Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #57
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
As someone else mentioned, the car will start in 2nd gear unless you paddle it down to 1st gear. Mine won't roll tires in 2nd gear. I see you've done all the things you should to set the stage but you haven't mentioned if you paddled the car into 1st.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #58
KahunaSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaSS View Post
i have a 2011 AUTOMATIC ss camaro and i have been trying to break the tires loose and i can't do a burn out to save my life.. only time i can get a little spin is if I'm in a sharp turn or in dirt... If i hit the brake and gas it it will spin a little before stopping.. Basically I'm losing power and it feels sluggish,, I did a fuse pull #5 and #20 (overnight) and still nothing,, I put on a CAI and still nothing,, I replaced the Maf sensor and still nothing,, Went to the dealer and had it test driven by service tech and he said the car does feel sluggish and it is bogging out when you punch it, so he made a report and is said he will look into it...., Its killing me.... I have babied the car it has 37,000 miles and i wanna have some fun now, The car always meet my expectations on the highway when speeding and racing cars in motion but on take off it sucks!!! My friends V6 feels stronger on take off. I also have taken of TC and ST and BOTH and put it in Comp mode.. STILL NOTHING!! Can anybody help me?? I have looked al under my hood for something and nothing,.,, No lights on or anything. I don't sometimes get a rpm jump from 1st into 2nd.. car shifts at 2000-3000 rpms and sometimes it jumps to 5000 and catches,.. also the car idles at 400 to 550 rpms up and down,, PLEASE HELP!!!!! I would just start adding things but i still have power train warranty till 100,000 miles

i just did a tune up.. i changed the Maf sensor to a k15, did a fuse pull, ( always had premium anyway) Installed K&n CAI,... i took it to a parking lot turned the wheel hit the gas and roasted a couple 360's... now the only issue is take off.. Maybe the P Zero's are grabbing on the hot road... They are pretty new.. i usually don't beat my car... I'm still taking it to dealer because i went today and talked to a buddy of mine and he looked in his computer and told my that the injectors get gummed up sometimes in these model camaros!! The other tech jerk didn't say sh+t about the injectors could be clogged... Lets see on Monday and see what they say,, My friend will tell me exactly whats wrong.. When i bought the Maf sensor He told me that if it fixed the problem he would get my money back and put it towards warranty issue. But i don't see much difference if any.. On my computer it is more on the positive line though before it was below the line.. So i have tried all the forum stuff, Now lets see whats up with the injectors..... Also i found the GM is making ring and Pinion's that raise the ratio to about 3.91 and it won't void the warranty if it is a gm part. 300 for the Ring and Pinion and about 800 to install it... not bad for %20 more torque... Thanks for everything guys! Chevy guys Rock!!

KahunaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #59
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM20 View Post
If your new MAF has a single character, then you still have a weak one!

Here's a good read in case you haven't seen it:

Weak vs. Strong MAF:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291436
i just did it... it was the same. I had a P i just went to dealer and paid 104 for a K15 and it really didn't do anything.. Only time will tell. maybe the computer has to get used to it.. I did buy another one already because i read this before but the one i got had a a letter with like a X over it... don't know what the hell is was,, but i kept it so when i swap my CAI before i go to the dealer i don't have to switch the Maf sensor too.. Kind of a pain in the ass.. but thanks for the reminder
Old 07-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #60
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Try a sprint booster if you do not want to void the warranty to make sure you do not just have a lot of lag...... the drive by wire has it built in. A good tune removes all lag and adjusts the parameters of a automatic but voids the warranty, the "sprint booster" removes the throttle lag and has adjustments to make it work as if a by wire throttle.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #61
hd48

Drives: SS2 Rally Yellow Lt Grey Leath
Cool sluggish

You might want to try a port job on your throttle body, it made the throttle response incredable. VMAX
hd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #62
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Try a sprint booster if you do not want to void the warranty to make sure you do not just have a lot of lag...... the drive by wire has it built in. A good tune removes all lag and adjusts the parameters of a automatic but voids the warranty, the "sprint booster" removes the throttle lag and has adjustments to make it work as if a by wire throttle.
Sounds like something that works from the research I did but..........$300 smackers for this thing? Little pricey for my blood.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #63
Adam1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
the only thing is i have no lights on... i took the intake off and cleaned all in the map and the put the intake back on and sprayed some injector/map cleaner with the car running and ir running at 2000 rpms and the light came on quickly because the maf sensor wasn't getting any readings and when i reconnected everything the light turned off after 20 minutes of me driving the car.. My computer said it was the Maf sensor so i didn't worry about it.. The only thing my computer says that looks off is the Lt ftrm2 % is at -9 and the rest are well above the positive mark. i don't know what that could mean or if it has anything to do with my problem.. would a computer reset with a regular computer tool reset the entire computer or just the codes?... i know I'm asking a lot of dumb questions thanks because I'm not a super mechanic.. i just do the basics... tune ups alternators, the easy stuff.. I'm wondering if i should just give it a tune up.. or is it just going to be a waste of money

(Lt ftrm2) Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 2. A reading of -9 means the cars computer is pulling fuel from the base map, 9% under the base. Long term trims should generally not be more than +/- 7%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #64
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
get some cheap china tires with no traction, pour some oil in front of the tires and do your burn out (;
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #65
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
i never heard of a sprint booster... i asked my dealer if they would be able to set my comptuter back to stock if something was tuned before i bought the car and he said they don't have those programs there. so what is a sprint booster where can i buy it or have it done.. i would like to see if my car was messed with. if someone tuned it it would void my warranty and i paid extra for the car because it had the platinum warranty ....
Old 07-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #66
RobertRS

Quote:
i never heard of a sprint booster... i asked my dealer if they would be able to set my comptuter back to stock if something was tuned before i bought the car and he said they don't have those programs there. so what is a sprint booster where can i buy it or have it done.. i would like to see if my car was messed with. if someone tuned it it would void my warranty and i paid extra for the car because it had the platinum warranty ....

A sprint booster simple hooks inline with the DBW harness under the gas pedal and claims to eliminate throttle lag. It's not a tune per se and should not leave any trace of itself if it was ever used. You can do a google search of sprint booster for Camaros online and get a ton of hits. Pricey little mutha' though.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #67
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
And it's not going to give you more than WOT.

It just opens the throttle more per pedal travel so the vehicle seems quicker.

I think the OP has an unrelated issue.
I've never used one so don't know what it does or doesn't do. It is claimed to decrease the lag time between acceleration is all I know. Op asked about it , therefore I responded. One thing is for certain though..it either works as claimed or doesn't. Either way it's pricey in my book.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:56 AM   #68
KahunaSS

has anyone tried putting the Genuine GM Performance 22813040 Gear Kit for Chevy Camaro ss i there car?? Its supposed to give you a 20% percent increase in horse power and supposedly gas mileage in city.. It will bring your automatic gear ratio up from 3.45 to 3.91... also your Manual to 3.91 and it won't void the warranty because its a GM part... My dealership said they will install in for around $800... so with the part it would be close to $1000... i figure that with some SLP headers and tubes and flow masters i can't go wrong. if I'm still having problems with power then I'm going to to sell the damn car!!! lol... I did do a nice burn out today.. Im going to record it and post it for you guys to see, I did Everything you gys told me from fuse pull to the Maf sensor and tune up.. I have noticed a increase in power.. I will keep you updated on the what the dealer says about the fuel injectors being clogged.. They said its a common problem... also the said i can put all the SLP brand headers, intake, Cats, anything and it won't void the warranty no matter what.. I guess because SLP is a GM brand...
Old 07-18-2014, 05:59 AM   #69
stirrup shifter

Drives: camaro
For what it's worth....I bought my 2010 SS with the L99 used.....always happy with it but there was a dead spot it acceleration at low speed, and an obvious hesitation at speed due to the AFM......had the master at Tampa Tuning (mentioned many times on this forum) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197715) do a street tune for me including deleting the AFM......wow.....what a night and day difference. I havecadifferent car now, tire chirping shifts, zero hesitation, and smoking burnouts when I want them, and I am running nearly new P-Zeros. I'd say find a great tuner or take a vacation road trip down to Florida and check this guy out.
stirrup shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #70
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
you want to give enough brake to keep the car from moving but not so moch that the brakes wont allow the rears to spin. takes a little practice. here is one from my 4th gen TA which was an M6.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wrong subforum