Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
ProfArronax

Drives: 2015 2LT-RS AGM 6A
Send a message via Skype™ to ProfArronax
Exclamation Won't lock without [driver side] door slam.

My baby is having an ongoing, still unsolved problem. The computer thinks the door is open from time to time. When it thinks this, you cannot lock the door unless you open it and slam it. The dealership has replaced the BCM which didn't solve it. GM advised them to replace the door latch mechanism; that seemed to solve it for a few days. But it started doing the same thing this past week. The dealer said bring it back - when I drove into the service area it really put on a good show for the Service Writer/Adviser - - left the key in and got out and closed the door - ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding - key in/door open sensing with the door closed. Service Adviser reached in through the window and pulled the key out - ding stopped. Then he tried to lock the door - WRONG! Door lock cycle - just like the door was still open. Opened and slammed the door - lock works. What I think is wrong is a faulty connector or a wire issue (perhaps somewhere in the accordion the wires transition from the door to the body; or where the lock mechanism sensors link up with the BCM.) But it doesn't seem that they are going to be able to find it - they tried all day but could not duplicate the problem - which reappeared as soon as I picked it up and drove it elsewhere and tried to lock it. Once again - - re-open plus SLAM and the mechanism locks. Their "solution" before I left was to take the suggestion of one of their sales associates and (believe it or not) disable the lock out prevention in the user preferences menu. What kind of freakin' solution is that!!?? What a moron. What a pain in the ass. What a security hassle. Any ideas other that what I've cited? This baby isn't even a year old and this is not a good indication. What the heck is going to happen when it's 3 or 5 years old? Not a good sign at all.
e's just "stock" for the moment...
ProfArronax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
Doesn't sound like a wiring problem, IMHO, as slamming the door shouldn't affect the wiring. It sounds like your door isn't properly set in the opening. Your door seals aren't allowing the latch to fully engage the striker so the door closed switch isn't being made when you close the door with normal effort. When you slam the door, you are basically crushing the door seals to get the door latch to fully engage. To tell you how to fix it, I would have to see the door in the opening, how it matches up to all of the other panels and whether the door drops or jumps coming off the striker when you open it. It sounds like your dealership doesn't have anyone that specializes in door fits. I wouldn't let them touch the door as it's really easy to get it really out of whack. I would request some help from GM Regional through your dealership. They've had 2 shots at fixing it and nothing has been corrected. See if you can get a Body Shop Engineer to review the door fit. I'm not sure about MS law but 3 repairs for the same issue falls under Lemon Law usually.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
ProfArronax, have you contacted our Customer Assistance team in regards to this issue? They would be able to help you in working with your dealership to get this issue resolved. Also have you had your vehicle checked over by another dealer to see what they might have to say about the issue? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote