Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Lightbulb Few Days Into Ownership Conclusion - Too Many Whiners Out There!

I am happy to say, I am now officially and FINALLY a Camaro owner!

Some of you may have read my posts in the Dealer/Tracking section regarding my buying troubles.........ordered a car, waited 4 months expecting the car to be ready by the time I came back from an overseas trip, only to find that the order never left the dealership! Rather than wait for a new order, I chose a lot car closest to my liking within a reasonable radius, which by coincidence happened to be at that same dealership, and got it for $300 below MSRP.

2011 CGM 2SS RS L99 w/Sunroof and Black Stripes! (Filled with premium gas!)

I have to say I am quite impressed. Even in "stealthy" CGM, the car gets TONS of attention, especially from kids. Visibility is a non-issue. The exhaust is pretty loud for a stock system, and I LOVE the way she pops at startup. The interior is pretty cool, the materials are better than I thought they would be. And the car is FAST. And yes, my L99 SPUN ITS TIRES with barely over 100 miles on the odometer. The tapshifter is more or less instantaneous, and my car would not upshift on its own, it just redlines and stays there. HUD is cool. Ambeint lighting is cool. Everything is cool.

Which goes to say.....................

Dont pay too much attention to all those negative comments and criticisms aimed at the Camaro. At one point, I actually thought that my car would be SLOW and the blind spots would make it UNDRIVEABLE!Im now glad to say that it is very much neither. Unless most folks are accustomed to driving Bentleys and Ferraris, I think much of the criticism is undeserved. Dont pay attention to people taking this 2 ton GT around a go cart track in one freaking gear!

These are great cars. Good job Chevy.

Last edited by MG; 08-29-2010 at 08:21 AM.
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
totally agree!
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Congratulations on the new ride!
MG hit it on the head! The car gets lots of positive attention on the road. The Camaro is actually comfortable to drive on all sorts of roads. I don't race my car, so its nice that it is somewhat civilized. You do have to learn to love your mirrors in traffic cause that is one heck of a blind spot. I have experienced a few quality issues that I have come to expect in just about any new car...at least ones from GM. The Spoiler-paint chip issue presented itself and the passenger seat was broken in the first month I owned it. Overall, I am happy I went with the Chevy vs the other options.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Uncle Harvey

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
MG - you hit the nail on the head. There are so many complainers and negative people. They cant be satisfied with anything. I have a friend that wanted a Mustang. He did a lot of research and came to conclude that it was a piece of crap. I am sure it was a great car and he would have enjoyed it a a lot. But he passed. When I told him I was getting a Camaro, he went into a talk about the lack of visibility. I tried to explain that there are always compromises.

Guess what he bought.... A station wagon. Who do you think will enjoy their new car the most?
Uncle Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
S U P E R.

H A V E F U N.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
snowtrill

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6- Rogue
I came to the same conclusion a few days into driving Rogue. I don't have any complaints and my 5'6" daughter who rides in the passenger seat doesn't have any problems with visibility. The one who has visibility issues is my granddaughter when she is in the car seat but it is the same with the Mustang her parents used to have. We figured out if we play Margaritaville, she warbles from the back seat happy as a clam.

The coolest thing is this car just seems to generate experiences, no matter what we are doing.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
2 questions:
your order was screwed up and you only got 300 of MSRP on a lot car?????

and

you returned from overseas.....are you military???? if so, you should have gotten a lot more than 300 off MSRP with preferred pricing.
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
2 questions:
your order was screwed up and you only got 300 of MSRP on a lot car?????

and

you returned from overseas.....are you military???? if so, you should have gotten a lot more than 300 off MSRP with preferred pricing.
I know I could have gotten a better price elsewhere. I was supposed to pay $200 over invoice for the car I ordered. They offered me 2010's on the lot for just invoice. The thing is, this was the only car that suited me available in the area, so it took it for what I could get it for rather than wait for a new delivery. I just couldnt wait anymore.
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:49 AM   #9
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG View Post
I know I could have gotten a better price elsewhere. I was supposed to pay $200 over invoice for the car I ordered. They offered me 2010's on the lot for just invoice. The thing is, this was the only car that suited me available in the area, so it took it for what I could get it for rather than wait for a new delivery. I just couldnt wait anymore.
Good thing you did, you always would've wished you had gone with your first choice had you given in to the 2010. Enjoy!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Congratz and welcome to the club.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #11
mth35115

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss inferno orange
There is always someone who will say they got a better deal or their car is faster or gets better gas mileage or bla, bla, bla. But, what it boils down to is are you happy with your car, I smile every time I get in my camaro. Have fun with your camaro, and be happy.

HOT ROD SS
MTH35115
mth35115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #12
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
This is what happens when people take these car magazine reviews as gospel. These reviewer have the car for 1-2 weeks and think they are experts ???? I have had bigger blind spots in mini vans ! I remember the Pinto, this car was reviewed as the safest car being sold. It had seat belts, shock absorbing bumpers and an advanced fuel system ! Look what happened here !
Nothing beats trying it out and see for yourself on cosmetic issues. I love my Camaro and wouldn't trade it for a pinto.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #13
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'm to old to give a flying @##$%$#@#$#^&** what the nit pickers think!!!!! After awhile you always take the good and the bad as I have not had a car that is the be all to end all. Do you like the car above and beyond the few not so perfect aspects? If so "We have a winner" as the saying go's.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #14
BlackieRay

Drives: 2002 WS6
It's great to hear that you love the car. That's all that matters. It's the BEST looking of all the muscle cars, despite what anyone says.
BlackieRay is offline   Reply With Quote