Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 08-20-2018, 02:31 AM   #1
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Rivnut replacement

I have the rpi stage 1 spoiler with wicker bill. They send it with crap hardware for the wicker bill. (no this isn't an rpi bash thread). I'm at fault for knowing it was crap and waiting so long to decide to replace the steel bolts with stainless ones.

I decided to replace them this weekend (1.5 year later). The last one I took out came a little then stopped and wouldn't loosen anymore. I tightened and loosened hoping it would break free of whatever was holding it. Well it broke alright. The rivnut broke free of the spoiler.

I need to know, is there maybe a larger diameter rivnut I can put in that would be the same thread size? Or will I have to have the fiberglass repaired, then a new rivnut?
Attached Images

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
Mighunter

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Rivnuts are the work of the devil. I had to use them to put some body armor on my jeep and i've never been more frustrated in my life. Those things SUCK!
Mighunter is offline   Reply With Quote