Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-09-2014, 06:07 AM   #15
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
once the dealership touches it, then it is highly likely to have troubles from then on. 5 new tops, and it leaked when i traded it for my mustang. i begged gm for any kind of help at all and they just ignored me until i went to ford. now they are the ones who will get ignored for the next 5 generations of my family! good luck. i still love camaro folks, but gm can kiss my crusty butt.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #16
Yellowvert

Drives: 2SS Convert
I had a similar experience with Jim Glover Chevy in Tulsa. We bought a nice certified pre owned 2SS convert there. After a few weeks the water bag had a broken drain hose and flooded the rear carpet. They replaced it and performed a recall on the top. A month later a hole developed above the drivers side seat.
They outsourced the top because their trim guy was on vacation. We gave em the car a week before we left on vacation, and returned 10 days later. They had done nothing!! We griped them out over the phone and picked the car three weeks later. The top didn't go all the way down and flopped when you drove it.
We immediately returned the car. The trim guy worked on it and finally got the adjustment correct, but broke the right 1/4 glass in the process. He vaccumed the car half assed, and I cut my hands finishing the job. Needless to say we went had it out with gm of the dealership and left. Now the top rattles and is developing another wear spot where the hole was the first time.
Yellowvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #17
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCAMAROGUY View Post
Sorry to hear about your issues. I had all of the same problems until GM replaced my car. The simple truth is that regardless of dealership or out sourced shop, no one is trained to do a proper replacement.
Not true. there's a shop here in jacksonville FL that did mine almost a year ago and the only problem I've had is that when down, there is a squeaking from the driver side when driving slow. When park I push down on the arm slightly & it squeaks. When i raise it up about 1", the squeaking stops. I figure something must have come out of adjustment but I'm not blaming the shop.

Everything else with the top has been great. there ARE people out there that know how to fix them, but they're few & far between.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #18
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowvert View Post
I had a similar experience with Jim Glover Chevy in Tulsa. We bought a nice certified pre owned 2SS convert there. After a few weeks the water bag had a broken drain hose and flooded the rear carpet. They replaced it and performed a recall on the top. A month later a hole developed above the drivers side seat.
They outsourced the top because their trim guy was on vacation. We gave em the car a week before we left on vacation, and returned 10 days later. They had done nothing!! We griped them out over the phone and picked the car three weeks later. The top didn't go all the way down and flopped when you drove it.
We immediately returned the car. The trim guy worked on it and finally got the adjustment correct, but broke the right 1/4 glass in the process. He vaccumed the car half assed, and I cut my hands finishing the job. Needless to say we went had it out with gm of the dealership and left. Now the top rattles and is developing another wear spot where the hole was the first time.
Wow, Jim Glover did my top there in house and even though it took a few return trips, they eventually got everything right. How long ago was this?
Old 02-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #19
Yellowvert

Drives: 2SS Convert
This was 2012 right after we purchased the car. It spent a total of 9 weeks in the shop. They did provide a loaner, but we bought the Camaro to enjoy and didn't like driving the gas hogging pickups they loaned us. Overall satisfaction level was low, and the shop manager was clueless on what to do with it. Hopefully by now they have had enough convertible's with top issues go through, and have it figured out.
Yellowvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowvert View Post
This was 2012 right after we purchased the car. It spent a total of 9 weeks in the shop. They did provide a loaner, but we bought the Camaro to enjoy and didn't like driving the gas hogging pickups they loaned us. Overall satisfaction level was low, and the shop manager was clueless on what to do with it. Hopefully by now they have had enough convertible's with top issues go through, and have it figured out.
I had my top replaced last year and they must've got it down because the shop foreman was the one that did my top personally and he did a pretty good job.