Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
M Miller69

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Adams Waxs/polishes Whats the hype?

I been on the site a while now and was wondering about the Adams cleaning and detailing product. There is no one in my area selling the stuff and only heard of them on Camaro5. What sets there products apart from any of the others Mothers,Mequiars,ect..? I am always up for putting some good products on my shelf, and see they offer alot of items. Would like some feedback on there products. And what products you would recommend if any.
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
They work. Great customer service. They even have how to videos on there website. Adamspolishes.com. Plus there products are made in the USA.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Just put in another big order today. Four gallons of assorted goodies for my cars. Love the products and service is the best.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Sometimes it's okay to believe the hype. This is one of those times.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFury View Post
Sometimes it's okay to believe the hype. This is one of those times.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
mtbikerinme83

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3-M6
I took a small sip of the Kool-aid and now I'm addicted to the stuff. I started with just their leather cleaner and leather conditioner, which worked far better than anything else I've found, Then I tried their VRT (vinyl, rubber, tire) and that worked awesome on my tires and the plastic on the rear valance and grill. I just used the stuff to fix a friends flat black stripes on he Charger that were all faded and grey. They have great products and their training videos are awsome too. If you buy their stuff, use Camaro5 as a coupon code to save 10%.

Previously:
2010 IBM 2SS LS3-M6
CAI intake with JRE race scoop, VMax TB, Solo HF Catted Mid pipes, and JRE SCT tune
mtbikerinme83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
I took a small sip of the Kool-aid
Oh no you didn't drink the Undercarraige Spray did you? It tastes ah smells just like grape koolaid.

Was a Zaino and Megs fan. A buddy let me try some of the detail spray awhile back and was hooked ever after. Love Adam's products and customer service second to none. Results speak for themselves imho.
Attached Images

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
I started with premium kit and now I'm almost done with interior clean, and I have some extras and gallons. It's a never ending addiction

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File
JorgeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I was looking at some of their starter kits and it is rediculous amount of money. I think I am going to stick with McGuirers.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #10
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Let me put it this way. My wife this morning backed her Traverse into our mailbox. Bent the mailbox door and scratched the SUV on the passenger rear corner about 5 inches long. Nasty scuff but not through the paint. The only products to ever be applied to this vehicle or my SS is Adams.

When she got home from work i waterless washed the area and wiped it down ,whipped out my PC. Threw on the green pad and applied severe swirl and haze remover. set it to 5k and ran that over the scuff , scratches until satisfied. Threw on my orange pad and applied swirl and haze remover and set it to 4 and pressed it down to only orbit, not actually really rotate until satisfied. Then tossed on my white pad and some fine machine metal polish and finished it off. Then simply waxed it.

15 minutes later. I can't even tell there was a mark on the vehicle. PERFECT.. ADAMS FTW.

People are constantly amazed that my cars are daily drivers and look the way they do. Nothing but Adams will ever touch my cars.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #11
japitzer

Drives: 2016 Red hot Camaro, miss my 2012
They are great, wont buy anything else
japitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I was looking at some of their starter kits and it is rediculous amount of money. I think I am going to stick with McGuirers.
start with a few of the items and work your way into to others. I started with some polish and wax... now I have a freakin garage full of their products. And why do I have so much, because they work. When they say "so easy an idiot can do it", they were talking about me. :( But I will tell you that when my car is detailed out, it looks damn good.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #13
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Start like the rest of us. A little of this and a little of that as the budget allows. I would start with the tire care kit of APC and VRT. Grit guards in HD buckets with the Adams wash pads & GW drying towels to hold down new dmage to paint (swrils).

Then maybe later move on to the paint correction with pads, PC etc...

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/co...ales/16950.htm

Last edited by Stex; 04-06-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #14
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Miller69 View Post
I been on the site a while now and was wondering about the Adams cleaning and detailing product. There is no one in my area selling the stuff and only heard of them on Camaro5. What sets there products apart from any of the others Mothers,Mequiars,ect..? I am always up for putting some good products on my shelf, and see they offer alot of items. Would like some feedback on there products. And what products you would recommend if any.
APC, Super VRT, aplicator tire care/trim kit http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-510-a...rim-combo.aspx
grit guard
Great white towels
Wash pads..some for top part of car and some for bottom
fender and boars brush
If paint correct needed, their system is easy and good
their car soap is good, I use perls
Machine wax and other wax are good, I just prefer the Z2 or 5
Leather products good..I just prefer the Z here too
Carpet cleaner is great
their appiicators are good
I now buy APC and detail spray by the gallon

Example of their product and instruction process: