Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 12-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #407
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
So to sum it up, you don't have have money to throw a way...hence you cannot afford Admin.

Hey, some people can't afford to buy new cars either (but they still do). Buying any vehicle new is a stupid financial decision....yet people still do it.

Can you go to vegas and a dozen times a year and afford to lose $20k per trip gambling? I didn't think so, yet people do it all the time....as they can afford it.
There is an obvious difference between choosing not to buy something, and not being able to buy something.

Do you buy tampons? I don't. I don't need them. Doesn't mean I can't afford them. They are pretty cheap after all.

Did I buy a Shelby? No. Doesn't mean I can't afford it, just means I didn't want it.

In fact, if someone gave me one for free, I would probably sell it. I don't want a garage queen that occasionally goes to the track, and I wouldn't enjoy daily driving that car with all the issues it has. I mean, who has time to check the oil every five minutes on their daily driver to see if it mysteriously disappeared? So, while I LOVE the car and what Ford has done in terms of a performance car, I just wouldn't have much use for it. Now, of course I would take it for a few spins before I sold it, it just would be taking up space in my garage that I want to use for my daily driver. And if I had a friend that had one and let me take it for a spin or take it for some laps on a track, I would definitely do it. Buying one for my self? Not so much.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:08 PM   #408
Jastone

Drives: 98 TA, 10 Sierra, 17 XT5, 17 1le
Quote:
So to sum it up, you don't have have money to throw a way...hence you cannot afford Admin.

Hey, some people can't afford to buy new cars either (but they still do). Buying any vehicle new is a stupid financial decision....yet people still do it.

Can you go to vegas and a dozen times a year and afford to lose $20k per trip gambling? I didn't think so, yet people do it all the time....as they can afford it.
So according to your logic, if a gas station is selling a $1 pack of gum for $5, and I didn’t want to buy it, it’s because I can’t afford the mark up? Or is it because although the money difference is affordable, I still understand value vs cost? Think about. Your arguments are just that..... arguments!! Gets old. Move on to logic and leave stupidity and personal attacks alone.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #409
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
There is an obvious difference between choosing not to buy something, and not being able to buy something.

Do you buy tampons? I don't. I don't need them. Doesn't mean I can't afford them. They are pretty cheap after all.

Did I buy a Shelby? No. Doesn't mean I can't afford it, just means I didn't want it.

In fact, if someone gave me one for free, I would probably sell it. I don't want a garage queen that occasionally goes to the track, and I wouldn't enjoy daily driving that car with all the issues it has. I mean, who has time to check the oil every five minutes on their daily driver to see if it mysteriously disappeared? So, while I LOVE the car and what Ford has done in terms of a performance car, I just wouldn't have much use for it. Now, of course I would take it for a few spins before I sold it, it just would be taking up space in my garage that I want to use for my daily driver. And if I had a friend that had one and let me take it for a spin or take it for some laps on a track, I would definitely do it. Buying one for my self? Not so much.
See my analogy to Jastone. This has nothing to do with having the money to purchase something. This is entirely based on the impact of the decision. Would losing $20k hurt? If the answer is yes…then it’s absolutely idiotic to pay for admin. There are many…many people that can lose $20k without even noticing it in their budget….and those people have absolutely no issues paying extra to have something that other people refuse to pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastone View Post
So according to your logic, if a gas station is selling a $1 pack of gum for $5, and I didn’t want to buy it, it’s because I can’t afford the mark up? Or is it because although the money difference is affordable, I still understand value vs cost? Think about. Your arguments are just that..... arguments!! Gets old. Move on to logic and leave stupidity and personal attacks alone.
Will buying the pack of gum and throwing it immediately in the trash have a large negative impact on your yearly budget? If not, you can afford it.

And none of these are personal attacks....I'm not sure where you even get this from.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #410
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
See my analogy to Jastone. This has nothing to do with having the money to purchase something. This is entirely based on the impact of the decision. Would losing $20k hurt? If the answer is yes…then it’s absolutely idiotic to pay for admin. There are many…many people that can lose $20k without even noticing it in their budget….and those people have absolutely no issues paying extra to have something that other people refuse to pay for.

Will buying the pack of gum and throwing it immediately in the trash have a large negative impact on your yearly budget? If not, you can afford it.
Wrong. Horribly wrong. And now you're trying to bend a word that is well known and defined just to suit your argument. Your ego and narcissism truly knows no limit.

Affording something does not mean whether or not it'll impact your yearly budget or any of this nonsense you threw together off the top of your head. To AFFORD something means do you have enough money to buy it (as in a Shelby) or do you have enough money to provide for it (as in a pet octopus). If the answer is yes, then you can afford it. It is a simple word, a simple definition, and a simple answer. It could wipe all the money out of your bank account. But if you can buy it, then you can afford it. There is no part of the definition that says well if you can afford something then you'll buy it regardless of the price. There is no part of the definition that says well people who have money and can afford something will buy it and if they can't afford it then they won't buy it. Can you afford a $5,000 slice of pizza? Will you buy a slice of pizza for $5,000? Affording it and buying it are completely different. So. Again. Can I afford a Shelby with the markups? Absolutely. Will I pay even 1 dime in markups for that underwhelming issue riddled car? No I won't.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #411
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
This has nothing to do with having the money to purchase something.
I'm sorry, but in the English language the word "afford" has everything to do with whether or not you can pay for it. Try using a dictionary. Affordability is a mathematical calculation of whether there is enough money to pay for something (in this context). It has nothing to do with opinion or losing things or throwing them away.

Quote:
This is entirely based on the impact of the decision. Would losing $20k hurt? If the answer is yes…then it’s absolutely idiotic to pay for admin. There are many…many people that can lose $20k without even noticing it in their budget….and those people have absolutely no issues paying extra to have something that other people refuse to pay for.

So, by your logic, Bill Gates can't afford an Apple computer because he chose not to buy one.

One of the key terms you used above is "refuse". Refuse means you have a choice. Just because I choose not to buy something, ANYTHING in fact, does not mean I can't afford it. Again, I don't buy tampons because I just don't need them. I can afford hundreds of boxes of them. Just don't need them.

I can afford a $20K ADM if I like. And perhaps if I ever find a car that needs a $20K ADM that I actually want, I might pay it. Right now, there aren't any cars on the market that fit this category. What about the GT350? I wouldn't buy that car without ADM (not knocking that car, just don't want it). That doesn't mean I can't afford the car. I don't want a GT350 any more than I want a tampon.

There are currently many billionaires that can afford a $1,000,000 ADM on anything they want that don't have GT350's. Does this mean they can't afford one? NO!
Old 12-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #412
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Who are these people that can afford to lose $20K for ADM/gambling/whatever and how can I be adopted? lol

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 12-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #413
Jastone

Quote:

And none of these are personal attacks....I'm not sure where you even get this from.

Define “negative impact” and “affordability”. What exactly is the ratio? It’s purely a subjective term defined by the purchaser when speaking of value to cost. There is a defined meaning of affordable, look it up. It may help you define your arguments. There is a difference between affordable and worth it.

So tell me, why do you say one who doesn’t buy the GT350 because of the ADM instantly falls in the ”Can’t Afford” category? You know nothing of anyone’s finances, beliefs or desires that may or not motivate the decision that they make. So see, by categorizing people based “your” metrics makes it personal. You have no data points other than your opinion for someone else’s decision.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #414
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
It is becoming personal for you. You are sitting here trying to bend a word at your whim and trying your best to spin it just because you want to find some way of saying that I can't afford something. And the only reason you're making that argument is because you personally are trying to prove something to me. You literally just sat here trying to spin a simple word into meaning something because you are trying to prove that ADMs will be added to the GT500 and that people will buy them and that I can't afford it. That makes it a personal attack. And you are wrong. Well maybe some idiot out there will buy them.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #415
Jastone

And SS, make sure you take yet another thread based on objective data points and turn it into a subjective argument to discount someone’s choice of vehicles so this one can get locked too.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #416
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:

Do you own a pink VW Beatle? No? Well, too bad you can't afford one. Maybe you should look for another job so you could afford it...

(FYI, that was sarcasm for those who are sarcasm impaired)
Old 12-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #417
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Do you own a pink VW Beatle? No? Well, too bad you can't afford one. Maybe you should look for another job so you could afford it...

(FYI, that was sarcasm for those who are sarcasm impaired)
I'm gonna go buy a box of tampons. Hell, I can afford it.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #418
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm gonna go buy a box of tampons. Hell, I can afford it.
Me too. I don't want people to think I'm broke! What kind are you getting? I don't know much about them... Perhaps we can find out more about them on the GT350 forums. They paid the ADM so...
Old 12-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #419
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Wow this thread has gone of the deep end lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 12-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #420
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Wow, I'm surprised some of you don't know the actual definition of the word "afford" and are actually trying to argue it.

Per Dictionary.com

afford

verb (used with object)
to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect:

Simply having enough money to pay for something does not mean one can afford it.

Closed Thread