Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 08-31-2013, 01:57 AM   #281
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Not to slam anybody because it takes a lot of time to come up with these designs. Also I admire anybody associated with the designing and building of the Camaro but all of these rear designs look better than the 14 refresh IMO. I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of these designers and at the same time would love to do it if I had the skills.
Well thank you, I appreciate the compliment and support. And yes I can only imagine the stress these guys must be under. "The good news is you're working on the Camaro design team! The bad news is you have to change it without inciting mass hysteria and a lynch mob!" What a job lol.

At any rate here's the latest for the Z/28. I'm glad I started working on it because it led me to find an error that had been accumulating slowly and I was able to get it fixed. I knew something was off in the various views and this led me to find and correct it. These have larger mirrors, corrected mirror height, corrected roof height, corrected windshield dimensions and various other sundry corrections. I decided I like the black side mirrors so that's going to be on all models; not just the Z/28.

I did a C version which I like as I do also version B, but the more I look at it I'm finding D3 is becoming my favorite style; there's just something about it that looks more dynamic, "futuristic" and yet it still feels like a Camaro.

I tried the idea of the visible bolts around the recessed area in the back. Not good. Looked like Franken-Z. So scratch that idea.

These are the latest and most current views:
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Z28 versions.jpg
Views: 25427
Size:  96.4 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #282
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

I'm trying to decide if all models should have the blackout back, or just the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 which have the flat-black hood? Or is the body-color back a look that only the Z/28 should have?

Here's a render of the Z/28 with the blackout back, and the Base model with the body-color back.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Base to Za.jpg
Views: 21161
Size:  158.8 KB

And here's a render of the opposite; the Z/28 with the body-color back and the Base model with the blackout back.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Base to Zb.jpg
Views: 4304
Size:  157.7 KB
The body-color back looks nice and clean on the Base model, but it also looks good on the Z/28. Having different back treatments is one way of creating a quick visual difference between the regular and high-performance track models. What do you guys think... or does it matter?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #283
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I tried the idea of the visible bolts around the recessed area in the back. Not good. Looked like Franken-Z. So scratch that idea.

These are the latest and most current views:
Attachment 552079
Easy fix! Bolts on the inside of the panel in the trunk, you would never see them unless you are a body shop or customizing them yourself.

Don't you dare take my B2 away!!!!....lol
Old 08-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #284
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This has shaped up to be pretty dang awesome if you ask me.

I think I've gotten a bit lost though. In your vision...is there an SS between the base and the Z/28 or not? I don't really want you to tone down the base car, b/c I think even the base needs to look good, but not sure what you'd do to make a car look mid tier in between those two.

I think it could be confusing since the 5th gen Z/28 is the ultra bad ass, but in the 6th gen is essential an SS again like in the 4th gen.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #285
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Easy fix! Bolts on the inside of the panel in the trunk, you would never see them unless you are a body shop or customizing them yourself.

Don't you dare take my B2 away!!!!....lol
Yeah that's my original idea to have the bolts inside like that; that way you could have different recess inserts for the Base and SS, 1LE, ZL1, Z/28. I'd have to decide which back to go with for the Base model though. I don't think GM would go for 3 different styles; having 2 is pushing it already lol. D3 I think should definitely be the performance back... maybe the back for all the V8 models. The Base model could be either B2 or C, but whichever one is left out this would be an EASY aftermarket customization opportunity for custom inserts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
This has shaped up to be pretty dang awesome if you ask me.

I think I've gotten a bit lost though. In your vision...is there an SS between the base and the Z/28 or not? I don't really want you to tone down the base car, b/c I think even the base needs to look good, but not sure what you'd do to make a car look mid tier in between those two.

I think it could be confusing since the 5th gen Z/28 is the ultra bad ass, but in the 6th gen is essential an SS again like in the 4th gen.
It's been kind of fun and at the very least entertaining hasn't it... at least for me and hopefully some of the viewers. Considering we've rather quickly racked up over 12,000+ views it seems there's quite a bit of "silent" interest which is good... I think. I know if everybody hated all this they'd be sounding off loudly like they did with the 2014 refresh back lol.

I completely agree about the Base model; it should be able to stand on it's own as a beautiful desirable car, and yes there is an SS. The way I'm thinking it would essentially be the V8 version of the Rally Sport Base model and with upgraded wheels and badging; hence "super" sport indicating a power upgrade to a "rally" sport. A strong straight line performer.

I've been thinking about all the models and I think this would be a good opportunity for GM to clean up and refine the various versions so there's a more logical progression from the Base on up.

Base model: V6. Beautiful, classy, elegant. Sporty but not brutal. Not intended to be a track car. A comfortable car for daily driving or touring. This model would probably have the widest market and appeal to entry level buyers, male/female, young and old. This could have the B2 recessed back.

Rally Sport: The Base model tuned for a bit more power, suspension mods for better handling, 4 minor gauges inside. Different badging; maybe different wheels.

Super Sport: V8. The Rally Sport upgraded with a V8, wider wheels, different badging, and the D3 recessed back.

1LE: The SS with the track package; suspension upgrades, brakes, etc. Throttle-actuated hood vent and satin black hood. Light-weight track wheels. Tow hooks. Racing seats with 5-point harness option. Maybe a different spoiler.

ZL1: King of the road Camaros. Bigger displacement V8 (get rid of the forced induction) for more power above the SS. Magnetic suspension allows a wide range of performance choices. Throttle-actuated hood vent and satin black hood. Light-weight track wheels an option.

Z/28: Road course track monster. Big displacement V8. Fender flares. Widest wheels. Throttle-actuated hood vent and satin black hood. Adjustable rear spoiler; maybe even a "smart" spoiler that adjusts as you drive...full down when braking, near flat on high-speed straight, some down force for high speed corners. Tow hooks. Racing seats with 5-point harness.

All models would have fog lights which I think are important for safety reasons. The intakes to either side of the fogs are functional and allow air input for a cold-air intake (which would also be on all models) and brake cooling ducts for the track models. The gill intakes on the sides are functional and allow air input for trans and diff coolers on the track models. I would like to see those coolers be in the back so the plumbing routes are shorter, and the weight is moved to the back to help the overall weight balance of the car. There could also be some ducting for rear brake cooling but the main priority would be the coolers.

I haven't started on interiors yet but I would like to see things streamlined so there is very little difference inside between the models except performance gauges, performance seats, badging and of course cloth or leather. I'm going to be starting on interior design shortly. I'm almost done I think with the exterior; just cleaning up some details for consistency and fixing the top view now that I have back styling pretty much done.

I have a killer idea for lighting which I'm not going to put in this thread. It could easily be stolen and used by a competitor, so GM...if anyone on the Camaro team is reading this... PM me and we can set up a verified contact so I can give you the idea.

The interiors are going to be fun.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #286
ssrs396

Quote:
Yeah that's my original idea to have the bolts inside like that; that way you could have different recess inserts for the Base and SS, 1LE, ZL1, Z/28. I'd have to decide which back to go with for the Base model though. I don't think GM would go for 3 different styles; having 2 is pushing it already lol. D3 I think should definitely be the performance back... maybe the back for all the V8 models. The Base model could be either B2 or C, but whichever one is left out this would be an EASY aftermarket customization opportunity for custom inserts.
I love the idea of customizable inserts just like the different grills for the front today. You can change the entire back end with relative ease along with different back diffusers from the aftermarket and have a fully custom looking rear. Plus GM can change its lights easily for different models.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #287
ssrs396

Good luck with the interiors I can't wait to see them.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #288
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Not much time to comment, but looking good (not so much from a "what will be" standpoint but from a "what you want it to be" one). I would honestly buy it the way it is, but I would buy it with some other looks as well. Nothing like that boxy fake looking silver rendering that keeps getting reposted, though, I dislike that one and its cartoon looks as well.

Can you incorporate a slanted center divider in each current taillight but keep the same outline that it is now? It would be sort of like a more advanced version of your '67 style version (which does look better when bigger, btw).

The reason I'm posting right now is to ask if you have a current-version front view pic that is the same size as your posted previous version (before you made the mirror/roof corrections). I'm PS'ing that old one, view "A" from post #265, but I'd like to merge your correct version with what I have already modded. That's much easier to do and more accurate if they're already the same size.

I was working on the front 3/4 view as I mentioned before but I don't have time to complete it as it's fairly complex from that angle and takes some time. The front view pic I can do one side of then mirror it to finish the other side, and there's less to mod from that view to begin with. I think I can pull that off with my current time constraints. I just want to show some ideas I have.

Last edited by ALLTRBO; 08-31-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #289
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Not much time to comment, but looking good (not so much from a "what will be" standpoint but from a "what you want it to be" one). I would honestly buy it the way it is, but I would buy it with some other looks as well. Nothing like that boxy fake looking silver rendering that keeps getting reposted, though, I dislike that one and its cartoon looks as well.

Can you incorporate a slanted center divider in each current taillight but keep the same outline that it is now? It would be sort of like a more advanced version of your '67 style version (which does look better when bigger, btw).

The reason I'm posting right now is to ask if you have a current-version front view pic that is the same size as your posted previous version (before you made the mirror/roof corrections). I'm PS'ing that old one, view "A" from post #265, but I'd like to merge your correct version with what I have already modded. That's much easier to do and more accurate if they're already the same size.

I was working on the front 3/4 view as I mentioned before but I don't have time to complete it as it's fairly complex from that angle and takes some time. The front view pic I can do one side of then mirror it to finish the other side, and there's less to mod from that view to begin with. I think I can pull that off with my current time constraints. I just want to show some ideas I have.
Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Is this what you had in mind for the D3 back view?
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Base to Zb.jpg
Views: 3051
Size:  92.2 KB

I'm not exactly sure what size I had that other snapshot but this should be pretty close.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Base front.jpg
Views: 2969
Size:  68.5 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 09-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #290
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I like OP's 5A SS rendering of the rear end, especially the fender flares to avoid having to install ugly-ass mud guards. However, I don't like the way the bottom line of rear diffuser and fender bottoms are jagged - use the 5B/RS diffuser that extends down more and curve the fender bottoms straight across meet it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 09-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #291
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Well we damn sure don't want the competition to gank our lighting ideas!!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #292
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Well this should be it for the front and back views. I've decided at this point to go with the removable recess insert idea for the back so the V6 models; the Base and the Rally Sport will get the round tail lights, and all the V8 models get the stylized 1-piece tail lights. One thing new in these views that I haven't posted before is the CAMARO lettering on the back. Anybody have any strong feelings one way or the other about it? Yes, no, good, bad, maybe?
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept F&B final.jpg
Views: 57844
Size:  98.3 KB

I've started working on a 3/4 perspective view from the back and hopefully that'll be done here soon.

It's great to see the amount of interest this thread has generated!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 09-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #293
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I like OP's 5A SS rendering of the rear end, especially the fender flares to avoid having to install ugly-ass mud guards. However, I don't like the way the bottom line of rear diffuser and fender bottoms are jagged - use the 5B/RS diffuser that extends down more and curve the fender bottoms straight across meet it.
Hehe well that was still a work-in-progress. That's fixed along with many little details which are in the latest posting. I've also put the 3rd brake light on the back of the shark fin in this latest posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Well we damn sure don't want the competition to gank our lighting ideas!!
Ha! Well it would be very easy for anyone from the competition to implement it and as far as I know it's not being done by anyone anywhere. It's one of those things that the moment I thought of it I realized it would be one cool feature that would instantly distinguish not only the Camaro, but could be used on all GM cars. Considering how much design work I'm freely posting in this thread including some cool ideas that could also be used by other companies... there's a good reason why I'm not posting this one.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 09-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #294
ssrs396

Quote:
Well this should be it for the front and back views. I've decided at this point to go with the removable recess insert idea for the back so the V6 models; the Base and the Rally Sport will get the round tail lights, and all the V8 models get the stylized 1-piece tail lights. One thing new in these views that I haven't posted before is the CAMARO lettering on the back. Anybody have any strong feelings one way or the other about it? Yes, no, good, bad, maybe?
Attachment 552889

I've started working on a 3/4 perspective view from the back and hopefully that'll be done here soon.

It's great to see the amount of interest this thread has generated!

Love the back view on both cars, it really looks good all one color and yet I love the black out also. There is something so clean about the round taillights and yet the other design is aggressive and worthy of the higher models. I like the distinction of the packages and the ability to customize them. The Camaro lettering is perfect and if one wanted it a little more subdued it could just be painted body color and if the other direction... the aftermarket will make a lighted version.....lol.

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation