Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #29
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
I have a factory GM cover for my 4th gen, works fine in my garage. Could also look into California Car Covers. I know they make some with nice padded linings on the inside. I would say that you could leave the wheels/tires on the car in the cold weather as long as the weight of the vehicle isnt on them. I also put my car on jack stands for the winter so as not to flat spot my Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's, and flat spot they will in the cold. I put a battery tender on mine for the winter, but since you wouldnt have electricity, I say pull out the battery and take it home to a battery tender. I also put a container or two of baking soda in the passenger compartment/trunk to keep any potential mold/mildew odors from getting into the car. I run my car down to the local gas station and fill up the tank, while adding Stabil to the tank. This way its well mixed during fill up and on the drive home it can get into the fuel system.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:11 AM   #30
Russm

Drives: 1SS 1LE Black, Mazsaspeed 3 Silve
Great input, thanks so much, I am a transplanted Floridian and never had to think of this stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaperSS View Post
I have a factory GM cover for my 4th gen, works fine in my garage. Could also look into California Car Covers. I know they make some with nice padded linings on the inside. I would say that you could leave the wheels/tires on the car in the cold weather as long as the weight of the vehicle isnt on them. I also put my car on jack stands for the winter so as not to flat spot my Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's, and flat spot they will in the cold. I put a battery tender on mine for the winter, but since you wouldnt have electricity, I say pull out the battery and take it home to a battery tender. I also put a container or two of baking soda in the passenger compartment/trunk to keep any potential mold/mildew odors from getting into the car. I run my car down to the local gas station and fill up the tank, while adding Stabil to the tank. This way its well mixed during fill up and on the drive home it can get into the fuel system.
Russm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:12 AM   #31
Russm

NP, at your convenience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsinternet1le View Post
Sorry been busy ill get one sat am. Yes i can use pay pal..update i got called out of town for work till thursday.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:48 AM   #32
Russm

Looks like the problem is solved, Nice gentleman coming over Friday to purchase car, she wont have to live in Cold Wisconsin after all!
Old 09-27-2017, 09:44 PM   #33
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Thats unfortunate.....
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote