Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #43
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
i don't think it's that odd.. when i bought my car the dealer put the temp sticker on the windshield, but i left the "dealer plate" (the paper thing the dealers put on) on my car until my plates came in and i never had a problem.
perhaps the cop didn't know your car was that new and since you didn't have the original "paper plates" or nothing at all he didn't know. Cops are def gunning for us, but i think he was legit in pulling you over.
LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #44
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
You should have gotten a ticket for wearing those shorts!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #45
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
You should have gotten a ticket for wearing those shorts!
good one!!!!!

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #46
ProfArronax

Drives: 2015 2LT-RS AGM 6A
Send a message via Skype™ to ProfArronax
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Kinda stupid, yeah, it's California so common sense doesn't apply, to have a windshield mount temp sticker in the first place. In any state, no rear plate = you getting pulled over, at least on a car.
It's the same way here in MS - - no nothing - tag or sticker; just a sales slip and title application in the glove box. A MS-HP car followed me for almost 15 miles, clicking his radar on and off every so often - riding my back bumper a day after I bought my baby, just waiting for me to go 1MPH over the 55MPH limit on that road. He should have gotten a ticket for following too close.
ProfArronax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #47
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
Cop must have been a Sooners fan. Nice car though
Attached Images

2011ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #48
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
You can count on that.
did even read the thread ?

huh?

in Ca where hes at, its quite different...
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #49
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Oooh boy, here we go...
Next RounD
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #50
Roddd 1SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I'll add to the madness. In California, the temp tag can be placed on either the windshield or rear window. A cop won't be able to see it in the front from the rear, but the majority of cars have tinted rear windows which would render the temp tag invisible, hence allowing two separate mounting locations.

You'd be surprised how many arrests come from "fishing." People under the influence of meth don't exactly walk around wearing signs, cops have to search for them. I can't count how many people pulled over for what some may see as "BS reasons" are felons in possession of firearms, parolees-at-large or simply high as a kite. These aren't exactly the people you want cruising around the streets your wife and children do. You didn't get busted, no harm no foul. Trust me, I know it sucks being pulled over. I don't cite for tinted windows or no front plates, but I'll certainly pull you over and check you out. Cops aren't out to get you and could honestly care less about the budget.

Last edited by Roddd 1SS; 12-29-2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Big thumbs+iPhone=make for typey mishtakes
Roddd 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #51
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I'd impound the car for those longhorn plates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbean View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
true... I would think THAT would be against the law.
no, because then they'd have to ban chrome bumpers, and anything they deemed to be too shiny.

But, I'd have impounded your car and arrested you and locked you up till you agreed to wear a sooners hat home.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:02 AM   #52
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post

are you talking about me????? This is my thread and I never bashed a cop.

I did not post this thread to "spew" cop hatred.

If you believe I have, please quote me.
I think part of what Brantley meant about "cop bashing" in your original post was the part where you said "REALLY?" like you couldn't believe that the cop would pull you over for not having a tag on the rear because the car was new #1 you know its a new car how are we supposed to know? (alot of 5th gen Camaros look pretty clean/new because they have only been out for just over a year) "we" are supposed to magically see the front windshield of your car from behind? and about the being pulled over the next week for your front plate not being put on, makes it sound like "we" are going to pick on your because you drive a "nice car"/ Camaro. I kinda got that too from your original post when I read it the first time... borderline bashing at most from my perspective
Its a cool looking tag and all, but you made the choice to put it there and make it stand out and you know as well as I do that it doesn't belong there... new car or not. Unfortunately for you the tag stood out to the wrong person. "The nail that sticks out gets hammered" I really don't agree with the way your State decided to issue temp tags but hey everyone does it different. My state issues a full size thick paper/cardboard temp tag that can be run just like a license plate--to me it seems to look a little more official and is easier to enforce. Anyway, No harm no foul he stopped you and made sure you were legit, just make sure that when your tags come in, you make it legal and then there won't be a problem. Just to be honest... if you were in front of me on the street with that tag on the back--- I would have pulled you over too... guaranteed I would have said WTF? like I said though nothing but a temp tag or license plate is supposed to be there in my State.

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 12-30-2010 at 02:12 AM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #53
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolatheSlush View Post
i don't think it's that odd.. when i bought my car the dealer put the temp sticker on the windshield, but i left the "dealer plate" (the paper thing the dealers put on) on my car until my plates came in and i never had a problem.
perhaps the cop didn't know your car was that new and since you didn't have the original "paper plates" or nothing at all he didn't know. Cops are def gunning for us, but i think he was legit in pulling you over.
Don't go there PLEASE!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #54
streetshark
Bringin' The Pain

Drives: 2031 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddd 1SS View Post

You'd be surprised how many arrests come from "fishing." People under the influence of meth don't exactly walk around wearing signs, cops have to search for them. I can't count how many people pulled over for what some may see as "BS reasons" are felons in possession of firearms, parolees-at-large or simply high as a kite. These aren't exactly the people you want cruising around the streets your wife and children do. You didn't get busted, no harm no foul. Trust me, I know it sucks being pulled over. I don't cite for tinted windows or no front plates, but I'll certainly pull you over and check you out. Cops aren't out to get you and could honestly care less about the budget.
Thank you, saved me the effort of typing this exact thing. I normally just take most of the "cop pulled me over" threads as venting but they do get tiresome.
streetshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #55
GB EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
I think part of what Brantley meant about "cop bashing" in your original post was the part where you said "REALLY?" like you couldn't believe that the cop would pull you over for not having a tag on the rear because the car was new #1 you know its a new car how are we supposed to know? (alot of 5th gen Camaros look pretty clean/new because they have only been out for just over a year) "we" are supposed to magically see the front windshield of your car from behind? and about the being pulled over the next week for your front plate not being put on, makes it sound like "we" are going to pick on your because you drive a "nice car"/ Camaro. I kinda got that too from your original post when I read it the first time... borderline bashing at most from my perspective
Its a cool looking tag and all, but you made the choice to put it there and make it stand out and you know as well as I do that it doesn't belong there... new car or not. Unfortunately for you the tag stood out to the wrong person. "The nail that sticks out gets hammered" I really don't agree with the way your State decided to issue temp tags but hey everyone does it different. My state issues a full size thick paper/cardboard temp tag that can be run just like a license plate--to me it seems to look a little more official and is easier to enforce. Anyway, No harm no foul he stopped you and made sure you were legit, just make sure that when your tags come in, you make it legal and then there won't be a problem. Just to be honest... if you were in front of me on the street with that tag on the back--- I would have pulled you over too... guaranteed I would have said WTF? like I said though nothing but a temp tag or license plate is supposed to be there in my State.
good points.... just so everyone knows... I wasn't mad, just wanted to share my experience with C5 folks.

I'll keep my rear fake plate on as long as possible and accept the fact police are doing their job. I don't believe they are "fishing" but if so, I've got nothing to hide.

I didn't realize this thread would turn into a debate on police. That was not intended. I wasn't even venting since I was not mad.... I do understand the "really" and "maybe they'll get me for that next time" could be taken to be a negative slight against police.... but..... once again, not intended.

Hook 'Em Horns

Old 12-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #56
GB EB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

But, I'd have impounded your car and arrested you and locked you up till you agreed to wear a sooners hat home.
Damn, that'd be a life sentence!