#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #29
psalmon123

Drives: 2015 Z07 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
That's because that car is for REAL drivers and not those who just press on gas pedal and let computer do the shifting.
So I guess F1 and Indy cars don't have real drivers. I have an A8 in my corvette and an A10 in my Camaro. I can put them in manual mode and shift as fast or faster than you. The fact that you can depress a clutch pedal means nothing. It's all personal preference
psalmon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #30
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
This is a pure track car....

No auto needed to slow it down and add heat.

/end topic.
Pure track car with backup camera??
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #31
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
If an A10 ZL1 1LE is too tough for you get the 6cylinder 1LE. That would fit your mindset well.
I have absolutely no idea how you could pull that from what I posted nor where you are going with it...would probably be best for you to not speculate on my mindset. I don't get the whole 6cyl bit & then the new 1le is too tough for me?? Like others, I considered getting one??

I am an enthusiast of any well made vehicle...just not a fan of seeing rude banter based on a personal preferences make grown people take a good thread down the dirt road. No value in it.

Sorry if I misread...maybe I missed the joke completely & you forgot the smiley??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaser2 View Post
A track car that is competent on the street. Besides...backup cameras are legally required on all automobiles, now...
Old 04-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #33
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy View Post
So far all the answers are total BS. In the original third gen 1LEs the automatic far outsold the 5 speed cars. Well far outsold may be a stretch for a car that sold about 100/year, but there were very few 5 speeds sold. It may have something to do with the fact that the automatic was behind the 350 in motor and the T-5 was behind a 305, but nevertheless history shows that the 1LE started mostly as an automatic.
You are digging way too deep into it. Yes we know the 1LE has been offered in manual, but in the new Camaro age (2010-present day) since they reintroduced the 1LE they have made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that the 1LE is to be offered in manual only!!! It's that simple, this is not a manual vs. auto argument it is simply based on Al O and his teams wishes to keep the 1LEs all manual! So there for since the ZL1 1LE is a 1LE it is M6 only!!! There's nothing to argue about here!!!
Old 04-17-2017, 10:04 AM   #34
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray23 View Post
There is only one track for the ZL1 1LE, and its not straight and 1/4 mile long.
A dragstrip isn't technically a track.

Anyway, why are there so many babies on this forum? I thought we were all adults.

...adults who like fun and don't need our cars to drive for us.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #35
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
A track car that is competent on the street. Besides...backup cameras are legally required on all automobiles, now...
Does the auto/heat issue have any merit?? My understanding is everyone tried to overheat these cars regardless of trans & couldn't with all the heat exchangers.

You are way more in the loop than I am, but to me it really simply boils down to marketing & 1LE = Manual. If they offered it in auto seems to me they would simply use another name due to the history??

Can't wait till you get yours & get some feedback!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #36
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Does the auto/heat issue have any merit?? My understanding is everyone tried to overheat these cars regardless of trans & couldn't with all the heat exchangers.

You are way more in the loop than I am, but to me it really simply boils down to marketing & 1LE = Manual. If they offered it in auto seems to me they would simply use another name due to the history??

Can't wait till you get yours & get some feedback!!
I'm far from in the loop.

Personally, I think the biggest factor was weight. ZL1 1LE is a full 124lbs lighter than the A10 ZL1 that went around the 'Ring last summer. 61 of those pounds was the transmission, according to Chevy's weight figures for the coupe.

I am DYING, waiting for this masterpiece....but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait - and I'll absolutely provide feedback.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #37
zipline

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonasurvive View Post
Everything I have read has stated, that automatic remove a lot of human involvement from racing and are not allowed due to that fact. Just like dragging an auto, you just have to push the pedal and off you go. Where as dragging a manual you have to clutch, shift and use the gas. Autos just take too many human elements (driver skill) away, and it's truly just the car doing the racing. Just my friendly two cents and with an easy google search, racing rules are on the internet.

Good post. Totally agree and can see that there are some very vocal posters here who obviously can't drive a manual. Nobody is that much of an Automatic cheerleader if they are good with a stick.
zipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #38
greaser2

My daily driver is a manual. Just would prefer a ZL1 in auto and I will be taking it to a track. If one prefers an manual, then great but I see several comments implying true track cars and drivers should being driving manuals?? I'm sure the real reason GM is not selling them in auto is based on cost, that is the bottom line for GM.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #39
zipline

Drives: chevy
Quote:
My daily driver is a manual. Just would prefer a ZL1 in auto and I will be taking it to a track. If one prefers an manual, then great but I see several comments implying true track cars and drivers should being driving manuals?? I'm sure the real reason GM is not selling them in auto is based on cost, that is the bottom line for GM.

No automatic due to cost? Really? Maybe it is because the manual is better for the cars design purpose build.
zipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #40
greaser2

Quote:
The point is it is a highly optioned "track car"??
Old 04-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #41
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Quote:
Mr. Wyndham answered for me.....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #42
greaser2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipline View Post
No automatic due to cost? Really? Maybe it is because the manual is better for the cars design purpose build.
There are better track cars out there if my concern is a better track car. Also, how do u know it truly is a better track car when no auto version is out there?