Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #29
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stett View Post
I was over at my aunt's house yesterday where I was finalizing the title transfer of my 99 monte carlo to my cousin for her first car. I brought over a 2011 camaro brochure for my aunt because she wanted to see what I ordered.

So my cousin's boyfriend is over there and asks what kind of car is it? I said a 1LT Camaro. He asks what kind. I say a 1LT. He asks "no is it an SS?". I said no it's a 1LT. He then says "You should have got the IROC". I asked him what is this 1992? They don't make those anymore. "You coulda got an SS and had the IROC put in it and then it would be stock with all that power". Realizing what he's actually referring to - a supercharger, I let him know pretty bluntly that if it's added aftermarket it's not stock and I don't feel like dropping 45K on a car to get 10-15mpg on a daily driver in Orlando traffic.

He also told me that he could put a 450 v6 in my 89 firebird, when I told him it had a 305hp TPI v8, he said "i thought it was a 5 liter?" and then started talking about an awesome hood that he found that he can put on it that would make it run better. (It hasn't been started in over 3 years, batteries of course dead and needs lot more TLC)

He doesnt have a job (Not due to the current national economic situation...), doesn't have a car because it was repossessed, and was kicked out of his house by his parents but that's another story...

Moral of this story - Everyone has their opinion and most are pretty dumb, the only thing that matters is what YOU feel

My sister seems to have the incredible talent of finding guys like this haha I told her she should be a social worker because she has a knack for finding and attempting to help the "lost souls" of the world. I just don't get it.... you'd think natural selection would have weeded these people out by now haha

ANYWAY totally hear you OP. I could not be happier with my car. It literally makes me happy just looking at it, and I hope that never goes away.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #30
Griffstar

Drives: Shadowfax-2010 1LT Summit White A6
OP, its called Permagrin...

Glad to hear from a positive poster!

2010 Camaro 1LT Summit White A6, Injen longtube, MRT v2.0, black gill slits, black bowties.
Griffstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #31
ProfArronax

Drives: 2015 2LT-RS AGM 6A
Send a message via Skype™ to ProfArronax
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Camaro11 View Post
Congratulations on the new ride!
MG hit it on the head! The car gets lots of positive attention on the road. The Camaro is actually comfortable to drive on all sorts of roads. I don't race my car, so its nice that it is somewhat civilized. You do have to learn to love your mirrors in traffic cause that is one heck of a blind spot.
I'm heading into the sixth DAY of owning my dream car... And it is AWESOME. My first car that actually has some respectable power in the drive train (and THAT takes a little getting
used to... where 120 feels like 70 in my old souped up '91 Geo Prizm. <grin>.)

It does, however have that really crazy blind spot on the passenger side. One turn that I have to make every day on the way to work is a really hazardous one where that blind spot could prove disastrous. So I'm investigating some sort of blind spot camera to mount into the r/h mirror housing. Hopefully someone in one of these forums will have had some experience with this and can give a recommendation on one.

But all-in-all, I'm one very happy camper. Good show, GM!

Last edited by ProfArronax; 09-15-2010 at 12:36 AM.
ProfArronax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:48 AM   #32
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfArronax View Post
I'm heading into the sixth DAY of owning my dream car... And it is AWESOME. My first car that actually has some respectable power in the drive train (and THAT takes a little getting
used to... where 120 feels like 70 in my old souped up '91 Geo Prizm. <grin>.)

It does, however have that really crazy blind spot on the passenger side. One turn that I have to make every day on the way to work is a really hazardous one where that blind spot could prove disastrous. So I'm investigating some sort of blind spot camera to mount into the r/h mirror housing. Hopefully someone in one of these forums will have had some experience with this and can give a recommendation on one.

But all-in-all, I'm one very happy camper. Good show, GM!
I learned to lean forward and look into the side mirrors. Works for me so far.

Congrats on the new ride
MG is offline   Reply With Quote