Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
HotelCali
Banned

Drives: 2013 RS
What do you think is going to be my outcome..

Hello everyone, I have a serious matter to discuss with you guys. Alright, so I'm 20 and I bought my first car beginning of March which was as you can guess a camaro. When I was car shopping I was anxious didn't look around and shopped very well for a car. I live in bronx New York and I bought my camaro from new rochelle chevrolet certified preowned. I bought a 2012 camaro with 7k miles when I Got it, with 2 previous owners. So last week I was driving to go see some girls and I pulled up to a stoplight my friend was following behind me in a Mercedes Benz c300. At the stop light I looked back and didn't see him so I never pulled off Right away as I usually do when the light turns green. I didn't see my friend behind me so I started to accelerate slowly and was going around 5-15 mph. I didn't hear any snapping or breaking noises and next thing I noticed was I was lodged onto the train pole..I panicked and started shifting gears and moving the steering wheel but the car was not moving...I got out the car and circled the car out of dizziness out of disbelief I was just walking around. I looked at the front passenger wheel And my ss rims were cracked 360 degrees and the wheel is lodged back into the fender... A lot of people came up to me and started asking what happen to me, everyone couldn't believe I got in an accident going 10 mph. People started inspecting the car and was saying that it's a factory defect. When you look behind the rims the lower control arm was snapped and suspension broken and so is the steering wheel dislocated. I filed a product allegation case due to people saying something failed and was waiting to happen. I was 2 minutes away from heading on the highway people said I could of been dead. I towed it back to Chevy they said it was nothing they have not seen before nor do they know what happened...gm sent someone from Raytheon to come inspect the car and send the pics back to them. However, I feel gm is gonna find some way to not take responsibity or whatever happened. But I could of lost my life.
Attached Images

Last edited by HotelCali; 08-03-2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Better explanation
HotelCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
HotelCali
Banned

Another
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
HotelCali
Banned

Honestly I'm not blaming gm I just want some clarification as to what happened cause no one can seem to tell me. Has anyone seen something or has something like this happened to anyone. I'm not looking for them to give me a billion dollars just want a new camaro or a reimbursement because Everytime I go to the dealership I'm being told it's impossible or what not
Old 08-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I can't even tell what you're trying to explain to me...lodged into the train pole? What does that mean?

I'm sorry but your explanation is baffling and extremely difficult to read. What I get from it is that it seems that something broke and it made you crash, according to people standing around that looked at the car.

That's possible, but realistically, what the F do those people standing around know about any damned thing, let alone why cars break? They are guessing, and while they may be right, they would be right by playing the odds, not by any sort of knowledge. Just what is the "it" they say is a factory defect?

Unless you could give us some kind of detail on what failed on the car...we'd be guessing too. I can surmise some things from the photo, but I can't tell if they happened before the crash or during.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
HotelCali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I can't even tell what you're trying to explain to me...lodged into the train pole? What does that mean?

I'm sorry but your explanation is baffling and extremely difficult to read. What I get from it is that it seems that something broke and it made you crash, according to people standing around that looked at the car.

That's possible, but realistically, what the F do those people standing around know about any damned thing, let alone why cars break? They are guessing, and while they may be right, they would be right by playing the odds, not by any sort of knowledge. Just what is the "it" they say is a factory defect?

Unless you could give us some kind of detail on what failed on the car...we'd be guessing too. I can surmise some things from the photo, but I can't tell if they happened before the crash or during.
Sorry, just nervous talking about it. They are saying that the lower control arm gave out, as in it seems it was a problem waiting to happen the front suspension cannot move as it is badly damaged and the steering wheel not working.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Probably a tie rod from hitting something.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
HotelCali
Banned

I didn't hit anything I was on a straight path, I hit something after it snapped
Old 08-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
notmidlife

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Bad tie rod end ? The part could have been worn out/partially broken before. Tie rod ends can and will fail at low speed. Post better pics of the underside if you would like a better opinion.
notmidlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #9
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotelCali View Post
Honestly I'm not blaming gm I just want some clarification as to what happened cause no one can seem to tell me. Has anyone seen something or has something like this happened to anyone. I'm not looking for them to give me a billion dollars just want a new camaro or a reimbursement because Everytime I go to the dealership I'm being told it's impossible or what not
You not going to get a new Camaro or a reimbursement for it from the dealer. Looks like you hit some thing. If you hit some thing and the damage is over 70% your insurance company may total it out.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #10
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
notice how everything is always someone else's fault ?
How can someone hit a pole without hitting a curb first or concrete pole support ?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #11
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Old 08-06-2014, 01:25 AM   #12
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i think he meant that the car vered into a train pole. as in he was driving straight and something broke and caused the car to hit the pole.
Im thinking that since your the 3rd owner that the car had been in a accident and the lower control arm was cracked but who ever did the repairs did not notice it and it finally gave out.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:07 AM   #13
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
This story is eerily similar to the knee hit key fob and caused accident thread. Sort of a what came first,,, the chicken or the egg scenario. What do I think? I don't have the first damn clue. But if GM rep does look at it and determines that at some point in the life of the car that it had been exposed to a serious enough hit to result in a delayed failure of a major steering and or suspension component, the next step will be to determine at what point it occurred. An old fracture will show signs of dirt and or external element intrusion, if they even decide to inspect it that closely. So before I go and offend anyone with any further speculation, I'm bailing out of this one and will spectate from the sidelines.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #14
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
notice how everything is always someone else's fault ?
How can someone hit a pole without hitting a curb first or concrete pole support ?
Here is a pole on my block, do you see a curb or a concrete support? Maybe this is the only pole in the US like this, uh no!

I

Last edited by nyrfan; 08-06-2014 at 08:37 AM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote