#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #1
Russm

Drives: 1SS 1LE Black, Mazsaspeed 3 Silve
1 LE Car Cover- Winter Storage

Good day,
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a quality car cover for a black 1LE. Seems like you only have to look at the paint wrong and it scratches or swirls. I am going to put the car in storage over the winter and I want it covered for the 4-5 months.
Never stored a car before, will I need a battery booster to start it or should I drop by monthly and run the engine for a while.
Also, will it hurt the Goodyear's to not be in a heated environment, (probably have 3-6 days of -20 F here in WI over the winter and probably not get over freezing a dozen times in 4 months.
I can get an individual new UN-heated storage unit for $115 a month or put it into a heated warehouse for $125 parked among 300+ cars with the vendor having me sign off to "NO Responsibility" for "ANY damages" that happen over the 4-5 month time, and they have the right to move the car around "when needed" for the duration?
I hope some of you will have some input please.
Thank you
Russm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
V1LE8R

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I have a Dustop from Covercraft. Really like the quality and works fantastic. Fits great too. Only bad thing is it only comes in an ugly beige color, but other than that it's great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
Franko07

Drives: 17 white 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1LE8R View Post
I have a Dustop from Covercraft. Really like the quality and works fantastic. Fits great too. Only bad thing is it only comes in an ugly beige color, but other than that it's great.

x2 really like it.
Franko07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #4
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
+3 on Dustop...really nice fit....no damage to paint....
Old 09-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #5
ichriscamaro
BlueDiamond

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE RRM
I would not leave it in the warehouse, who knows it may even get moved outside at times anyways, not to mention people are careless.
I have a 15 1le and yes those goodyears are not meant for the winter and very sensitive to cold weather. however, not a 100% sure, but I believe as long as the car is not driven tires should hold up fine in freezing temperatures inside an un-heated garage but don't quote me on that, maybe someone else can chime in on that.
Good luck bud!
ichriscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #6
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russm View Post
Good day,
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a quality car cover for a black 1LE. Seems like you only have to look at the paint wrong and it scratches or swirls. I am going to put the car in storage over the winter and I want it covered for the 4-5 months.
Never stored a car before, will I need a battery booster to start it or should I drop by monthly and run the engine for a while.
Also, will it hurt the Goodyear's to not be in a heated environment, (probably have 3-6 days of -20 F here in WI over the winter and probably not get over freezing a dozen times in 4 months.
I can get an individual new UN-heated storage unit for $115 a month or put it into a heated warehouse for $125 parked among 300+ cars with the vendor having me sign off to "NO Responsibility" for "ANY damages" that happen over the 4-5 month time, and they have the right to move the car around "when needed" for the duration?
I hope some of you will have some input please.
Thank you
Yes it absolutely can hurt the goodyears to be exposed to that kind of cold even for short periods of time. My best suggestion would be get some quality jack stands and store the car on those and find a nice cozy corner in your house to store the tires, or get some cheap wheels/tires to put on while in storage.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #7
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
Battery tender - yes.

Indoor storage - check for soft cover, Chevy sells both indoor and outdoor.

Tires - uh oh! Supposedly DRIVING on the cold tires causes cracks but your case is a looong period of below recommended temps. Maybe find some cheap wheels and tires just for storage that will clear the brakes.

I wouldn't sign off on "no liability whatsoever," that doesn't sound like a reasonable contract.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #8
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
I have a factory outdoor cover in red.. $125 plus shipping if you want it.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #9
Russm

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1LE8R View Post

Thank You, greatly appreciate the info!
Old 09-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #10
Russm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko07 View Post
x2 really like it.
Great to have multiple recommendation, Thank You
Old 09-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #11
Russm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
+3 on Dustop...really nice fit....no damage to paint....
Great to have multiple recommendation, Thank You as well
Old 09-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #12
Russm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichriscamaro View Post
I would not leave it in the warehouse, who knows it may even get moved outside at times anyways, not to mention people are careless.
I have a 15 1le and yes those goodyears are not meant for the winter and very sensitive to cold weather. however, not a 100% sure, but I believe as long as the car is not driven tires should hold up fine in freezing temperatures inside an un-heated garage but don't quote me on that, maybe someone else can chime in on that.
Good luck bud!
Thank You, need all the luck I can get these days.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #13
Russm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Yes it absolutely can hurt the goodyears to be exposed to that kind of cold even for short periods of time. My best suggestion would be get some quality jack stands and store the car on those and find a nice cozy corner in your house to store the tires, or get some cheap wheels/tires to put on while in storage.
Great idea, hadn't thought of that, easy enough to do, already have the stands, just need to get 4 jack pads. Thank You Much!
Old 09-20-2017, 06:36 PM   #14
Russm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsinternet1le View Post
I have a factory outdoor cover in red.. $125 plus shipping if you want it.
how is the interior of the cover, is it going to be paint friendly, my zip is 53168, please let me know what the shipping would be please?
Thank You