less no one buys sports cars now.

Just as a reference I could last month buy a brand new 2017 SS with A8, magnetic ride and NPP for 470 000 SEK, that cars list price was 500 000SEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
https://www.blocket.se/stockholm/For....htm?ca=10&w=3

the prices have collapsed here..nobody likes the styling..worthless pos of a car...ugly as sin aswell.
so looking forward to getting my gen6 camaro...i got half the 60k saved already..12 months i'll have the cash to go get one

Last edited by Mazman; 12-02-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Closed Thread