Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #29
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
You want to talk about the next gen and motor performance sure,

I think a set it up like this would be cool. (no 4 cylinder, sorry but if a v6 gets over 30+ mpg then that fits Cafe limitations, they can continue to squeak by regulations then why worry, other cars in the line up can exceed it if they need it)

1ls-2lt a base v6 engine with 330hp-340hp (easily done if power increase trends continue)
v6 performance package base v6 engine with single or twin turbos: single puts it at 380 and twin to around 420.
RS package for visual benefits and luxury.
then you get into the v8, Sorry but I predict that the GenV v8s will be even better then what is predicted.. so lets say they start at 440, do the same scaling as the v6
a base v8 engine and then the z28 and Zl1 are the performance packages.

Now I know I would love the v8 but if the Z28 did turn into a twin turbo v6 package putting down around 440+ hp then I wouldn't mind. Especially if it was a track pack and weighed around 400-500 pounds lighter.

Performance is performance, if it was all about power and the straight line we wouldn't have the ZL1 now would we?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #30
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
As I like to say ...

Insiders who know, don't talk.
Insiders who talk, don't know.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #31
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
As I like to say ...

Insiders who know, don't talk.
Insiders who talk, don't know.
I chased the Camaro rumor mill for years as part of another venture. While what you say is true to an extent, I also don't like the "winky winky, we know something you don't because I think I have a source" crew. The thing about right now is it is all largely vaporware on a computer, or at most maybe a few styling ideas. Anything anyone is talking about now is far from set in stone. That being said, if it is based on Alpha some things will be obvious like the IRS, roughly smaller size, lower weight, a 4 cylinder model. In general you will see more use of forced induction. I would rather have a turbo 4 than the current 3.6L..I think it would be easier to mod.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #32
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
I have to admit - that'd be highly amusing to see. I'd buy tickets to see that.
uhuh......we'll draft you to the team as well!

(......what floor are you on???.......)
Old 02-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #33
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
Here's a relevant comment. When's GM true insiders going to give us any clue to facelift changes to the Gen5 or next Z/28?

.........when Al, Cheryl, John, Meissen, and myself do a 'Rhumba' on Jefferson Avenue in front of the RenCen...........
Old 02-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #34
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I would rather have a turbo 4 than the current 3.6L..I think it would be easier to mod.
The LNF engine is very mod friendly. It is the most powerful engine built by GM with 130 HP per liter. Guys in the Kappa clubs are doubling that output on the stock forged internals. This engine just begs to be pushed ...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #35
meb885

Drives: 13 CRT 2SS-1LE/06 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........when Al, Cheryl, John, Meissen, and myself do a 'Rhumba' on Jefferson Avenue in front of the RenCen...........
this just keeps getting better seems we have the GM/Team Camaro version of dancing with the stars coming to a 5AM slot on local access cable tv.... now everyone pick your celeb. partners and we'll get this show into production.
Planned Upgrades Soon:De-Chrome (Black outs),
TEAM LS3
2010 2LT VIN#165 Traded In, 2010 2SS VIN#42415 Traded In
meb885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #36
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
uhuh......we'll draft you to the team as well!

(......what floor are you on???.......)
Quote:

Oh great I've been drafted too! Haha lucky for you I only see a sliver of Jefferson. Tower 300, floor 17 The only view I get is into people's hotel rooms

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #37
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
You want to talk about the next gen and motor performance sure,

I think a set it up like this would be cool. (no 4 cylinder, sorry but if a v6 gets over 30+ mpg then that fits Cafe limitations, they can continue to squeak by regulations then why worry, other cars in the line up can exceed it if they need it)

1ls-2lt a base v6 engine with 330hp-340hp (easily done if power increase trends continue)
v6 performance package base v6 engine with single or twin turbos: single puts it at 380 and twin to around 420.
RS package for visual benefits and luxury.
then you get into the v8, Sorry but I predict that the GenV v8s will be even better then what is predicted.. so lets say they start at 440, do the same scaling as the v6
a base v8 engine and then the z28 and Zl1 are the performance packages.

Now I know I would love the v8 but if the Z28 did turn into a twin turbo v6 package putting down around 440+ hp then I wouldn't mind. Especially if it was a track pack and weighed around 400-500 pounds lighter.

Performance is performance, if it was all about power and the straight line we wouldn't have the ZL1 now would we?
Heres the info on GM's new twin turbo V6 option that may go into the 6th Gen Camaro too.http://www.lsxtv.com/news/is-gm-work...twin-turbo-v6/ And really alot of this will happen nobody can say it cant or wont. A four-cylinder may very well likely be an option because Ford has already stated they may make a 6th Gen SVO 4-cylinder Mustang so dont really know why anybody is trying to deny it.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #38
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
With all the customized Camaros, I'm suprised no one has ALREADY installed a turbo 4-cylinder just to say they did it.

GM probably already did it (experimentally) but is too scared to mention it as 50,000 camaro5 members would be screaming and running around in the streets acting crazy.

As a science project I think it would be pretty cool. They probably got 40mpg highway.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #39
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Heres the info on GM's new twin turbo V6 option that may go into the 6th Gen Camaro too.http://www.lsxtv.com/news/is-gm-work...twin-turbo-v6/ And really alot of this will happen nobody can say it cant or wont. A four-cylinder may very well likely be an option because Ford has already stated they may make a 6th Gen SVO 4-cylinder Mustang so dont really know why anybody is trying to deny it.
Mustang 2. Didnt work before. I just can't imagine it being a big seller. Now if a 4 cylinder puts out 300hp and delivers that fuel econ with the turbos running why not. Otherwise performance will suffer unless weight is lost. A v6 is as lows as I think they should go. Now I am sure there are some 4 cylinder super cars but what are their fuel econ and at what revs do the turbos take over. For all we know they could program the turbos to always be on.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #40
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post
If any of these claims are true for the 6th Gen Camaro, as long as Chevy cuts out some weight I don't see anything wrong with having a turbocharged 4-cyl that puts out between 260-325 hp.
Amen brother. That kind of HP is nothing to sneeze at from a 4 cylinder and I'll be more than happy to buy one if the claims of 40+ mpg's are true.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #41
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
A four-cylinder may very well likely be an option because Ford has already stated they may make a 6th Gen SVO 4-cylinder Mustang so dont really know why anybody is trying to deny it.
The day they install a 4 banger is the day it looses all credibility as a muscle car.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #42
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Nothing wrong with it having an option for a 4 banger, it's just one more option to which it will increase the target audience. If a teenage kid who gets a 4 banger Camaro as his first car can be turned into a life long Camaro enthusiast, what's the harm in that? I remember quite vividly sitting in a banquet for a Camaro car show and people were saying "Why even have a v6 option? It should only have v8s!"

Use Camaro5's population as an example - how many people bought LS or LT 5th gens and later upgraded to an SS?

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6th gen camaro, 6th general camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation