Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #15
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I really would like to know what the media has to do with any of this? How can the media affect things one way or another?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I really would like to know what the media has to do with any of this? How can the media affect things one way or another?
Constant GM-bashing and import loving. The US media's well known for this.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #17
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Scott, the company I work for made the mistake of offering packages not long ago. It was great for those who took advantage of this, however it was the dumbest company maneuver I've ever experienced. The talent that walked out the door simply cannot be replaced and we are paying dearly for it to this day. I hope for the love of GM that they do not make this mistake and I applaud you for not being of nature to want such an offering.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #18
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZ View Post
Just knowing your passion for Camaro, many of us will share your pain when this time comes..

Although, I have an idea..

If ALL of the Camaro Family Enthusisast would pitch up a few bucks each for a good cause. I bet we could keep Thor in the family....what do yall say, I would be willing to donate $100 to save Thor what about YOU?

Save Thor!
I'm in for $100 as well! Scott has done such great things for GM, enthusiasts and for the dealers!
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #19
camdaddy
67 and still a Camaro nut

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 6M Airaid/Corsa
The media is a joke! Just look at magazines like Car and Driver or Motor Trend. Those guys are nothing but whores who sell there reccommendations to the highest bidder, at least it seems that way. Not only that, the cars they hype are usually ones that most of us cannot afford!
camdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #20
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
There may be, however, those who think I SHOULD be 'interested'.........
Let me at um. I am so glad you will be continuing with GM.
Your perseverance is a huge part of why am I driving my Camaro SS/RS and I will not forget that.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I agree with about 90% of the comments here.

Welcome back Scott and I have high hopes for GM

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #22
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I
Somebody (responsible) put up a save Thor paypal button! We need to save Thor!
SSMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupé View Post
Somebody (responsible) put up a save Thor paypal button! We need to save Thor!
I guarantee a whole lotta' $$$, but I'd chip in too

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #24
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Clicky mah siggy. Welcome to the Save Thor Fund!

Edit: Well it didn't quite work out as planned.. but it was worth a shot.

Last edited by Zabo; 07-14-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #25
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZ View Post
Just knowing your passion for Camaro, many of us will share your pain when this time comes..

Although, I have an idea..

If ALL of the Camaro Family Enthusisast would pitch up a few bucks each for a good cause. I bet we could keep Thor in the family....what do yall say, I would be willing to donate $100 to save Thor what about YOU?

Save Thor!

Master Z and Zabo -- Wow -- what can I say......

I posted this on another thread -- and I'll post it here -- Thank you for your kind thoughts --

Here goes:

I've been away and have been monitoring the sites a lil bit on Friday -- but completely missed the one that you started about taking up a collection for Thor.

First of all -- let me say that I am deeply - and I do mean DEEPLY touched that some would think so kindly of me. (and THOR!) It's things like this that make me stop and realize how rich my life is BECAUSE of people like you, ZABO, and so many others on this board and others - and the Camaro/Firebird Community at large. Thank you - thank you -- thank you for your kind, unselfish thoughts.

That said:

1. There are many people in this world that need help everyday just getting out of bed. (.....and then there are those who cannot even get out of bed.....) Those are the ones we all need to help -- and to pray for -- and to keep in our minds first and foremost.

2. I don't know what the outcome will be for Thor - I am hopeful that he'll be retrofitted at Milford -- checked over high and low -- and then make his way with some brothers and sisters to a GM auction where a dealer will buy him and HOPEFULLY he'll go to a good home.
I will say this: 12,000 miles and virtually NO PROBLEMS -- and he's a early one! This Camaro has been one of the most enjoyable and satisfying automobiles I've ever driven. (....and I've driven a LOT of cars and trucks!)

3. GM would prohibit you from doing that as long as I'm employed....strictly forbidden and I would be summarily dismissed.
(when I retire, you can all buy me a small country, ....'kay?) ( j/k)

Again - to all of my friends at Camaro5 -- God Bless ya! (and it's the thought that counts!)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #26
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Welcome Back Mr. Scott-er! I have missed seeing your posts. Is there a way the public can "lobby" GM as to where you will work? I think the more involvement you have the better GM will be. Great to hear about Bob....he's a car guy and gets it. Take care Scott looking forward to the new GM!
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote