Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #337
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post
Someone just got my attention at a light and said "Hey man that's a nice car how much something like that set you back?' I said about 30 he said "Man that's a sick ride"

that's never happened to me before
Lol, it happened a lot more back in 2009-2011. I would get stares, compliments and questions left and right. Now I just get quick glances and compliments here and there.
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #338
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by salva View Post
My v6 brings shame to my family
If you go to the penalty box you will feel shame as well

Last edited by rontammy0; 10-04-2014 at 01:13 AM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #339
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Trade in urs for a V8 Ls3 and feed them ramen noodles, hot dogs, peanut bjtter and jelly sandwiches, and off brand corn flakes. They will thank you for it
Heck, even the food items you suggested aint cheap anymore!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #340
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I disagree. When I purchased mine (no test drive), I thought it would blow me away and it did not. Keep in mind Im use to driving a 09 Z06, and came out of a 05 cammed bolt on 6 speed gto, followed by a cts-v (2004). To me those were bragging rights fast, I did nkt test drive the Camaro because I figured with the Ls3 it would be very close performsnce wise to those in stock form. On the third day of ownership (i paid for mine in full), i thkught very hard about selling it and my buddy who works with me (this was in Ohio) told me to just make it fast (he is on here too and has an '11 L99).

Shit i even got on him about how can he be satisfied with it being stock and told him his was even slower than mine lol. Long story short i dropped about 4k into it for a big cam, and full longtube catless headers and 3" exhaust along with a tune. I am content for now but not omg jaw dropping impressed. This is just my .02 really, where in that regard I do agree with the ss is not all that fast. My next goal is f.i or I will sell it and get a new 5.0 and do full bolt ons and be fast. Im back in Texas again so no Ohio cold winters or snow, the fun will begin soon.
Look out for some used GT 500's I know 5.0 is fast but if you can swing a 13 GT 500 go for it.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #341
notmidlife

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
A lot of interesting opinions in this thread and a great deal of respect shown while these different ideas are presented. I've had the chance to drive three of the 4 Camaros in stock form, ( still waiting to try a Z28) and would like to offer my humble opinions.

I own a v6 and think it is borderline underpowered in stock form. Please don't get me wrong, love my car and all it has to offer. Looks great, handles well, affordable to own and fuel efficient as a commuter car. Power is on par with most other v6 cars but much cooler to drive. This car does look faster than it is ! Is it all show and no go?, not quite but nothing exceptional. By today's standards this is NOT a fast car.

The SS which seems to yield so much power over the at times insecure v6 owners. The 400 + horsepower feels right for the car making it QUICK but not FAST. I mean absolutely no disrespect to any owners of this fine automobile but this is car has just barely over a hundred horse more than the v6 and is still only #3 out of a 4 horse stable.

It actually amazes me sometimes on this site when SS guys beat on the v6 guys when they are much closer in horsepower and price to them then the 580 hp version of our car. Being a larger dog does not make you the big one. The real big dogs on this site seem to be humble

ZL1- This is one fine automobile and deserves the name muscle car because this is a FAST car ! This car actually is faster than it looks.

I don't wish to hurt any feelings and for all the hardcore Gear Heads , my opinions are based on STOCK versions of our cars. Don't wish to hurt any feelings or take this Dr.Phil show and turn it into Jerry Springer.

Great day outside today, I'm going to go burn some gas. Peace.
notmidlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #342
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmidlife View Post
A lot of interesting opinions in this thread and a great deal of respect shown while these different ideas are presented. I've had the chance to drive three of the 4 Camaros in stock form, ( still waiting to try a Z28) and would like to offer my humble opinions.

I own a v6 and think it is borderline underpowered in stock form. Please don't get me wrong, love my car and all it has to offer. Looks great, handles well, affordable to own and fuel efficient as a commuter car. Power is on par with most other v6 cars but much cooler to drive. This car does look faster than it is ! Is it all show and no go?, not quite but nothing exceptional. By today's standards this is NOT a fast car.

The SS which seems to yield so much power over the at times insecure v6 owners. The 400 + horsepower feels right for the car making it QUICK but not FAST. I mean absolutely no disrespect to any owners of this fine automobile but this is car has just barely over a hundred horse more than the v6 and is still only #3 out of a 4 horse stable.

It actually amazes me sometimes on this site when SS guys beat on the v6 guys when they are much closer in horsepower and price to them then the 580 hp version of our car. Being a larger dog does not make you the big one. The real big dogs on this site seem to be humble

ZL1- This is one fine automobile and deserves the name muscle car because this is a FAST car ! This car actually is faster than it looks.

I don't wish to hurt any feelings and for all the hardcore Gear Heads , my opinions are based on STOCK versions of our cars. Don't wish to hurt any feelings or take this Dr.Phil show and turn it into Jerry Springer.

I dont disagree, I had a 2011 SS l99 modded out and it still felt slow. If these cars didnt weigh almost 2 tons, then it would be a whole diff game obviously.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #343
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
The tech in todays cars takes away from the feel of the car....you dont have the violent launches with the car all over the place like you used to. Camaros are very stable and predictable. That predictability takes away from the sense of speed....imo.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #344
sprayedv

Drives: 2012 CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS
ZL1s are so fail. GT500 murders them in every single aspect.

2012 CTS-V: Cosmetic Chute.
sprayedv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #345
Pathogen

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayedv View Post
ZL1s are so fail. GT500 murders them in every single aspect.
Ok, now that you have insulted pretty much everyone's car on here, why not stop posting your elitist know-it-all opinions. You sound arrogant and you bring nothing constructive to this thread.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #346
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen View Post
Ok, now that you have insulted pretty much everyone's car on here, why not stop posting your elitist know-it-all opinions. You sound arrogant and you bring nothing constructive to this thread.
He is a 14 yr old troll. Just ignore him.

Last edited by Drumminxx; 09-21-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Drumminxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #347
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmidlife View Post

Nice breakdown.. I am probably going Corvette if the 6th gen doesnt make me NEED to have it.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #348
sprayedv

Drives: 2012 CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen View Post
How am I being elitist? I own a 5th gen but I also know what the pros and cons are of the car. I don't see everything blindly like most here do.

2012 CTS-V: Cosmetic Chute.
sprayedv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #349
Pathogen

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Being elitist by shitting on every model. Fast is subjective, but when you start insulting the cars that everyone here works their asses off to afford, it comes across less than friendly. Keep the negativity to yourself.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #350
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
I'm all about looks anyway, if your camaro has tasteful exterior mods and wheels etc, I could care less what engine or transmission it has. Call me shallow, but don't call me late for dinner...
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote