Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #547
1989GTA

Drives: 1989 GTA Trans Am
About time to bring this thread back up. I did see a post on the Corvette Forum with some information. This was posted on 1/14/2016. Here it is.

"I am sorry your email was buried in our spam file for some reason.

We will be releasing lots of info here very quickly on the unit. Price will be about the same as the others .* It will be Polymer and blk in color.

stock engine gains "*over " *the competition are about 5-6% more power and 7-8% more Torque under the curve we are seeing as much as 10% more Power and Torque over the competition.​ More for heavily modified engines .*

stay tuned

VR Tech"

1989GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:22 PM   #548
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
No longer is it "shortly". Now it will be here "very quickly"
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:42 PM   #549
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
When?
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:09 AM   #550
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
So that 10% more than a fast intakes gains. Is that 10% of total engine power (impressive) or 10% of the FAST's gains (not quite as impressive)?

Either way it's still a myth that I want to believe in but I'm starting to feel like this is akin to Santa Claus...
Old 01-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #551
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Lol@ I'm sorry your email was buried in our spam,

Ya OK!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #552
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
No longer is it "shortly". Now it will be here "very quickly"
It was never shortly, it was "soon".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
When?
Very quickly....soon's 3rd cousin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
So that 10% more than a fast intakes gains. Is that 10% of total engine power (impressive) or 10% of the FAST's gains (not quite as impressive)?

Either way it's still a myth that I want to believe in but I'm starting to feel like this is akin to Santa Claus...
And will remain one....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #553
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
The 2012-2015 Camaro intake system has been completed for some time now. This intake system is tied to the VRX intake manifold and the COPO program with GM. We have completed no less than 5 COPO intake systems for GM in the last year alone. Most only know about the 2 that they currently sell.
We are a Manufacturer who actually does “work” for OEM’s manufacturers coveringEngineering, prototyping,testing and Production manufacturing.
When you do this type of work there are a lot of politics involved, as well as, confidentiality. We cannot give updates as we normally would for a new product if it is tied to an OEM’s program. We are always diligently working behind the scenes on multiple programs to bring you the best performing products possible.
Just because we are not talking about a product on the internet does not mean that it does not exist.
Now that the VRX manifold is set and The COPO program and other OEM have chosen the future VR systems they want,we can now bring the 2012-2015 intake out to the public.
We are completing aproduction filter test of the latest filter we had custom made to our specs by Green for “street use” as of this Post. If we are happy with the final test data, the system is ready.

This system covers the 2012-2015LS-3, LS-7 and ZL-1 Camaro vehicles
System has been designed and tested to handle anything from a stock LS-3 to a 1000 rear wheel HP and 500 cu/ inch LSX!
It does not require custom tuning on a stock vehicle.
Will it work on the 2010? I been waiting since Baytown debut.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #554
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Yup waiting here....
Old 01-29-2016, 10:16 AM   #555
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
The 2012-2015 Camaro intake system has been completed for some time now. This intake system is tied to the VRX intake manifold and the COPO program with GM. We have completed no less than 5 COPO intake systems for GM in the last year alone. Most only know about the 2 that they currently sell.
We are a Manufacturer who actually does “work” for OEM’s manufacturers coveringEngineering, prototyping,testing and Production manufacturing.
When you do this type of work there are a lot of politics involved, as well as, confidentiality. We cannot give updates as we normally would for a new product if it is tied to an OEM’s program. We are always diligently working behind the scenes on multiple programs to bring you the best performing products possible.
Just because we are not talking about a product on the internet does not mean that it does not exist.
Now that the VRX manifold is set and The COPO program and other OEM have chosen the future VR systems they want,we can now bring the 2012-2015 intake out to the public.
We are completing aproduction filter test of the latest filter we had custom made to our specs by Green for “street use” as of this Post. If we are happy with the final test data, the system is ready.

This system covers the 2012-2015LS-3, LS-7 and ZL-1 Camaro vehicles
System has been designed and tested to handle anything from a stock LS-3 to a 1000 rear wheel HP and 500 cu/ inch LSX!
It does not require custom tuning on a stock vehicle.
Sounds great. Product status? It's been -years- 3 months now since word on the 12+ intake...
Old 01-30-2016, 04:55 PM   #556
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Word............. Throw us a Bone already..... LOL

Last edited by christianchevell; 02-05-2016 at 01:17 PM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #557
1989GTA

I received these emails today. I am copying and posting both. Sounds interesting to me.

"We have stayed quiet to give ourselves the time needed to build and fine tune all of the production tooling . We have been running pre-production units to check all of the tolerances on "real" production parts vs rapid prototype parts or short run test shots.

All will be updated very soon.

VR tech

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 2:16 PM, vararam industries <vararamindustries@gmail.com> wrote:
We did "NOT" get the Patent needed , so we had to re- apply with an altered design. We are confident that this one will pass, so much so that we are already having the tooling produced ​. Its a very critical component because it balances both banks and allows the system to use one OEM throttle body.

There are 6 manifolds not "one" we will be updating everyone on all of them very shortly.

These include some purpose race applications.

VR tech
Old 02-29-2016, 04:29 PM   #558
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:40 PM   #559
1989GTA

So the patent is on the balancing mechanism between the two plenums. I understand that Edelbrock had the same problem. Also I can understand why they are waiting on the patent in this case.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #560
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Well, I'm still waiting. Fortunately/Unfortunately I recently had to spend $4K on my dogs knee... That's the bulk of what was intended for the Camaro. So I'm a little behind schedule financially.

This way you guys will get to run it and tell me if it's worth a damn... LoL