Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #15
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
When I first got a gen 5 I had a really hard time adjusting to the lack of visibility. I'm used to it now but that doesn't mean it's not real. Backing out of anywhere is ridiculous if there is even a sedan parked on either side of the car. I don't see why you are so upset that people point this out in reviews OP. It's something people who are interested should know about. It didn't stop me from buying a second Gen 5 nor will it stop me from getting a gen 6 but just cause I'm used to it and am willing to trade some visibility for bad assery doesn't mean the visibility is good. It's not. I don't now why some people feel it's necessary to defend every single aspect of this car. It's not perfect. Doesn't mean it's not a great car.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:22 AM   #16
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
More and more modern vehicles are having visibility issues..for a number of factors.

Some aspects of the Camaro's visibility are improved from the 5th Gen, out the front and the front quarter views, for example. It's dramatically worse in other aspects, such as rearward and out the rear quarters...

It's a mixed bag, as all the commenters have said. I've yet to see them go on for "five minutes" like your hyperbolic statement said.

The Camaro's visibility is livable, but it is not ideal or optimal. For some people it's okay, for others it's a game-over..but that's why there are other cars on the market.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #17
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Well your opinion is different than others that's the way the world works. I owned a 13 ZL1 for 2 years, and the more I drove it the more I hated sitting in a hole looking up out the windows(felt like a cave}. Backing out of a busy quickmart was impossible. Me and the wife like to road trip and the visibility is lacking. sold the car.....So I appreciate the people who review these cars to point out the good with the bad.....
Dont ever pull into a parking spot. Always combat park and it's MUCH MUCH MUCH easier.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #18
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Most of us adopt to it already. The backup camera and collision/blind spot assistance on the 16th really helps. Not sure why they did not include the intelligent front brake assist that is now available.
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #19
Quiksilver16ss

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Anyone have visibility issues needs to get the convertible and keep it down!
Quiksilver16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #20
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Where I live, we have ALOT of tight 4 way intersections with lights....when you pull up to the cross-walk, in my 2012, there is no way that you can see the light....until you lean over towards the passenger seat, or bury your head into the windshield and look up!

I'm sorry, but it wouldn't have taken much to design in a little better visibility, without destroying the "Look"...this was another "Drop The Ball Issue" on GM's part!

Hopefully the 2016 is better!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:53 AM   #21
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Lol...gotta love it! Ever drive a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Viper, Aston Martin, Saleen etc. etc.? Every one of these makes the Camaro feel like a greenhouse from the drivers seat. Ever read a review on any of these cars where the near total lack of outward visibility was more than a casual mention? That's my point. The lack of visibility is only mentioned in passing because the car's emphasis is not on how big the glass surface area is, it's on performance and asthetics.

Now, before I get piled on for comparing the Camaro to all those exotics, that's not the point. The point is that the reviewers of those types of cars forgive the lack of visibility because of the intended focus of the car, namely performance! I would think the reviewers of the Camaro and other performance focused cars could apply a bit of the same logic.

If you're arguing that the Camaro has terrible visibility but you bought one anyway, your making my point for me! 😉
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #22
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Agree completely! I only have 1 visibility issue. Seeing stoplights when I'm first in line. I really do have to lean forward/tilt my head to see up. Besides that it doesn't feel any different than most "sports" cars.

Had some nice weather recently and resting my arm on the top of the door isn't even bad - yes, it's higher than most cars but, it's totally doable for this average 6' man.

Another thing that was annoying. In almost every review they had to mention the air vents. Unique yes. Revolutionary.....?
Old 04-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #23
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
I have a 67 Camaro, the only difference is the roof hight, I actually like the way I feel in my 16 , it is really hard to see out the back but who really cares that much , how much time do we really spend going backwards (Backup Cam) do find it uncomfortable at times sitting at a light if I'm first in line but I agree it's really alot of BS Drama , I like the trade off much more than not . But that is my opinion, also hot rods are better looking with a low roof, check out Sledgehammer on you tube he has a great video on visibility in the 16 camaro.
camaro1&6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #24
crabman

Drives: Sniffin the tree.
I liked the trans roof in my Vettes just for the ability to see traffic lights. On my Z06 if I was the first car at a light there was occasionally no way to see the light at all so I would simply wait for when I knew my light should be going green and then the car behind me to honk their horn.

That said... In my mind buggering an 8 year old boy is not quite so bad as buggering a 7 year old boy but neither is good. The visibility out of this car is not good and that something else is worse does not make it good. You know when buying a car like this that visibility wont be good and I'm not going to knock it for something that cant entirely be avoided. On the other hands there are things like the double malignancies over the instruments that IMO shouldn't have happened. They serve no master and are detrimental to an already compromised outward visibility. I'm tall so they don't hurt my view so much but Mrs Crab hates, hates, hates em.
crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #25
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
For me the biggest issue is backing out.. That really small blind spot when you look behind you is a pain in butt. Thankfully we do have the sensors.. That spot is dangerous... I just now can't figure out if I like the mirrors going down when i reverse lol.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:25 AM   #26
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiksilver16ss View Post
Anyone have visibility issues needs to get the convertible and keep it down!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #27
bigdonut

Drives: Nothing
Many people still DON'T know how to set up their mirrors. If a car leaves your rear view mirror, it should begin to appear in either mirror; all mirrors should be connected when it comes to their field of view. When you're sitting down, your side mirrors are not supposed to see the car.
bigdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #28
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonut View Post
Many people still DON'T know how to set up their mirrors. If a car leaves your rear view mirror, it should begin to appear in either mirror; all mirrors should be connected when it comes to their field of view. When you're sitting down, your side mirrors are not supposed to see the car.
+1000

These people should try driving a truck where the only glass you have is a windshield, and two door glass.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote