Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #71
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You're making my point very well. I didn't spend extra $$$ to have a ZL1 that looks like every other Camaro on the street. If I had known all the parts would be available I probably would have just done a 1LE.
I agree. And this is coming from someone who had both. I hope GM if it brings the ZL1 to the 6th Gen has the same limited parts availability as the Z/28 has.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #72
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Quote:
Something you may not have thought of, but with the changes to the front and rear fascias the flares for the Z/28 may not even fit your car.
Quote:
If you notice the rear of your car tucks under at the rear wheels but on the 14's it is flat. Those flares will not work. Instead of modifying the factory ones why not wait for the aftermarket to design them that will fit your car?
What does ACS products have anything to do with this thread? It's great you love ACS products and are clearly speaking on their behalf but some people realize that aftermarket isn't always better than OEM. ACS is expensive, let alone replicas that don't belong on your car to begin with. Stop force feeding ACS products, it won't make us want it. Not everyone wants to slap on products from other trim levels either. It looks extremely tacky in most cases. Less is more...
Old 04-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #73
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
What does ACS products have anything to do with this thread? It's great you love ACS products and are clearly speaking on their behalf but some people realize that aftermarket isn't always better than OEM. ACS is expensive, let alone replicas that don't belong on your car to begin with. Stop force feeding ACS products, it won't make us want it. Not everyone wants to slap on products from other trim levels either. It looks extremely tacky in most cases. Less is more...
Replying to the guy wanting GM to provide Z/28 parts for his car, just pointing out aftermarket will fill the needs if there is a demand for them, and ACS is already starting to do it...
Old 04-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #74
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Replying to the guy wanting GM to provide Z/28 parts for his car, just pointing out aftermarket will fill the needs if there is a demand for them, and ACS is already starting to do it...
Kudos to ACS, and I'm sure you'll be first in line...
Old 04-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #75
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
I was posting a reply much in the same vein as Scotts post about a month and a half ago... I stopped midway through it b/c I felt (knew) that it would be like shooting spitballs at a tank.

Having said that, I agree 100% Mr. Settlemire, I am blown away by how much GM tries to listen.

We hear about the new super Camaro in the works and what is involved. The purists say, Were glad, but this shouldn't be a Z/28. Too heavy and the Z was never anything other than a hi rev track-focused car. How about calling it a ZL1 or a 1LE instead? BAM, we get a ZL1, 1LE soon after AND GM still followed through and gave the world the Z/28 we've been lusting over for last. No one expected that and most companies would have stood pat.

We cried about a bland blank interior, BAM, new updated interior for 2012.

We ask for nav and smartphone integration, BAM, 2013 MY sees MyLink std, nav available.

We create polls for a new medium-blue, BAM, new blue coming.

That's a small example but I think most logical people agree and understand. IMO GM probably listens a bit too much as it relates to Camaro for my tastes. You can't argue with the results though.

Camaro is one of the few car lines that isn't decontented while the price goes up and up. The way team Camaro @ GM has gone about doing business and the relationship with it's Camaro loyalists should be studied. Notice how Camaro has consistently beaten it's competition over the life of the 5th gen?

So long as GM focuses on this formula and continually listens to it's base, then I see no reason why Camaro should ever relinquish it's hold on the title of best selling car in the segment, but selling pony car in the world.
People complain about the mail slot and how pointless it is, and BAM! No more mail slot on the 14s :(
Old 04-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #76
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler360 View Post
People complain about the mail slot and how pointless it is, and BAM! No more mail slot on the 14s :(
'14 1LE does look amazingly sexy without the mail slot. If the mail slot was functional that would have made more sense but it wasn't.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #77
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
I agree. And this is coming from someone who had both. I hope GM if it brings the ZL1 to the 6th Gen has the same limited parts availability as the Z/28 has.
You were not big into sharing as a kid were you? Lets raise the anti if we want exclusive. Maybe GM should charge to be exclusive why not raise the cost of the z28 and zl1 to 200K that way we would be more exclusive driving it. At that price it pushes it to more of the 1% crowd and you would have less of a chance of seeing another in a similar vehicle. AT that cost one could argue the price is based on keeping parts exclusive and I am paying that price to do that. By your comment that is what you are saying

Quote:
'14 1LE does look amazingly sexy without the mail slot. If the mail slot was functional that would have made more sense but it wasn't.
I like the mail slot. works great for the night rider light
Old 04-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #78
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yeah but i love the look of the mail slot, i guess thats just me lol. With the right hood it looks even better!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:14 AM   #79
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I have been very impressed by the effort that GM and the Camaro team have made to interact and include the enthusiasts of their product. I remember how many people on Camaro5 got their shorts in twist when the Ford Mustang Boss 302 was hitting the streets because Chevy didn't quite have a bullet in the chamber for that. Three years later...the Camaro lineup will arguably eat Ford's lunch and take their milk money everyday of the week. The one thing that will never change on these forums is the small yet vocal group of people who sometimes have a sincere good intent but completely unrealistic perspective of reality. Anybody who works for a large corporation understands that GM is a business that first and foremost is trying to make gobs of money for investors. Some of the topics that keep getting dragged out are perfect examples of GM keeping the bottom line in mind. No company is going to acquiesce to a vocal minority to re-engineer a product, change product developments, or risk alienating the majority of the targeted customers all the while incurring more risk and possibly lowering the profit margin on a product.

I look at the breadth of General Motors entire lineup and continue to be impressed. Buick, Cadillac, and Chevy all have some rather stylish offerings and exciting products that reflect how far GM has progressed in the last decade. I still cringe when I think about some of the stuff that they were selling just a half decade ago...GM has come a long way.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:27 AM   #80
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Mail slot is sweet looking.
Quote:
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #81
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
That is total BS. GM just wants to jack up prices The manufacture has to offer replacement parts so extra parts have to be made. If I buy a z28 tomorrow and keep busting the front fender flare every week gm has to sale me another . They can not limit me.
From these comments it proves to me you know absolutely nothing about GMSPO. You're talking out your ass.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #82
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
From these comments it proves to me you know absolutely nothing about GMSPO. You're talking out your ass.
The quote leaves out half of the conversion. Blur was referring to limiting parts because gm does not want to produce allot When in fact GM is limiting parts to make the car Limited/exclusive. They own letter stipulates this. If GM or any company goes to extra effort to keep the cost of a car up they are looking at ways to increase their own profit. By your comment you are not reading the complete story.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #83
214Chevelle

Drives: 72 Chevelle
GM, is thinking, "We have a $75k Camaro that's in such high demand it's sold out, a C7 Corvette that's selleing better than ever and a new, supercharged convertible Z06 that's been having our phones ringing off the hook for preorders. Uhhh, why do we need to listen to the consumer? We are doing everything right from a design standpoint."

Last edited by 214Chevelle; 05-03-2014 at 03:18 PM.
214Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #84
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
GM, is thinking we have a $75k Camaro that's in such high demand it's sold out, a C7 Corvette that's selleing better than ever and a new, supercharged convertible Z06 that's been having our phones ringing off the hook for preorders. Uhhh, why do we need to listen to the consumer? We are doing everything right from a design standpoint.
It's because they ARE listening to the consumer, that is what is making those cars a success..