Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #1
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Unhappy neighbor with the airbag recall.

I noticed that my neighbor is driving a Corolla with Florida plates. He said that it's a rental. He was told not to drive his Honda CRV that has the airbags associated with the recall. They don't have the parts to fix it and it will be the end of summer before they do! So, he will be driving a rental for months. The reason that he bought the CRV was, that he plays in a band and needs the space/economy. Now, he is stuck in a smaller rental that is a PITA for him. I guess rental companies are happy! I can only imagine how many people are in rentals. I guess as the old saying goes, better safe than sorry.

How would you feel if you were told that you can't drive your Camaro for months? But, here is a Corolla or something similar to drive. Be happy with that!
Old 04-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Grand Cherokee isn't all that much to rent. Nice cars too. There should at least be a Equinox on the rental lot?
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:32 AM   #3
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
May 20th will be a year since my Mustang was recalled and I'm still driving it.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
I would get the equivalent of the car that they took into the shop. That's all. Sometimes you just need to talk to the right person. Of course they are going to give you the cheapest option if at the first offer you just accept it..
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:01 AM   #5
derklug1

Drives: 2016 GT350
I would take a Ford GT, either the 2006 or the 2016, while I wait for my airbag. Hell, I wouldn't even bitch if it took a couple of years.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:50 AM   #6
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Better than being in the hospital or six feet under.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post

How would you feel if you were told that you can't drive your Camaro for months? But, here is a Corolla or something similar to drive. Be happy with that!
about the same feeling I have with them telling me my switchblade key will kill me.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:42 PM   #8
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
I'm not worried I drove a 2007 and a 2011 before Takata admitted there could be an issue.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #9
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I noticed that my neighbor is driving a Corolla with Florida plates. He said that it's a rental. He was told not to drive his Honda CRV that has the airbags associated with the recall. They don't have the parts to fix it and it will be the end of summer before they do! So, he will be driving a rental for months. The reason that he bought the CRV was, that he plays in a band and needs the space/economy. Now, he is stuck in a smaller rental that is a PITA for him. I guess rental companies are happy! I can only imagine how many people are in rentals. I guess as the old saying goes, better safe than sorry.

Is Honda paying for the rental ? Just wondering who pays the rental fees for something like this .
Old 04-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #10
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline that has been recalled... it has over 110K miles on it. I have to wait for it to be fixed. They will give you a rental, free of charge, until it's fixed. He should have asked for something else.

If your vehicle is affected by this recall, we encourage you to take immediate action to have it repaired. There is no cost for the repair. Should there be any wait for a replacement airbag inflator, our dealers are prepared to provide alternative transportation in the form of a loaner or rental vehicle, free of charge, until your own vehicle is repaired.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:29 AM   #11
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug1 View Post
I would take a Ford GT, either the 2006 or the 2016, while I wait for my airbag. Hell, I wouldn't even bitch if it took a couple of years.
I would't bitch either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
about the same feeling I have with them telling me my switchblade key will kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Is Honda paying for the rental ? Just wondering who pays the rental fees for something like this .
Honda is paying for it. I can only imagine how many rentals they have out there!
Old 04-25-2016, 06:32 AM   #12
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline that has been recalled... it has over 110K miles on it. I have to wait for it to be fixed. They will give you a rental, free of charge, until it's fixed. He should have asked for something else.

If your vehicle is affected by this recall, we encourage you to take immediate action to have it repaired. There is no cost for the repair. Should there be any wait for a replacement airbag inflator, our dealers are prepared to provide alternative transportation in the form of a loaner or rental vehicle, free of charge, until your own vehicle is repaired.
He did and they said this is all we have at the moment, you can check back later. In other words, be happy with what you got!
Old 04-25-2016, 10:10 AM   #13
Donald

Drives: Just a dream...
Could be worse... One of the guys at my job took his car in for hail damage and they gave him a Ford Transit Connect... Was all they had.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote