Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #71
chris jd
chris jd

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT w/ RS - 6 Speed
I mean, you would really have to be in the police car to know if it was actually safe enough to come after you. I am an EMT and I know that red lights do not always get people to pull over, and I do not assume that it does. Lights and sirens do not create a right of way, they merely request it.

Therefore, if the officer in subject turned on their lights, believed that they were acknowledged after requesting the right of way, and believed it was safe to proceed on the shoulder, than I see no wrong. Sorry about your ticket, I specifically made sure I asked my tinter not to give me anything else that would attract cops to pulling me over. You should do the same.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #72
Mancha87

Drives: 86 Camaro Iroc-z/87 Trans Am GTA

3 pages of this? I stopped midway through page 2....SMH

Your argument is that the cop put a ton of ppl in danger to simply give you a window tint ticket, if you really feel so strongly about this go file a formal complaint & be done with it.

All these cars have dashcams, they will review the tape & determine rather or not he did something wrong....

Your argument is very hypocritical, the cop put civilians in danger, but from another perspective so did you by driving around with a tinted windshield & illegal lvls of tint on the door glass. How in the hell do you see at nite with tint on the windshield?! When I see crap like that I think to myself "That dude needs to get his butt whipped for that crap." Its just flat-out dangerous & selfish....

The cop probably thought the same thing & decided to take care of you & your silly tint NOW, before you kill someone/yourself for the ridiculous windshield tint....

Trust me the cop probably did not feel like making a traffic stop for something as silly as that either, but its a job and someone has to do it, probably felt like he was baby-sitting. Adults should know better then to do stuff like tint their windshield, if it was like that when you go it, you should have had removed. Point blank.

my .02cents

Koni Yellow Shocks& Struts|UMI Rotojoint LCA's|UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar|17" Chrome Iroc Wheels|Bridgestone Potenza 245/45/17|Black Diamond Effect Paint|Pioneer Head Unit|Rockford Fosgate Amp|
Old 08-08-2014, 08:04 PM   #73
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i dont understand this thread to be honest. if you do anything beyond what is legal and you know it, then how can a person complain? if you do 70 and get a ticket in 55 speed zone, then that ticket is earned.
the OP interpretation and criticizm of how the cop responded is unfounded and silly. most cops operate in a safe and prudent manner at the time.
to make this thread about a cops driving skills is silly. this is about the OP griping cause he got a ticket for too much tint. lets move on.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #74
DriftinSSRS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS
Angry that's too bad....

Tinted windshield......Ridiculous. You got caught, your pissed off that you got caught, you're trying to deflect the blame to a police officer doing his job. You don't seem to be garnering a lot of sympathy here 😭. You may be feeling a little embarrassed so you're lashing out in a public forum against the police officer because in your judgement the officer went out of his way and put the public at risk just to give you a ticket for tint. I'll trust the judgement of the highly trained law enforcement professional. 👍
Old 08-09-2014, 12:18 AM   #75
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
Plain and simple. If you do something wrong or illegal. There is a chance of getting in trouble for your actions. I have tints on my car and if I get a ticket I will own up to it because I know it is illegal. If you dont like how you got in trouble then dont do anything illegal. I know we are all suppose to be nice to each other on our own forums but its common sense. If you dont want any trouble dont go out looking for it and dont make yourself stand out.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #76
RJT RS

Drives: 11 RJT 2LT/RS
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I don't buy it. I think you looking for an excuse to be mad about the ticket. I doubt your that concerned about what a cop does or doesn't do in his car. if you were so concerned about pedestrian safety you wouldn't have your windows illegally tinted anyways as it impairs you vision at night.
I think some of you are oblivious to the fact some LEO's will do stupid sh*t.

The OP said he bought the car that way. His join date is 8/12. I'm going to assume he's been driving it for 2 years and this is the first time he's been "called" on his tint. He got a $42 ticket. IT DOESN'T go on your driving record where I live. Me thinks he sends in $42 and keeps the tint. That's how "worried" he sounds about the fine.

Last edited by RJT RS; 08-09-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #77
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
lmfao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
I sing the song of Baretta.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #78
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
I find it odd that someone installs something that is deemed unsafe on their vehicle (and common sense alone says it is unsafe), and then they complain that the enforcement of the safety law is "unsafe." If so concerned over the safety of others, why create a situation that is the root cause to the entire situation to begin with?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

Old 08-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #79
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Oh he only drove on the sidewalk? I thought you were going to say something juicy like he beat you with his baton for doing absolutely nothing. This thread sucks.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #80
notmidlife

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Has anyone on here ever taught pedestrian/traffic safety to a child ?

We teach children to stop look both ways/ all ways, and in the event there is a stopped car, make sure the driver can see you by looking at his face. Make sure that he can see you (indicated by his head pointed in your direction) and then cross the street.

If you are so concerned with the safety of the children, then remove the tint from your windshield or stay the hell out of school zones or any other places children may come in contact with your car. The fact that the fine is only $ 42 is the joke in this thread. The LEO did his job.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #81
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK

RotoFab CAI - VMaxx Ported TB - Apex Catch Can - CFD Shifter - Choppers Inc Loaded Dice Shift Knob
Old 08-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #82
RedHotRuby

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
Based on some of the responses, you folks must never take your car out of third gear.
^
Old 08-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #83
RedHotRuby

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS LFX
Tinting the windshield would get me pulled over every single day in NY. The LED lights and the side and back tint already bring me unwanted stares by ticket hounds. Thankfully, EVERYBODY has tints in NY but the windshield? Bad move, that's like dangling rotten chicken in front of a croc and expecting him to ignore it. Pulling you over most likely felt great because it was like a glaring middle finger. lol

Your argument is a funny one (cop put people in danger) but you're ignoring the fact that you kinda made him do that. Copper still shouldn't have wasted his time but it seems like he took offense at you driving like that in a school zone. I say **** it, taking it off and throwing it back on is cheaper than the ticket. Which you'll probably do. Good luck in the future but I see this happening again.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:14 PM   #84
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Window tint ticket

To be fair, I have 70 crystalline tint on my front windshield. It is barely noticeable. But the car is black on black and has side 35 tints.

RotoFab CAI - VMaxx Ported TB - Apex Catch Can - CFD Shifter - Choppers Inc Loaded Dice Shift Knob

Last edited by ratfinkharley; 08-09-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Closed Thread