Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #29
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
The current Camaro outsold the Mustang from 2010 to 2013 largely on its daring design, and it’s hard to believe that Chevrolet would suddenly get cautious after shifting its fashion-forward halo onto a new platform.

I don't agree with that at all. They came up with a great design and it sold the car. Why change it much?

Ford went with the same body for 10 years because it was a hit and they probably only redesigned it to try and get back the sales lead from Chevy and sell Mustangs to Euros(good luck with that).
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:39 PM   #30
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Why are you basing it on Alpha LWB?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #31
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Have you seen the new Stingray? Even the current gen Camaro is much bolder then Ford or Dodge. I expect bold but think the 70 Z/28 is drop dead gorgous and Chevy could dip into that well too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
It does. A really sexy baby.

I just think its time for the Camaro to go back to a rounder styling language. 1st gen-sharp, 2nd gen-round, 3rd gen-sharp, 4th gen-round, 5th gen-extra sharp, 6th gen-?. The Stingray does a great job of mixing hard and soft lines and I think that's what we'll end up with. I just think they could do a curvier Camaro and it would differentiate it more from the fifth gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
that looks like the 4th gen and 2nd gen had babies.
Agree with all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
I think that's mine as well.
Yup ! I'm hoping for this! Please ....... GM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Agree. This is still my favorite rendering.
That's nice ! I never have seen it before! But GM should make this one after they make the 2nd Gen.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:10 PM   #32
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I'll be consistent with what I've said for years........another retro Camaro will be a huge failure. If you see one you can hang a sign out that says GM was too afraid to be great or worse has no clue how to be great. A 2nd dip into the retro bowl, particularly into the 70s off all things, will send a huge message of lack of courage and vision.

But JMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Uh, How? This is the muscle car look! And Dodge is doing it with the Challenger! Don't tell me you ppl think that Dodge messed up by keeping the Challenger Retro?

The Retro design won the purest and the world over, so why would you mess up that? There's to many modern and boring looking designs, every car looks alike! So Retro is a well welcome , just for the Camaro! Retro look is good , if it's a muscle car!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #33
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Uh, How? This is the muscle car look! And Dodge is doing it with the Challenger! Don't tell me you ppl think that Dodge messed up by keeping the Challenger Retro?

The Retro design won the purest and the world over, so why would you mess up that? There's to many modern and boring looking designs, every car looks alike! So Retro is a well welcome , just for the Camaro! Retro look is good , if it's a muscle car!
Wow. You might be right if your only goal is to hang on to traditional "American Muscle Car" buyers. If that is all you hope to see for the future of our beloved Camaro then you are right.

But as the Fiat ps are selling like crap and offer nothing unique or sofisticated then it will take nothing much to win them over. And you would be right again.

What i want and hope for is a car far more than what you want. I've been there done that working for several OEMs including GM and I WANT MORE.......MUCH MORE.

I want a car that bakes BMW go "ohhhhhhhhh SH&t". And for all of you that think GM can't do this you have very low standards.

I want a Camaro that sets the entire world on fire AND makes the Asian and European press go, "why can't we have a car this good?"

GM can do this but I am not sure they have the courage. Safe path is to only be good. Focus on Ford and Fiat. Courageous path is to defeat all comers.

Sorry but I just want more than the easy path.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #34
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
^ true when's the last time gm stuck it out there?? no manufacturer really has..Its balance design vs profit...you'd know more than anyone..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #35
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Wow. You might be right if your only goal is to hang on to traditional "American Muscle Car" buyers. If that is all you hope to see for the future of our beloved Camaro then you are right.

But as the Fiat ps are selling like crap and offer nothing unique or sofisticated then it will take nothing much to win them over. And you would be right again.

What i want and hope for is a car far more than what you want. I've been there done that working for several OEMs including GM and I WANT MORE.......MUCH MORE.

I want a car that bakes BMW go "ohhhhhhhhh SH&t". And for all of you that think GM can't do this you have very low standards.

I want a Camaro that sets the entire world on fire AND makes the Asian and European press go, "why can't we have a car this good?"

GM can do this but I am not sure they have the courage. Safe path is to only be good. Focus on Ford and Fiat. Courageous path is to defeat all comers.

If you want to impress BMW, and the world, you are going to have to pay up. You can't just throw in the nicest material for the interior, make the engine powerful, make the car light, and expect to buy a Camaro for under 30k. At least not for the majority of consumers. Unless you are talking about looks alone. In that case, how easy do you think it is, to design a car? The way they hit on the Camaro is a rare occasion, and they somehow hit the nail on the head with the c7. You can't expect a manufacturer to be able to churn out an all new design every 5 years and wow the whole world every time. I guess I just don't understand what you are looking for. Your homerun might be a triple play to someone else.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #36
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
If you want to impress BMW, and the world, you are going to have to pay up. You can't just throw in the nicest material for the interior, make the engine powerful, make the car light, and expect to buy a Camaro for under 30k. At least not for the majority of consumers. Unless you are talking about looks alone. In that case, how easy do you think it is, to design a car? The way they hit on the Camaro is a rare occasion, and they somehow hit the nail on the head with the c7. You can't expect a manufacturer to be able to churn out an all new design every 5 years and wow the whole world every time. I guess I just don't understand what you are looking for. Your homerun might be a triple play to someone else.
That's where you guys are "settling".

I know what GM is capable of and I know the price point to get there.

What differentiates Cadillac from Chevy should be interior material choices, 4 year warranty and the "would you like a loaner car" service.

Chevy can deliver what I am suggesting. You guys are settling for the traditional Chevrolet.

You won't have to "pay up" to get the car I want and truly believe GM can deliver in the NG Camaro.

DON'T SETTLE...........................EXPECT GM's best effort.

My 3SS

LT1
8 speed automatic, 7 speed manual, or DCT (hope on the last one)
Same features as my Chevy SS, LDW, FCA, 8 inch NAV, blah blah blah
Great seats (minimum 10 way)
Great looks/styling
Great visibility
Great access to the rear seat
Low lift over to the trunk
Awesome lighting front and back (HID)
Bose Stereo
Brembo brakes
FE4 suspension with MR shocks
Soft touch interior surfaces including IP top
Active Cruise
Adaptive braking

Add a few more details.

Guys this is a $45,000 car TOPS and if you don't think GM can make BMW go "how did they do that for $45,000 and put our M4 in the weeds?" then you are a) accepting less car than deserves the Camaro name or b) simply have no expectations beyond 1/4 mile time and beating the Mustang.

GM CAN DO THIS. It's only a matter of what they choose.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #37
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
August 2014 Issue of Road and atrack Magazine

This is what I found. What do you think?
Attached Images

spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #38
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:

Well, I thought GM showed the courage by bringing us a car that didn't sell well last time it was out? Especially, after after the company and country went down... Bringing out a 75k dollar Camaro wasn't enough? Or making the 5th Gen look just like the concept, which most manufacturers don't do! The 5th Gen made the world go wow! So, I think another Retro Camaro could do the same! I bet you wouldn't have thought that a Retro car could make the world go " wow" ? Banking on a Retro styling to bring your business out of debt and a bailout isn't courage to you?

Traditional muscle car buyers? I said the world too! Which we all know isn't the traditional or even the typical muscle car buyer! To be honest, most hate or go against muscle cars! Yet, the Camaro has everyone wanting and buying it ! Every BMW interior looks the same since the 80's almost! Their interior is boring and has nothing attractive about them! If anythin, g I would pick the Audi to go against because they have been on fire ! lately! But two different world's and buyers! But I have seen BMW drivers actually driving and buying Camaros! Why is that??? What is BMW offering that is so special others isn't? ????????

Quote:
Agree!
Old 06-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #39
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Well, I thought GM showed the courage by bringing us a car that didn't sell well last time it was out? Especially, after after the company and country went down... Bringing out a 75k dollar Camaro wasn't enough? Or making the 5th Gen look just like the concept, which most manufacturers don't do! The 5th Gen made the world go wow! So, I think another Retro Camaro could do the same! I bet you wouldn't have thought that a Retro car could make the world go " wow" ? Banking on a Retro styling to bring your business out of debt and a bailout isn't courage to you?

Traditional muscle car buyers? I said the world too! Which we all know isn't the traditional or even the typical muscle car buyer! To be honest, most hate or go against muscle cars! Yet, the Camaro has everyone wanting and buying it ! Every BMW interior looks the same since the 80's almost! Their interior is boring and has nothing attractive about them! If anythin, g I would pick the Audi to go against because they have been on fire ! lately! But two different world's and buyers! But I have seen BMW drivers actually driving and buying Camaros! Why is that??? What is BMW offering that is so special others isn't? ????????

Agree!
Don't confuse the courage to bring out the Gen5 with what is needed for the Gen6 to send everyone wondering, "how did they do that?"

Those are not the same thing.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #40
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
That's where you guys are "settling".

I know what GM is capable of and I know the price point to get there.

What differentiates Cadillac from Chevy should be interior material choices, 4 year warranty and the "would you like a loaner car" service.

Chevy can deliver what I am suggesting. You guys are settling for the traditional Chevrolet.

You won't have to "pay up" to get the car I want and truly believe GM can deliver in the NG Camaro.

DON'T SETTLE...........................EXPECT GM's best effort.

My 3SS

LT1
8 speed automatic, 7 speed manual, or DCT (hope on the last one)
Same features as my Chevy SS, LDW, FCA, 8 inch NAV, blah blah blah
Great seats (minimum 10 way)
Great looks/styling
Great visibility
Great access to the rear seat
Low lift over to the trunk
Awesome lighting front and back (HID)
Bose Stereo
Brembo brakes
FE4 suspension with MR shocks
Soft touch interior surfaces including IP top
Active Cruise
Adaptive braking

Add a few more details.

Guys this is a $45,000 car TOPS and if you don't think GM can make BMW go "how did they do that for $45,000 and put our M4 in the weeds?" then you are a) accepting less car than deserves the Camaro name or b) simply have no expectations beyond 1/4 mile time and beating the Mustang.

GM CAN DO THIS. It's only a matter of what they choose.
Well, you expect GM to give you what you think is best? What about what the world think is best? 1 vs. 1000's ? How do you expect GM to go against thousands? What would you do.?
The bose system ? Most think the system isn't!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #41
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
dunno what to think..looks rather trans-am-ish?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #42
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Don't confuse the courage to bring out the Gen5 with what is needed for the Gen6 to send everyone wondering, "how did they do that?"

Those are not the same thing.
Keeping the production model , like the concept ! With huge blind spots , small windows. and the huge size took courage ! Because everyone loves big windows, non blind spot and small cars!