Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #29
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
THanks Ted. I am well on my way now to conquering my fuel!. Just completed ordering all the fuel goodies.
Thank you for your order.

Send a tune update request when you get your parts to get your FREE tune update for the parts purchased from JRE.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #30
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you for your order.

Send a tune update request when you get your parts to get your FREE tune update for the parts purchased from JRE.

Ted.
Will do. Looking forward to that!.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #31
Richkidd87

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
THanks Ted. I am well on my way now to conquering my fuel!. Just completed ordering all the fuel goodies.
What did you order?
Richkidd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:11 AM   #32
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richkidd87 View Post
What did you order?

Basically the entire LT4 Fuel system, Intank pump, HPFP, lines, Injectors, etc plus a Powermax splice in voltage booster
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:28 PM   #33
Fergy

Drives: 17 Camaro SS2, 93 C1500 Silverado
This might be a dumb question but would it be possible to just abandon the DI system completely? remove the HPP and rail, leave the DI injectors as plugs and blank off where the high pressure pump sat and do a in tank upgrade...
I assume after that i could just buy a manifold with port injectors, install some high volume injectors and adapt the original harness. after that a tune would correct the new injector flows...

tell me if i am crazy... if i'm not, this would be way cheaper than anything
Old 02-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #34
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
I'm close to 700 whp with my current set up and I'm running stock LT1 fuel parts all the way around, and I run pump gas without any fuel adders. The advertised flow you get from the LT4 stuff is marginal to begin with, and is not what you will get in the LT1 platform because the fuel lobe on the LT1 cam isn't as big as the one on the LT4 cam. There are a lot of people on here that speak often about this glass ceiling the engine has and this max power in the high 500's or low 600's, but I have 31k miles on my car and did all my work around 11k miles without any issues what so ever. I did switch to forged pistons when I got the new pulley for my pro charger though. Way to many C7 guys cracking pistons when running high boost. Venting the crankcase goes a long way with the eutech pistons though. The ring lands do seem to be weak.
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #35
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
I'm close to 700 whp with my current set up and I'm running stock LT1 fuel parts all the way around, and I run pump gas without any fuel adders. The advertised flow you get from the LT4 stuff is marginal to begin with, and is not what you will get in the LT1 platform because the fuel lobe on the LT1 cam isn't as big as the one on the LT4 cam. There are a lot of people on here that speak often about this glass ceiling the engine has and this max power in the high 500's or low 600's, but I have 31k miles on my car and did all my work around 11k miles without any issues what so ever. I did switch to forged pistons when I got the new pulley for my pro charger though. Way to many C7 guys cracking pistons when running high boost. Venting the crankcase goes a long way with the eutech pistons though. The ring lands do seem to be weak.
So do tell, how you are accomplishing this power level with the stock fuel system? Is it the cam lobe profile on your custom cam?
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:28 PM   #36
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
LT1 fuel system can make about ~600 RWHP
LT4 fuel system can make about ~700 RWHP
Add a 32% cam lobe to either system and you'll get about an additional 100 HP.

You need some way to control knock on an LT engine to reach any of these limits on pump gas.
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:13 PM   #37
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
So do tell, how you are accomplishing this power level with the stock fuel system? Is it the cam lobe profile on your custom cam?
Yes, my cam has a raised fuel lobe on it.
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:54 AM   #38
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
This might be a dumb question but would it be possible to just abandon the DI system completely? remove the HPP and rail, leave the DI injectors as plugs and blank off where the high pressure pump sat and do a in tank upgrade...
I assume after that i could just buy a manifold with port injectors, install some high volume injectors and adapt the original harness. after that a tune would correct the new injector flows...

Yes, yes you can. A couple pepper have done it. ...
tell me if i am crazy... if i'm not, this would be way cheaper than anything
Yes. Yes you can. I know of a guy who has done it...
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #39
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Did they use the stock computer to run the port injectors?
Old 02-23-2018, 10:09 PM   #40
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
Did they use the stock computer to run the port injectors?
Holy shit that would be the best upgrade ever. If you knew what impedence the stockers were, and could run different injection windows, it might be possible.
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:10 PM   #41
boostednut

Drives: Nothing cool atm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Please more info
boostednut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:35 PM   #42
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostednut View Post
Holy shit that would be the best upgrade ever. If you knew what impedence the stockers were, and could run different injection windows, it might be possible.
DI and its ability to remove heat from the air / fuel mixture as it is being compressed due to a phase change is a game changer in terms of performance and IMO even more important with FI. I highly doubt for the vast majority of street driven cars this will be considered an "upgrade".
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote