#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #43
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
You know...and don't kill me for saying this....I think this car will cause some insecurity issues in a some sensitive Z/28 owners...It may not be as fast, but it's gonna be REAL close!

Also note - this car is not officially targeted at the GT350...Ford intended for that to be their "Z/28"...relatively different purposes: One is supposed to be a dedicated track car only; and the other is an affordable, albeit potent track-day toy.
As much as I would want to see this 1LE running on the heels of the Z/28, I think that's a lot to ask from it. It's down on power, grip, aero and probably braking. The lesser weight should help, but I don't think it will be that substantial.

I know the 1LE is not directly targeted at the GT350, but I feel they want the 1LE to address it. I think the GT350 puts GM in a tough spot. It's potential at that price point is pretty impressive. GM really can't address that head on. Using the 1LE, they can get close for less money, but it won't really be a direct competitor. And really, the only difference between the two is the 1LE get's the base V8 and the GT350 has a bespoken V8, which GM really doesn't do for the Camaro, let alone one starting in the $40-50k range. If they go the C7 Z06 route, and roll the ZL1 and Z/28 into one car, it basically leaves the GT350 unaddressed altogether. Sure, the LT4 Z** will be faster, but it should.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #44
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
As much as I would want to see this 1LE running on the heels of the Z/28, I think that's a lot to ask from it. It's down on power, grip, aero and probably braking. The lesser weight should help, but I don't think it will be that substantial.

I know the 1LE is not directly targeted at the GT350, but I feel they want the 1LE to address it. I think the GT350 puts GM in a tough spot. It's potential at that price point is pretty impressive. GM really can't address that head on. Using the 1LE, they can get close for less money, but it won't really be a direct competitor. And really, the only difference between the two is the 1LE get's the base V8 and the GT350 has a bespoken V8, which GM really doesn't do for the Camaro, let alone one starting in the $40-50k range. If they go the C7 Z06 route, and roll the ZL1 and Z/28 into one car, it basically leaves the GT350 unaddressed altogether. Sure, the LT4 Z** will be faster, but it should.
I think the next year or so is going to be incredibly interesting...and if the 1LE reveal is any indication....surprising.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #45
Disarmer

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
My only complaint is that from the small glimpses you can see so far, the suede looks horrid. Hopefully it's just from bad pictures!
Disarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #46
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarmer View Post
My only complaint is that from the small glimpses you can see so far, the suede looks horrid. Hopefully it's just from bad pictures!
What looks bad about it in pictures?

I can report from up close that it looks and feels identical in texture to the suede material offered on the 5th generation products.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:46 PM   #47

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
....MRC standard...lol....a few thoughts...

Perhaps I'm wrong, but having MRC standard, as great of an item as it appears to be, may not become as popular with guys who track as you may think. I anticipate more non 1LE SSs will be modified and upgraded for track use...I don't really understand all the features of MRC, but if it's so integrated that you would be foolish to remove it to install another set-up, then MRC may not be the first option, especially if it comes with a hefty price tag...

I can't really think of anyone who regularly tracks....5thGen 1LE or other, who has not switched things up, tried out different upgrade goodies, etc....Very rarely is it one and done....lol....Maybe if a lot of the "mystery" associated with MRC is cleared up and more become comfortable and knowledgeable about it, it may become the set-up of choice...

But if ever touching it, or swapping it out, or unable to put it back..lol....is off the table, it might not fly with track guys who like to do their own mods....Just a thought....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:12 PM   #48
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post

Gt350 seems like more of a separate model, but I have 0 doubts the 1le SS will handle a gt350 on a track.

GT is a great car, especially with a street price of 35k for a loaded one. But it's not in the same realm of performance as the SS.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #49
Disarmer

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
What looks bad about it in pictures?

I can report from up close that it looks and feels identical in texture to the suede material offered on the 5th generation products.
Honestly I don't even know what it is, but it just looks a little cheap and out of place. I'm sure it's just because there are no real pictures of it yet. I'll be looking forward to more interior shots!
Disarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #50
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
standard recaro seats. I know perfectly well why they are standard, just as a fat guy I know recaro's can be uncomfortable for commuting haha
This could be a deal breaker for me. I'm 6'7" and within 30 seconds of sitting in the gen 5 Recarro seats I could tell the thigh support was too tight. But seeing as I'm outside of the 95th percentile, GM isn't going to care much about guys like me. Guess I could sell them, but it's a headache I didn't want to deal with.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:33 PM   #51
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
standard recaro seats. I know perfectly well why they are standard, just as a fat guy I know recaro's can be uncomfortable for commuting haha
I lost 70 lbs on Atkins, you can do it! Reward yourself with the 1LE
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:00 PM   #52
BumpinBlueSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
My only complaint is that I'm now obsessed with the gen 6 1LE!!!
HAHA! I'm right there with you buddy!
BumpinBlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #53
BumpinBlueSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I would prefer if MRC were optional, but if the price isn't over $5K for the package, I may change my mind on that.
BumpinBlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #54
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
I don't get it...ONLY available V8 is a 1SS?

2103 1LE 2SS outsold 1SS by 3 to 1 (1413 2SS 413 1SS)
2014 1LE 2SS 1792 units to 676 for 1SS or roughly 2.5 to 1 ratio..
2015?

I am no marketing guy...GM deletes the 2SS 1LE and ADDS a 1LT and 2LT?

WTF?

I see a Competition Orange track pack 350 GT in my future parked next to the 1LE.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:07 PM   #55
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
I lost 70 lbs on Atkins, you can do it! Reward yourself with the 1LE
Some of us have too much muscle for the seats too
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:13 PM   #56
four0nefive

Drives: Nothing Fast (Yet)
For those complaining the Z06 has an auto, but this doesn't, keep in mind this is a package, not a separate model, they don't have to appeal to everyone with this. A model is obviously much different as people have options to build their car how they want and it needs to cater to as many potential buyers as possible.
four0nefive is offline   Reply With Quote