Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2015, 09:42 AM   #57
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Could be someone trying to see what's on your car or your ss emblem? I sometimes do it but as soon as I see what I'm looking for I'll back off. Maybe he wanted to hear your exhaust?
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #58
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
Drive 5 miles over the speed limit. Cops won't give you a ticket for that.

depends on the LEO and the situation, see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I know a guy who got a ticket for going 2 mph over. I think the Law Enforcement Officer had to mete a quota!

department required quotas are illegal, however having 3 neighbors that are LEOs they have all said the same thing, quotas are illegal however they do get performance reviews and if they write XXX tickets in one month but only XX in another then they are likely to get a bad review, so they tend to maintain a personal "quota" based on their personal past monthly statistics.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #59
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Couple of different takes on this. I don't tailgate when I want to pass, just a couple of taps on the high beams and just close enough so they get the point. If they don't move over, (some drivers are being jerks, some just don't get it), I'll pass when I can. I don't believe the lane is all mine and realize others may want to go faster than I am going, so I'll move over if possible if I see a car gaining on me. That being said on my way to and from the beach yesterday when traffic was congested and there was no point in anyone passing anyone I had a few cars tailgating me. I tap my brakes a few times and if they don't get the hint I will hit the brakes hard and then accelerate quickly. Their eyes get big as saucers and will then get the hint. When I have the top down I'll also turn around and give them a "back off" wave!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #60
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
I go through alot of washer fluid... Always a good time to wash the windshield when they are so close I cant see their headlights in my rear view mirror....
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:15 AM   #61
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Women seem to be the worst offenders. It happens all the time. Cruising along, minding my own business... in the slow lane, doing the speed limit. Next thing you know, there is a car about four feet from my bumper. The left two lanes are wide open and they won't pass. 90% of the time, it's a female driver.
Agreed women in SUV's
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:27 PM   #62
phillip123hastings

Drives: A real beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Women seem to be the worst offenders. It happens all the time. Cruising along, minding my own business... in the slow lane, doing the speed limit. Next thing you know, there is a car about four feet from my bumper. The left two lanes are wide open and they won't pass. 90% of the time, it's a female driver.
Yeah i get you, happens to me quite often also.
Oh well, i guess we should be tolerable and hope things will change in the future.
phillip123hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #63
phillip123hastings

Drives: A real beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
Never noticed anyone riding my ass. Not sure why.......
Happened once or twice to me, but that's about it.
Never had any major problems also.
phillip123hastings is offline   Reply With Quote