Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #925
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-02 View Post
Hi just some clarification...when you say your codes cleared up...do you mean after you reset them or they just went off by themselves? If they went off by themselves, after approx. how many restarts?

Thanks
I'll clear up the sequence of events.....

I started my car on SP8, did not let my car properly warm up, drove about 50 feet, then got a Reduced Engine Power warning (and reduced power) and a steady CEL. I shut my car, the Reduced Engine Power went away (car returned to normal power), but the steady CEL remained on. The VTC remained on SP8 the whole time.

Highway driving on the way to work, with the CEL on, the Reduced Engine Power alert came back with the reduction of power. I pull over, shut the car, turn it back on, and the Reduced Engine Power went away with power returning to normal, but the steady CEL remained (the entire morning).

I parked my car for about 8 hours.

I turn the key on for accessory, to power up my VTC, and set it to SP0. I started my car. The CEL was still on. I drove about 15 minutes (half my commute), pulled over, and shut my car for about 3 minutes. I turned it back on, and the CEL was gone. Everything appeared normal.

I drove home on SP0, then the next morning started my commute on SP0 again. 15 minutes in, without shutting my car, I changed to SP8. No problems that day, or since.

So I didn't actually do anything to clear the codes other let the car sit, change to SP0 before starting, run it on SP0 for about 15 minutes, then shut the car, and restart (still on SP0).
Old 06-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #926
Spiderbob

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS2
Have they got the bugs worked out on this for the LFx engine. I want one but not if it is continuing to have issues. Has Ahmed addressed this yet? I read the thread and haven't seen one. I know he is good about warranty, I just don't want something that is unreliable. Thanks
Spiderbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #927
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderbob View Post
Have they got the bugs worked out on this for the LFx engine. I want one but not if it is continuing to have issues. Has Ahmed addressed this yet? I read the thread and haven't seen one. I know he is good about warranty, I just don't want something that is unreliable. Thanks
As far as an official word goes, no there hasn't been anything. Unless it's a true manufacturing issue there is no way Ahmed could get to the bottom of this unless he is able to watch a car malfunction. Clearly there is an issue that involves the VTC, but it's not fully clear what exactly the issue is. I think most people believe it has more to do with the car's reaction to the VTC than to the VTC itself (especially considering NJScorpio's account of what happened to him above).
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:50 AM   #928
Mr Jos

Drives: '13 2LT RS
I had only some codes thrown when it was colder, I Always run SP7, and didn't put back to SP0, just kept on SP7, and codes cleared themselve over time, as long as temperature doesnt go to low to throw new one.

I haven't had the issue for few months anymore since temperature got higher again. (no more freezing)

I'm not going to remove it for some code that does nothing else then put on a orange light. I just ignore it and keep on enjoying the VTC/Camaro.
Mr Jos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #929
Spiderbob

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS2
Thanks guys
Spiderbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:58 PM   #930
Steelix

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT/RS
I just put mine on today the hardest part was getting my hands in to unplug the cable. So far it's working, big deference at SP5 I tried SP7 and SP9 way to much for daily driving. I hope no codes pop up.

Steelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #931
6bangerBOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelix View Post
I just put mine on today the hardest part was getting my hands in to unplug the cable. So far it's working, big deference at SP5 I tried SP7 and SP9 way to much for daily driving. I hope no codes pop up.
Yeah, unplugging the connector is by far the hardest part.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:25 AM   #932
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Yeah, unplugging the connector is by far the hardest part.
90% of the effort is spent there...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #933
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Bought mine back in March, but not sure I should install it. Seems like not enough product testing was done on this....
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #934
6bangerBOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
Bought mine back in March, but not sure I should install it. Seems like not enough product testing was done on this....
Just install it a little bit and see if you like it. If so, install it the rest of the way.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #935
Niro

Drives: Silver 2012 camaro 2lt
I've had the controller installed for about 6 months. I seem to have good weeks/months with 1 or 2 bad days with the code popping up. I've had the issue occur i think 4 or 5 times. 1 time I believe it happened because I left the engine idle for a while. The other times seem random. I unplug the controller, reconnect and fasten any loose wires, and it seems to work for a while. I still love it.

Just my opinion to anybody out there still looking.
Niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:34 PM   #936
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Just install it a little bit and see if you like it. If so, install it the rest of the way.

like playing "just the tip"? I don't think it works that way....
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #937
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
I've had it installed for about 6 months too. I drive on SP6 or SP7. In snow I set it to SP0. I have never used Eco-Mode. I have never had a code pop since i installed it. Definitely best bang-for-the-buck mod.

2012 1LT/RS
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:03 AM   #938
TGCammy

Drives: 2015 V6 RS Bright Yellow
This is nothing more than math, like a multiplier.

EffectivePedal = VTC x ActualPedal, SP0 means VTC=1

So, for example, say SP5 means VTC = 5, then actually moving the pedal say 2mm will act like you (effectively) moved it 10mm, increased response.

SP0 means VTC=1, so no effect, stock.

Of course the equation and numbers are illustrations. The equation is more complex and not linear.
TGCammy is offline   Reply With Quote