Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #15
thekid13
Christian Martinez

Drives: 2012 1LT RS Victory Red Camaro
Take a look at 3 of the worlds leading super and hyper cars...
Veyron, 911, 918 spyder, GT-R
What do they have in common? Fastest 0-60 times of any production car,
around 2.5 secs. My comment is moot for Camaro coupe owners. How about for America's new super car... the Corvette Stingray? Many magazine editors categorize it as a super car which IMO I find debatable (Another place and time). Again IMO if they want to consider it a super car it should be awd. Now for the Camaro coupe, pointless but for the sedan yes. The Impala SS is just a 4 door camaro, same chassis, same engine. Awd makes sense for the Impala SS. I still wouldn't mind seeing awd Camaro
thekid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #16
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
NO!
Old 05-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Build your own....
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #18
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid13 View Post
Take a look at 3 of the worlds leading super and hyper cars...
Veyron, 911, 918 spyder, GT-R
What do they have in common? Fastest 0-60 times of any production car,
around 2.5 secs. My comment is moot for Camaro coupe owners. How about for America's new super car... the Corvette Stingray? Many magazine editors categorize it as a super car which IMO I find debatable (Another place and time). Again IMO if they want to consider it a super car it should be awd. Now for the Camaro coupe, pointless but for the sedan yes. The Impala SS is just a 4 door camaro, same chassis, same engine. Awd makes sense for the Impala SS. I still wouldn't mind seeing awd Camaro
So now you can't be a supercar if you don't have AWD? You are entitled to that opinion but I would suggest you wait until the Z06 comes out and I'll predict dusts the cars you listed around most tracks. No one that I've read says the C7 is a supercar. Z06 probably so. Does AWD help? Absolutely you get a better launch and better traction. That has simply been the Corvette's problem for years. Too much engine and very little weight for even monster tires. But all Porsches are not AWD either. And a Veyron is a one trick pony. Big fat beast with AWD and 1,000 hp. Yes, it launches and delivers 0 to 60 and top speed. And for over a meeeelyun dollars it better do something pretty special. Many are no calling those Hypercars.

I have no clue where you think an Impala SS (which actually doesn't exist) is on the same platform as the Camaro. Guessing you mean the SS, which is on the Zeta architecture.

Love AWD..................but it has to be full time. What GM currently offers does not count other than in the snow states.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #19
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Remember the 2001 pontiac g8 concept car,
350hp v8 maybe an ls4? and AWD. Looked pretty cool but I don't know if it actually drove.
Back in the day when those ls1s were rated at 320hp this seemed quite interesting.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:45 PM   #20
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I would love for the option of awd.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I would love for the option of awd.
There's a lot of potential benefit with AWD, and I think a whole lot of people in here would consider it if they took it on a road course or autocross. The Camaro is a "hugger" over its heritage, a vehicle that grips the road. AWD is a natural part of that heritage that simply has not been explored.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:09 AM   #22
thekid13
Christian Martinez

Drives: 2012 1LT RS Victory Red Camaro
@ number 3 that is what i meant to say. with cars so light and engine so powerful, to take "full" advantage, awd is key. I said impala ss simply so people could know what I was talking about. since whenever I mention ss people think I'm talking about camaro. But its pretty much the same car just rwd and v8 motor. now as far as supercar... IMO it takes more than 0-60 less than 3 secs, 600+hp, but also premium interior materials, like all leather handmade, no cheap flimsy plastic, extensive carbon fiber exterior, and lets not forget lightweight. I know I mentioned the veyron which is a beast in weight and yes a one trick pony for $2+mill, but a final consideration for super or even hyper car would be exclusivity. sesto elemento, veneno, fxx, etc. it sucks but again IMO there's nothing super about a million of the same model high performing cars. sorry in advance for being unclear, so many damm imo's, misinformation, grammatical errors, and being annoying in general
thekid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #23
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid13 View Post
@ number 3 that is what i meant to say. with cars so light and engine so powerful, to take "full" advantage, awd is key. I said impala ss simply so people could know what I was talking about. since whenever I mention ss people think I'm talking about camaro. But its pretty much the same car just rwd and v8 motor. now as far as supercar... IMO it takes more than 0-60 less than 3 secs, 600+hp, but also premium interior materials, like all leather handmade, no cheap flimsy plastic, extensive carbon fiber exterior, and lets not forget lightweight. I know I mentioned the veyron which is a beast in weight and yes a one trick pony for $2+mill, but a final consideration for super or even hyper car would be exclusivity. sesto elemento, veneno, fxx, etc. it sucks but again IMO there's nothing super about a million of the same model high performing cars. sorry in advance for being unclear, so many damm imo's, misinformation, grammatical errors, and being annoying in general
You were fine, I was just being picky..............or a d&%k

I would have no problem if GM offered a Full Time AWD Camaro. I'm sure it has even been considered on Corvette, but until they drastically change the architecture that won't happen.

Packaging AWD in a RWD car is very difficult. It is much more than just having the hardware.

I've driven a lot of Corvettes, and even a C6 could easily brake the rear tires loose in 3rd gear. It is light with a lot of engine and it's very easy to spin even super wide tires.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #24
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
style and functionality?..perhaps.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #25
Rakito
Thunderfury

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS M6 1/205
I think an AWD option would be nice for the Camaro is the Chevy SS, since more people are getting interested in AWD cars (my best friend's dad said that his daily driver will not have to have AWD because he enjoys the grip on the road). I've always imagined taking my LS V6, putting twins, and AWD and basically make it an American GT-R. I think a V6 AWD option would sell more than the V8 (again completely my opinion as for a Charger the AWD is only offered for R/T V8 not SRT8) for daily commuters who would like a little more grip in their daily driver. Just my two cents.
"Thunderfury"

Old Car:
"Blu Bee"
2011 Camaro LS Imperial Blue
HURST Short-Throw M6
--You will be missed good buddy--
Rakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #26
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
An LSA/LS9/LT4 powered AWD Gen 6 Camaro weighing around 4,000-4,200 lbs with 305 wide tires and 580-650hp would put Godzilla (GTR) in its place for 1/2 the cost. And not break if you launch it more than twice! I say its 2014 and about time Chevy shakes things up. Might make the 662hp GT500 everybody is talking about look rather silly!
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #27
SuperCarEnthusiast

Drives: N/A
AWD option would be a necessity for me in the Midwest! I could drive my Camaro all- year-round! I certainly consider buy a new one just for the AWD option alone!
SuperCarEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:01 AM   #28
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I would hope the Gen 6 weighs nowhere near 4,000 lbs.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation