Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Adrenaline12

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS
Harassment from dealership... what would you do?

So this thread link is a back round of what happened. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299540
I think William R. from Chevy Customer service did the best he could, and that was appreciated . So I ended buying new tires for my car.

I left a review for the dealership on dealerrater because I didn't like the way the handled their business. The same day that I posted I get a call from their CRC director, saying " When adults buy cars they.....and went on in a demeaning manner." I've deployed over seas a couple of times I was in the Marine Corps for 5 years so don't give me that bs. I know how to handle business honorably and follow through.
Later in the convo he said he'd meet me half way with tires but never called back after that.

Then today I get this huge text from my dealer saying your a bitch, real men handle things face to face etc... I went back and forth to the dealership multiple times the first month of owning the car and every time it was come another day. Im disgusted with them and its been 2-3 months since i bought the car and I'm still being harassed its ridiculous. what would you guys do at this point?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline12 View Post
So this thread link is a back round of what happened. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299540
I think William R. from Chevy Customer service did the best he could, and that was appreciated . So I ended buying new tires for my car.

Then today I get this huge text from my dealer saying your a bitch, real men handle things face to face etc...
This is called harassment. Notify GM Customer service and the manager of the dealership. If you feel up to it notify the local media/blogs.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
did you say they texted the message to you - enough evidence right there to really sink their GM status. I would also let the local media show them real men.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
He actually called you names!? I would talk to a lawyer and media. I would make an example of them. If you have the time though. Good luck!
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Answer this question before you do ANYTHING: Do you still want to deal with them? If not, then ignore it, block it and never go back. If you do, find the OWNER and show him/her the texts. I guarantee if (s)he's not a dickhole too, (s)he'll make it right. And a cheesedick saleman will be looking for a new job.

You seemed to have learned a very hard lesson about unscrupulous car salesman. Get EVERYTHING in writing as to what the dealer will do. Trust me, they get you to sign everything in writing as to what YOUR end of the bargain is. If they're serious, they'll write it down. If not, don't trust them.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I would not involve the media. I would call or write the owner of the dealership a letter with the proof of the text messages and explain your position. Then I would say if I get one more call, text, letter or any kind of contact from your dealership again I will file a lawsuit for harassment.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
JEFF75645

Drives: his wife crazy buying mods
Also be sure to protect the messages so they don't accidentally get deleted after so many days. My phone deletes messages after 15 days. Good luck
Old 07-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Did you get a "we owe" in writing at time of purchase? If not then move on. Send them a registered letter asking for zero further communication by phone, text or email. Ask to limit any and all communication to snail mail for recall purposes. If they do not comply after receipt of letter then report them. If you didn't get replacement tiree in writing you have zero legs to stand on.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
Adrenaline12

Yea I have the text saved, I'm worried this guy might pull up my address and do something to my property. Would you guys recommend I call Chevy Customer Service or try to find the manager contact info first and go that route?
Old 07-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Did they literally say those things? I would notify the manager or GM directly. They have no need to speak to a customer like that, and it doesn't matter if they don't like you or not. Dealerships are a professional business and they should act that way, not all of this immature crap people post all the time. Some dealerships are great, others need to get their priorities straight.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
Adrenaline12

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Did you get a "we owe" in writing at time of purchase? If not then move on. Send them a registered letter asking for zero further communication by phone, text or email. Ask to limit any and all communication to snail mail for recall purposes. If they do not comply after receipt of letter then report them. If you didn't get replacement tiree in writing you have zero legs to stand on.
Hard lesson learned, I agree. But the Harassment is uncalled for.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
Adrenaline12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
Did they literally say those things? I would notify the manager or GM directly. They have no need to speak to a customer like that, and it doesn't matter if they don't like you or not. Dealerships are a professional business and they should act that way, not all of this immature crap people post all the time. Some dealerships are great, others need to get their priorities straight.
Very unprofessional of them.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #13
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
You have absolutely no reason to let this harassment slide. At the very least notify GM and the manager of the dealership.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
Del's12SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Thanks for the site, I had been wondering a way to voice my displeasure with my stealership!!!!!