Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #113
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
What about CTS tooling? IMO, they will put Camaro on CTS platform.
The CTS and ATS are on the same platform. If you mean wheelbase, then why? There is no reason to make such a long Camaro.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #114
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The CTS and ATS are on the same platform. If you mean wheelbase, then why? There is no reason to make such a long Camaro.
I don't know anything about the manufacturing process...i just drive them.

if the Body Shop Tooling is the same for ATS and CTS then so be it...i don't know what Body Shop Tooling is, so when one states ATS then i say...what about CTS...if the proper term is "Alpha" body shop tooling...then ok...i get it is ATS and CTS.

Many people believe it is going on CTS wheelbase, if not...cool, if so ...cool...

Is there a reason there is a long CTS-V? If there is no reason they should get rid of it no?
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #115
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I don't know anything about the manufacturing process...i just drive them.

if the Body Shop Tooling is the same for ATS and CTS then so be it...i don't know what Body Shop Tooling is, so when one states ATS then i say...what about CTS...if the proper term is "Alpha" body shop tooling...then ok...i get it is ATS and CTS.

Many people believe it is going on CTS wheelbase, if not...cool, if so ...cool...

Is there a reason there is a long CTS-V? If there is no reason they should get rid of it no?
The CTS, and its variants, is that long to compete with cars in that segment. So, yes there is a reason the CTS is on a long wheel base. The Camaro doesn't need the room. Why penalize it with the extra weight of the longer car if it doesn't need it?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #116
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The CTS, and its variants, is that long to compete with cars in that segment. So, yes there is a reason the CTS is on a long wheel base. The Camaro doesn't need the room. Why penalize it with the extra weight of the longer car if it doesn't need it?
Gotcha.

Now i guess we wait and see what GM is doing...hope they release stuff sooner than later.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:59 PM   #117
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider13 View Post
I haven't seen this yet, so I will throw out my ¢2.

First, I am prob in the minority, but I love the big "boat-ish" feel of my Camaro.

I hope GM does not choose a "universal" look for the next gen like Ford has with the Mustang. (Just a butt ugly car that looks similar to Ford Taurus SHO with a longer nose and 2 doors *sigh*)

Everyone says, "Ford is a TRUE American car due to no bail out."

IMHO, making a car that shy's away from American styling to sell more global units is an equal sell-out.

So I hope whatever GM has in store, they do not follow this tragic lead.
Ford is moving with the times. I don't agree with the styling, which is why I bought my 2014 GT when I did. I could have waited a few months and paid cash for it when the 2015 came out, but I feel they went backwards with the styling to make it a "global" car. It is what it is. Lots of people will like the new Mustang. I don't. Perhaps I am getting old, but some designs never grow "stale".

Personally I think Ford stole the headlights from the 4th gen mustang, the grille from the Fusion, and whatever they did to the backend is just meh.

But then again I also think GM took away the classic rear tail lamps on the early Camaro's and tweaked them and stuck them on the C7 Corvette...
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote