Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-27-2017, 07:54 AM   #15
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
Just my 2cents, I researched the heck out of superchargers before I got mine, pro's and con's to each, and considering cost. I eventually purchased the Edelbrock SC and got a wad of cash back in the form of price cuts + rebates. I love it, and I know maggie's are awesome as well. I went with a roots style because I am in love with the low end torque. I never hit 140+ speeds but I get to 140 pretty darn fast .

Whatever you get, you will be very happy!

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:26 AM   #16
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I must say that I still haven't seen a procharger or whipple that you can just go right to the track on the first pass and go 10.82@129.88 with a stock pulley and drag pack with the stock hand held tune. I did it and have since made only fuel changes, pulley changes and went 10.37@133 at the ls fest. No converter, stock exhaust and full weight. Yes the Prochargers have run some killer times, but they are heavily modded to get into the 9's such as HogWilds, etc.
Actually, Hogwild ran 10.13 with stock converter and stock engine using a Procharger from what I recall. Think he did not have the headers yet either. Wasn't really that heavily modded at that time when compared to your car.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #17
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
I must say that I still haven't seen a procharger or whipple that you can just go right to the track on the first pass and go 10.82@129.88
I actually tuned TWO cars that do better than that stock.
Sadly both are older guys, that don't use the internet....

First car: Stone stock, 10.92, P1X
(has drag radials)

Second car: Stock, meth, 10.86, P1SC

I tuned another car that went a nice and easy 10.44@133 (also p1sc)
But he does have a mild camshaft.

All those cars are still on 100% pump gas 91 octane.

Its very easy combo to do.....

P1SC/P1X Stock low boost 7psi, stock conservative tune = mid-low 11's.
P1SC/P1X drop one pulley size, more aggressive tune = low 11's, high 10's.
P1SC/P1X drop two pulley sizes, add single meth nozzle = high 10's
P1SC/P1X either spray more meth, or add camshaft = mid to low 10's

Now either add a converter or do a D1SC/D1X... well then its party time!

But all said and done, I have a customer going 10.4's with the entry level kit, and a cam. (I would say that's a bargain)

Just depends on what you want to do, and how your tuner wants to get there. Some people get talked into spending money on parts that don't really net any results at the track... (intakes, exhaust modifications, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Actually, Hogwild ran 10.13 with stock converter and stock engine using a Procharger from what I recall. Think he did not have the headers yet either. Wasn't really that heavily modded at that time when compared to your car.
Exactly.

There are a bunch of cars in the 10's with ProChargers. (and obviously 9's)
Just not a lot of people that run them chat on the internet (don't know why)

But if you search around FB, you will find them. You just won't find them in that 6th gen group, because the few guys I know with these cars, said that group is a bunch of "kids"
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:49 AM   #18
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I was looking at the fast list and didn't see any on there that weren't modded. I should have also stated P or D which would be more in the hp/torque range as the magnuson. The FRs are obviously big bad boys for sure.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:29 PM   #19
ProCharger

Quote:
I was looking at the fast list and didn't see any on there that weren't modded. I should have also stated P or D which would be more in the hp/torque range as the magnuson. The FRs are obviously big bad boys for sure.
Again, I have no issues putting P1 cars in the 10's..way into the 10's.
I wouldn't do an F blower unless I wanted 9's. (and even then I would do a D1X)

(But just for the record, the F1A94 is the same size as a P1 or D1)
And even then its only $1100 upgrade. So not a big deal.

Nobody runs a F-1R (or should) on this engine, since thats not an ideal blower for these combos)
Old 09-28-2017, 05:17 PM   #20
Daniel20162ss

Drives: 2016 2ss
My car is a m6 with d1sc with I beleive a 4.5" pulley(i think, may be a 4.25)and stage 2 intercooler. Stock fuel, single meth nozzle really only going to be used for cooling, kooks 1-7/8 longtubes and offroad pipes hooked to factory npp, lowered on afe springs. Its getting tuned as I type, hoping to take it out for test and tune next Thursday. Shop tuning it is saying hes seeing about 7.5lbs of boost at 6k rpm, meth isnt activated yet. Im anxious to see what itll run being a m6. Still have stock goodyear f1s so ill play hell hooking, plan to switch to a drag radial when these tires are gone. I do a couple test and tunes a year, no need for a drag pack setup for a couple times a year in my mind.
Daniel20162ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:21 PM   #21
ProCharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel20162ss View Post
My car is a m6 with d1sc with I beleive a 4.5" pulley(i think, may be a 4.25)and stage 2 intercooler. Stock fuel, single meth nozzle really only going to be used for cooling, kooks 1-7/8 longtubes and offroad pipes hooked to factory npp, lowered on afe springs. Its getting tuned as I type, hoping to take it out for test and tune next Thursday. Shop tuning it is saying hes seeing about 7.5lbs of boost at 6k rpm, meth isnt activated yet. Im anxious to see what itll run being a m6. Still have stock goodyear f1s so ill play hell hooking, plan to switch to a drag radial when these tires are gone. I do a couple test and tunes a year, no need for a drag pack setup for a couple times a year in my mind.
7.5 at only 6k sounds right.

I usually spin them to about 6,600rpm when there are dailed in.
Some get limited to 6,400 if fuel supply is an issue.

You will have a blast with her at the track.
I will openly admit it takes me like 3-5 passes each time to really get used to trying to "slip launch" a stick car. But once its nailed down.... WHEEEEEE!

But no matter how much I try, there is another guy here that always jumps in, and on his first try goes .2ths faster then EVERYONE. :( He's just a stick driving machine!
Old 09-28-2017, 06:40 PM   #22
Daniel20162ss

Yes, he told me fuel supply is getting close there. Said what hes seeing he wouldnt go much over 61-6200 rpm, but was also still running a tad lean and had to do a little fine tuning and that may change so the 6400-6600 may be within reason. And the meth hasnt been turned on yet either. Said he doesnt want the car depending on the meth, mainly looking for the cooling with a little added octane boost without the car gernading if meth isnt flowing
Old 09-28-2017, 06:56 PM   #23
Daniel20162ss

And all that being said, hes not one to push the limits to gain the few extra ponies. So him saying that, im sure me taking it to 61-6200 is not putting me right at end of fuel supply, im sure that's still leaving some on the table and not completly max. Hes been tuning for 15+ years, been doing high performance stuff for 20+. Hes seen alot, and learned alot. The LT1 is still fairly new, but hes done a few c7 vettes with great results. Also owns a twin turbo lambo he tuned himself etc, so d.i. isnt new to him, and hes been dealing with procharger for years and highly recommended it.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:09 AM   #24
Daniel20162ss

Ok, so my tuner has been working on my car the last couple days. Said he has it all dialed in,but between 5400-5800 rpm he is seeing a slight "miss" and afr changes slightly approx .20 diff, and comes back if he goes past or allows it to drop lower than the rpm listed above. Any recommendations on things to check? Boost holds steady, doesnt rocket up or fall off when it happens etc. He said he is clueless as to why its doing it, only thing he is contributing it to is the fact that its the first rubber/silicone charge kit hes done and maybe this is. Ormal?, usually does a stainless/aluminum setup. Hes very very knowledgable with F.I, been tuning 15+ years but is stumped. Do you have any clue as to why it could be doing this, and running so strong throughout every other rpm range?