Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-19-2024, 11:11 AM   #309
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Sounds good! Your car's going to rip after that stuff. If you can run enough E', it seems like you could be well into the 700s.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 01:59 PM   #310
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
Thanks radz28!

So, this brings up another question that the answer could simply be based on the known facts, I don't know!

Should I, or rather, would you: Swap out the stock upper pulley with a Griptech 2.3 if nothing else will be done for additional cooling?

I've read a lot about the computer pulling timing due to additional heat soak and you could actually hurt the HP vs making it more.

Actually I do plan on doing the 2gal fender tank, but not sure that will counter act the additional heat soak. I don't track the car so that isn't a factor.

So, is it best to leave the stock pulley on and just get the supercharge ported and polished and add the 103mm TB vs doing all that and swapping the stock upper for the Griptech 2.3?

Thanks
2023 ZL1 A10 - CSP 2" Long Tube Headers by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port/Polish w/Griptech 2.3" Upper | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Granatelli 0 Ohm Plug Wires | Katech Valve Covers w/Coil Relocation | FI Interchillers Blower Spacer Plates | Mighty Mouse Mild | JMS Flex Fuel Booster | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | AEM w/b AFR | Banks iDash Data Monster | HPTuners MPVi3 Module and Licenses (ECU & CCM) | Remote Tuned by Ted at JRE
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 07:23 PM   #311
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: I was able to get the SC off tonight and it's ready to packed up and ship! Also, I was greatly surprised and very pleased when I took the SC lid off! The Might Mouse most be doing a great job, as I didn't find any oil under the lid! Also a few pics of "before" sending it off to Kong!
Attached Images

2023 ZL1 A10 - CSP 2" Long Tube Headers by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port/Polish w/Griptech 2.3" Upper | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Granatelli 0 Ohm Plug Wires | Katech Valve Covers w/Coil Relocation | FI Interchillers Blower Spacer Plates | Mighty Mouse Mild | JMS Flex Fuel Booster | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | AEM w/b AFR | Banks iDash Data Monster | HPTuners MPVi3 Module and Licenses (ECU & CCM) | Remote Tuned by Ted at JRE
Old 03-21-2024, 05:57 PM   #312
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: Kong shipping box and the NW 103mm TB showed up today ! Let me tell'ya, this is one SEXY throttle body! I'll ship my SC and the Griptech 2.3 pulley to Kong tomorrow! Also, order a set of blower space plates from Forced Induction Interchillers, they should be here Monday or Tuesday! As well, I ordered a under blower thermal reduction blanket from CSP Racing today! Plan on installing the DMS 2g Fender tank this weekend!
Attached Images

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 03-21-2024 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:54 PM   #313
23VIVIDORANGE1LE

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
Update: Just as promised, FedEx delivered the new Stainless Works Axle back today around noon! I won't have a chance to install them until after this coming week. But, I plan on doing my best to record different audio from the Corsa Xtreme NPP and the new Stainless Works NPP. Now I just have to put the Corsa's on Facebook Market Place !
What axle back did you have on the car before this? How was the sound? I have MBRP axle back and I'm in the process of building a max effort NA 416. I know it's going to be very loud.
23VIVIDORANGE1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:13 PM   #314
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Update: Kong shipping box and the NW 103mm TB showed up today ! Let me tell'ya, this is one SEXY throttle body! I'll ship my SC and the Griptech 2.3 pulley to Kong tomorrow! Also, order a set of blower space plates from Forced Induction Interchillers, they should be here Monday or Tuesday! As well, I ordered a under blower thermal reduction blanket from CSP Racing today! Plan on installing the DMS 2g Fender tank this weekend!

DAMN, THAT THING IS SEXY!!!

Love how your build is coming together !!!!
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 06:15 PM   #315
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23VIVIDORANGE1LE View Post
What axle back did you have on the car before this? How was the sound? I have MBRP axle back and I'm in the process of building a max effort NA 416. I know it's going to be very loud.
I had the Corsa Xtreme NPP. I didn't dislike them per se. I switched them out because I think with my 2" long tubes, it made the Corsa Xtreme sound a bit hollow/tin can'ish sounding and it was wow loud and much louder than the Stainless Works another Zl1 had that I heard at a car's and coffee meet up. Here is a link to my Google Drive, there are two clips for the Corsa Xtreme and the Stainless Works at idle. You should be able to hear a difference.

See photo below it will shows the two files for the comparison!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...u6?usp=sharing
Attached Images

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 03-23-2024 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:20 PM   #316
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: Installed fender tank today! Took me about an hour to get everything done except the final coolant hose. I’ll need the blower back to from Kong and get it reinstalled to make sure the length is correct before I cut it and add the fittings. The tank cap is very easy to reach, and DMS include a zig-zag funnel that perfectly reached the fit cap! Also, I used AN fittings I picked up a Racdtronix! These connectors give a more factory look and I added a tee with pressurized cap. This will be the easy way to bleed the air out of the loop.
Attached Images

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 03-24-2024 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:13 AM   #317
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Well done! You made quick work of that! I LOVE their kit !!!
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 09:52 AM   #318
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: Just got off the phone with Greg at Kong. We talked through several things with my mods and what my goal is down the road. After that conversation, I decided to X-Port the blower vs standard. So that's that! He should be shipping the blower back to me next Thursday!
Old 03-29-2024, 10:20 AM   #319
radz28
Petro-sexual

AWESOME. That fender tank looks good!!! Please take lots of pics' of the blower - as many as you might take the time to take. I'm very interested in exactly the differences (I know you can't show the standard, but I think there's enough out there already) that make up the difference.

Did he mention any downsides, mechanically, or anything? I've heard people imply there could be some trade-off in longevity...

Looking great! Keep up the great work!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-29-2024, 10:52 AM   #320
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
AWESOME. That fender tank looks good!!! Please take lots of pics' of the blower - as many as you might take the time to take. I'm very interested in exactly the differences (I know you can't show the standard, but I think there's enough out there already) that make up the difference.

Did he mention any downsides, mechanically, or anything? I've heard people imply there could be some trade-off in longevity...

Looking great! Keep up the great work!
radz28 ! Thanks! Greg and I actually talked about would there be any downside with X-port for my car. Basically there are none. Greg was great to talk to and he explain a few things I understood incorrectly. We talked over my concerns regarding: any issues concerning detonation, too high of boost, 93 vs E mix, heat soak/cooling and if there would be an issue having a 2.3" upper only. But, he was confident that X-port will be best for my build! It seems it will only raise the bar for what I can do now and down the road. The X-port will help my engine get a lot more volume of air that is currently what is limiting my boost and power now. I should be able to sustain the max boost my blower makes all the way through my RPM range with X-port vs seeing the boost fall off after a certain point. My biggest worry was maybe detonation (not sure where I picked up that worry from). But more so, I was worried about only having a 2.3" upper and stock lower. He didn't see any issue with anything I was doing or any of my mods! I'm crazy excited to get it back and get it back on the car! I'll take a ton of photos!

Last edited by 2023_ZL1-AUTO; 04-04-2024 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:43 AM   #321
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
radz28 ! Thanks! Greg and I actually talked about would there be any downside with X-port for my car. Basically there are none. Greg was great to talk to and he explain a few things I understood incorrectly. We talked over my concerns regarding: any issues concerning detonation, too high of boost, 93 vs E mix, heat soak/cooling and if there would be an issue having a 2.3" upper only. But, he was confident that X-port will be best for my build! It seems it will only raise the bar for what I can do now and down the road. The X-port will help my engine get a lot more volume of air that is probably limiting my boot and power now. I should be able to sustain the max boost my blower makes all the way through my RPM range with X-port vs seeing the boot fall off after a certain point. My biggest worry was maybe detonation (not sure where I picked up that worry from). But more so, I was worried about only having a 2.3" upper and stock lower. He didn't see any issue with anything I was doing or any of my mods! I'm crazy excited to get it back and get it back on the car! I'll take a ton of photos!
He'd be the guy to answer those kinds of questions, so that's all good to hear. People are making killer power with those little guys, and still have the benefit of hitting really hard down low, were 2650s just aren't coming on yet. Moving the power a little higher, like the X-ports do, might help a little with traction on the hit, too. I only really had a concern of carving out so much of the blower case, around bearings and bearing supports, that it might impact the life of the bearings, case, or rotors, but it isn't like I had any finite analysis done or anything, so it was just a really uninformed question.

Looking forward to your progress!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 04-04-2024, 09:53 AM   #322
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Update: Got an email from Kong that my blower is being shipped back today!