Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-28-2017, 09:26 AM   #15
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron0731 View Post
Wax build up=myth
well hey, why don't we just judge my Camaro on the its finished look.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:38 PM   #16
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
well hey, why don't we just judge my Camaro on the its finished look.
Your paint looks great, but wax buildup has nothing to do with it. If your paint is in that good of condition you should be using a cleaner wax every couple months and be done with it.
Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #17
CCMADONNA

No "cleaner wax" shall touch my car.
It gets strip washed and sealed every year.

It may be fine for others, i actually have the three days it takes every year to do the complete job.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #18
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
No "cleaner wax" shall touch my car.
It gets strip washed and sealed every year.

It may be fine for others, i actually have the three days it takes every year to do the complete job.

A cleaner wax is for people who don't clay or polish their vehicles, it doesn't provide much protection, and only lasts a couple months at best.

The CG BL/WL has a solvent in it which removes old wax. You can seal over the BL/WL to get longer durability out of it.

Another option which lasts much longer with great results is Carpro Essence with a Meguiars DMF microfiber finishing pad on a D/A polisher. Follow with Carpro Reload to seal and your good for 6 months.

If your car doesn't need compounding, you can easily complete this in 1 day.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #19
Aaron0731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post

A cleaner wax is for people who don't clay or polish their vehicles, it doesn't provide much protection, and only lasts a couple months at best.

The CG BL/WL has a solvent in it which removes old wax. You can seal over the BL/WL to get longer durability out of it.

Another option which lasts much longer with great results is Carpro Essence with a Meguiars DMF microfiber finishing pad on a D/A polisher. Follow with Carpro Reload to seal and your good for 6 months.

If your car doesn't need compounding, you can easily complete this in 1 day.
Bad information. Cleaner waxes are used by those with perfect paint. Or should be.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #20
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Bad information. Cleaner waxes are used by those with perfect paint. Or should be.

, cleaner waxes are designed to FILL light swirls, while using a solvent or light abrasive to give a light "cleaning" of the paint. They can't remove bonded contaminates like clay or a clay alternative can.

Cleaner waxes are what you'll find at Wal-Mart or one of the auto pats stores.

To perfect paint it must be sanded or buffed with a denim pad to remove all the orange peel, then compounded to remove sanding marks, then polished to a high gloss. Your talking 70-100 hours of work.

Anyone who does this does not put a $5 cleaner wax on the car. They usually do a full wrap with PPF to protect it from any possible damage.

Your information is bad, sorry. You wont find one professional detailer who uses cleaner wax after compounding and polishing a car. Let alone spending hours upon hours to remove orange peel and make it absolutely perfect.

Polishing is the key to getting the best possible finish on your car. No cleaner wax made could ever make the paint on my car look like this.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427438

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 05-30-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:45 AM   #21
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
^^^^^ X2.

All cleaner waxes have fillers and is not made for people with "perfect paint" It is made for people that want to toss something on the car to make it "shine" and hide the imperfections.

Horrible information indeed.

If you have poor condition paint and use cleaner wax, you're only hiding the imperfections rather than taking care of them.

I'm with @Joe M 2012 2SS 110% on this. That is pretty laughable, sorry, not sorry.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:16 AM   #22
Aaron0731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
^^^^^ X2.

All cleaner waxes have fillers and is not made for people with "perfect paint" It is made for people that want to toss something on the car to make it "shine" and hide the imperfections.

Horrible information indeed.

If you have poor condition paint and use cleaner wax, you're only hiding the imperfections rather than taking care of them.

I'm with @Joe M 2012 2SS 110% on this. That is pretty laughable, sorry, not sorry.
You both are truly clueless. Enjoy your overpriced over hyped over marketed products.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:19 AM   #23
Aaron0731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
, cleaner waxes are designed to FILL light swirls, while using a solvent or light abrasive to give a light "cleaning" of the paint. They can't remove bonded contaminates like clay or a clay alternative can.

Cleaner waxes are what you'll find at Wal-Mart or one of the auto pats stores.

To perfect paint it must be sanded or buffed with a denim pad to remove all the orange peel, then compounded to remove sanding marks, then polished to a high gloss. Your talking 70-100 hours of work.

Anyone who does this does not put a $5 cleaner wax on the car. They usually do a full wrap with PPF to protect it from any possible damage.

Your information is bad, sorry. You wont find one professional detailer who uses cleaner wax after compounding and polishing a car. Let alone spending hours upon hours to remove orange peel and make it absolutely perfect.

Polishing is the key to getting the best possible finish on your car. No cleaner wax made could ever make the paint on my car look like this.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427438
Perfect paint implies it has already been clayed and compounded and sealed. Once you e got the imperfections out, cleaner wax is used to maintain. You've bought in to the marketing hype. Enjoy your overpriced products though by all means.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:21 AM   #24
Aaron0731

And once my car is out of the shop from getting hail damage repaired I'll upload some shots. And it's black...
Old 05-31-2017, 11:41 AM   #25
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
I'm sure we will enjoy our overpriced product.

As a guy (myself) that's been detailing in the neighborhood of 15 years (33 now), started from using the worst possible products and making mistakes throughout the years and learned from scratch, I find that there is always a better product.

You're calling us clueless, but, are swearing by a product that offers artificial benefits that only cover up the imperfections.

Since you're a master detailer, what is your setup? Flex, Rupes, Griots, PC, etc.

What type of polishes/sealants do you use?

Food for thought:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...shing-wax.html

Let me guess, the folks at AG are clueless, too, right?
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:48 PM   #26
CCMADONNA

I have been washing cars since my dad bought his 1959 Buick!
Here are my overpriced products and a picture of my 18 year old Yukon that still looks great because of those over priced products.
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-31-2017, 03:41 PM   #27
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
White Summit owner here too... So good info on this... Need to do a little more research.

joe..
Old 05-31-2017, 03:55 PM   #28
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Perfect paint implies it has already been clayed and compounded and sealed. Once you e got the imperfections out, cleaner wax is used to maintain. You've bought in to the marketing hype. Enjoy your overpriced products though by all means.

Compounding alone will not produce the best finish, a finishing polish is required to maximize gloss.

Compound removes the defects, finishing polish brings out the gloss.

Since my car was polished with Essence on 10-16-2016, and sealed with Reload, the only thing I have to do is wash it with Hydrofoam to top off the protection, once every 3 months.

No application of product by spreading on, allowing to dry, and then having to buff off after it cures. Wash, rinse, pool, dry what little water is left, done.
This leaves protection that no cleaner wax can, it's highly resistant to any solvents or acids.

It lasts at least 3 months on it's own on a non-garaged car. Where cleaner wax goes a month, with very little resistance to acids or solvents.

The base sealant of Reload is extremely durable, I'm on over 7 months and it's still providing excellent protection. Try this with the sealant your using, wash it with a 10ph soap, 5 washes with a 12ph APC, another wash with an acidic cleaner of 4ph. Your cleaner wax will be gone after the first wash, your sealant will be gone after the second APC wash.

No hype, no marketing, just high quality products that protect my paint like no other in their class.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 05-31-2017 at 04:17 PM.