Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 AM   #15
Robd
Robs SS

Drives: 2011 camaro ss synergy
I'm in!!! Any route any trip
Robd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:40 AM   #16
JJ Knight

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I might be able to make it. I have out of town guests that may be coming in around that time. Unfortunately they can't give me a firm date.
JJ Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #17
Victory1

Drives: 2010 RJT, 2012 Sierra 4x4, 89 RJT
Quote:
I'm open for the 17th! And Going To The Sun Road was closed in July? Did they say why? It would be getting tight to get up there in September. I believe they close the road sometime in September...the end of maybe? But yes...we could very well run into snow up there. I've seen snow at the summit in July and August

They had a huge snowfall in June. Snow drifts were anywhere from 25 to 50 feet deep! We saw pictures of earth moving equipment clearing the road and they were only able to clear 500 feet per day. I think they finally opened on the 14th.

Eureka is a quant. Nice road from the Elko turnoff to the boarder. Not much traffic and you can open it up.
Victory1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #18
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
just checked Going To The Sun Road closes Sept 18 for construction so still a possiblity but iffy........great news theres plenty of amazing roads and routes in Montana.............starting to narrow things down, checking hotels/motels that will give us group rates etc.
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #19
bumblebee rules

Drives: 2010 BumbleBee ready to go now
Did you get in touch with your "room mate" we may need help parking again and he helped alot ... Also with the comic relief LOL .............(PP) .............. :-)
We found "IT" Check us out at www.wildcountrypowersports.ca Alberta's newest and Barrhead's LARGEST Polaris Dealer .... Oh yeah AND Honda .... lol AND as of just lately Yamaha .... Now we can pay for gas again :-)

CAN NOT WAIT TILL SPRING !!!!!!!!!!! Until Then BBBRRRAAAPPPPPPPPPP
bumblebee rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #20
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee rules View Post
Did you get in touch with your "room mate" we may need help parking again and he helped alot ... Also with the comic relief LOL .............(PP) .............. :-)
I think I sent PM's to everyone involved in any previous cruise........tried not to miss anyone

I'm not going to live down being a good samaritan and ensuring the young man didn't sleep in his car am I
Old 08-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #21
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Ok so it looks like Montana is the way to go. We still have a few options this way as well and any feed back would be greatly appreciated. If at all possible I think it would be nice if we could all stay at the same hotels makes getting together for dinner and maybe a couple pops easier. Also with a little notice because we will be a group I may be able to get some discounts for lodging/food etc.

So how does this sound........

Friday evening Leave Calgary and Drive to Eureka Montana (about 4 hours)

Saturday cruise around Montana hitting up Quinn s Hot Springs (I hear this is a speedo only hotspings ) and ending in either Kalispell or Whitefish for the night

Sunday through Glacier and back home

if anyone has a favorite spot or recommendation for Saturday let me know if not I will continue to research the best place to accommodate us
Old 08-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #22
thump426er

Drives: Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory1 View Post

They had a huge snowfall in June. Snow drifts were anywhere from 25 to 50 feet deep! We saw pictures of earth moving equipment clearing the road and they were only able to clear 500 feet per day. I think they finally opened on the 14th.

Eureka is a quant. Nice road from the Elko turnoff to the boarder. Not much traffic and you can open it up.
Ya, HUGE snow,,,, I was still sledding in July down there!!!!

The Revenue Collecting Motorized Patrol (RCMP) seem to have renewed interest in this road from Elko to the border. I used to never see them along here, now they hang out in the valley bridge over the Elk River and even in the 80 zone in the reserve. I'm down 2/3 times a month and they are hot for this road now because the vacationing Albertans clip a good speed here (except me of course) so they must be rolling in cash and cars now.

I would probably pick the around glacier route as I do this quite often on the bike and love it (not going to the sun for me just because traffic is usually a big hold up) however haven't had a chance yet this year, but based on Victory 1's comment on the road maybe not a good idea??? I'm actually doing a version of the saturday options this weekend with a few buddies with rustangs and we had planned on maybe going around glacier back so hmmmm.... we'll see. I can give some extra feedback monday if we go that way.

If the road has fallen apart around glacier (Victory 1 was it everything or just spots through the edge of the reserve??? I rip that road hard on the gixxer thou and there is usually only the twisty shortcut that has a few miles of rough patchwork to keep an eye out for then the rest has always been decent) then the radium way back would be better. My .02 on that would be a 2 nighter in Eureka if going back through radium. If road acceptable though, around glacier would be my 1st choice personally and would suggest the sat night be whitefish/kali overnight and adjust the saturday loop accordingly.

Either way though, saturday morning ya gotta have breaky at Jax in Eureka. Great breakfast, well, great dinners too considering the chef spent 4 years at chef school in Italy. The live music at night may be over by then though (I'll check this weekend).
Old 08-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #23
thump426er

Drives: Z06
oh ya did someone say sledding??,,, sorry can't resist when I hear that word.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #24
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
No can do guys as covering the weekends for a coworkers holidays and being as he's holidaying I'm oncall from the 12 thru 24th. I only request TAKE LOTSA PICS .
DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #25
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
What wayne said! Lol
Working that weekend so Im out. Great travels though ya'll!!

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:49 AM   #26
Dblock5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Don't have passport LOL. Sorry guys! Have fun tho! Maybe next year
Old 08-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #27
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Layla....if you need help with any planning....I can help and I am sure others here would be willing as well
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #28
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
Layla....if you need help with any planning....I can help and I am sure others here would be willing as well
Thanks Kim! any inputs great I don't want to plan anything that people wouldn't want to do