Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #519
Pckrfan795

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey ZL1M6
I cant speak for anyone else's experience with CAI but I have found mine to be as good as one could hope for. They didn't have to develop their whistle eliminator but damn I'm glad they did. Install was easy and straight forward.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:25 AM   #520
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmAnt13 View Post
You're right, no competitors shouldn't have to help others and I don't expect them to. However CAI could still sell this part and make a profit. Hell they could make 200% profit on such a small piece.
But rather they require this "fix" for their product only.

And CAI, I am justified in my request because while I don't hear a whistle with my Mishimoto, I would be intrigued if the tone changed with your eliminator and would spend money with you to experiment and report to the forum as a forum member should.
You certainly can ask CAI, but a PM to CAI Sales with your request would have been a better forum approach than taking this thread off topic.

I also think you would have been better off taking this request to Mishimoto. I am sure they also want to satisfy thier customers. Peace.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #521
Steel_Rain

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
I had the CAI system on my 45th Anniversary HPE650. It was amazing! Now that I have the 2016 SS, I am hoping Santa will be good to me and get me one for this ride. The so called whistle never bothered me (probably because I could not hear it over the exhaust and supercharger). Hehehe The quality, look, and finish of the CAI system is everything I could hope for...not to mention, the speed shop I took the car to for some additional upgrade could not keep a steady air/fuel mixture for the tune until I changed out the cold air intake it came with to the CAI system. Once the CAI system was installed (about 20-30 minutes total), the tune was done and the car was awesome!!! I can't wait to get the next one.
Steel_Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #522
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
You certainly can ask CAI, but a PM to CAI Sales with your request would have been a better forum approach than taking this thread off topic.

I also think you would have been better off taking this request to Mishimoto. I am sure they also want to satisfy thier customers. Peace.
Yeah I can respect that. Sorry it got off topic.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #523
USA1SS

Drives: Without a toy right now.
I installed my new CAI system last nite and I am really impressed with the quality of construction and ease of installation. The directions are very easy to follow and the fit and finish are top notch. Took the car out for a drive and it sure feels a lot stronger then it did before the install. I am very well pleased with my decision to install this set up from Cold Air Inductions. Very nice addition for the money. Thanks guys.
USA1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:04 PM   #524
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Hyper16, you obviously have some reason to bash Cold Air Inductions, Inc., and trust me we have our theories, which we have now confirmed. WE read the posts you put on a competitors threads and we know you never owned our truck system 10 years ago. You have absolutely lied to diminish our product and for that you should be permanently banned from the forum. We know for a 100% fact that you fabricated the story about the whistle on your Silverado. WE DID NOT START SELLING TRUCK SYSTEMS UNTIL 2012. WE DO NOT NEED TO LOOK ANY FURTHER, WE KNOW WHAT YOUR AGENDA IS.
I am the first to admit when I am wrong. I was positive I had a CAI system on my Silverado. Have been trying to find photos but I changed computers several times since they were taken. However, if you say you didn't start making them until 2012, I must have been mistaken and for that I apologize.

The only agenda I have is to give kudos to the vendors that assist me. The vendor you are referring to went above and beyond to assist me. Therefore, I will give them a good word whenever I can. I don't know what 'theories' you have but trust me, they are wrong.

In any event, I still think your business practice as it relates to the whistle eliminator is flawed.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #525
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
I am the first to admit when I am wrong. I was positive I had a CAI system on my Silverado. Have been trying to find photos but I changed computers several times since they were taken. However, if you say you didn't start making them until 2012, I must have been mistaken and for that I apologize.

The only agenda I have is to give kudos to the vendors that assist me. The vendor you are referring to went above and beyond to assist me. Therefore, I will give them a good word whenever I can. I don't know what 'theories' you have but trust me, they are wrong.

In any event, I still think your business practice as it relates to the whistle eliminator is flawed.
Bottom line, you didn't own our truck system and you don't own our Camaro system. Yet, you feel compelled to falsely bash both products. Our business practice is to take care of our customers, actual owners of Cold Air Inductions, Inc. products. Thank you!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:59 PM   #526
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA1SS View Post
I installed my new CAI system last nite and I am really impressed with the quality of construction and ease of installation. The directions are very easy to follow and the fit and finish are top notch. Took the car out for a drive and it sure feels a lot stronger then it did before the install. I am very well pleased with my decision to install this set up from Cold Air Inductions. Very nice addition for the money. Thanks guys.
Thank you for recognizing the high end quality and the performance that our Cold Air Inductions, Inc. system provides, those are two of our must haves. I will pass on the note about the instructions to our instruction team that takes, they will be happy to hear that they are well received.
Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2016, 07:26 AM   #527
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Rain View Post
I had the CAI system on my 45th Anniversary HPE650. It was amazing! Now that I have the 2016 SS, I am hoping Santa will be good to me and get me one for this ride. The so called whistle never bothered me (probably because I could not hear it over the exhaust and supercharger). Hehehe The quality, look, and finish of the CAI system is everything I could hope for...not to mention, the speed shop I took the car to for some additional upgrade could not keep a steady air/fuel mixture for the tune until I changed out the cold air intake it came with to the CAI system. Once the CAI system was installed (about 20-30 minutes total), the tune was done and the car was awesome!!! I can't wait to get the next one.
Thank you for the great product review! We are looking forward to you adding our Cold Air Inductions, Inc. system again!!

Last edited by Sales @ CAI Inc; 09-29-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #528
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Don't own a CAI but hope to have one.... I applaud the innovation and interest to build or make a product for us Camaro owners.

Thank you.
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #529
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
anyone interested in a used (1500miles) CAI intake for their 2016 camaro just send me a DM. GREAT product but im selling my car!
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:46 PM   #530
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwarlock View Post
Don't own a CAI but hope to have one.... I applaud the innovation and interest to build or make a product for us Camaro owners.

Thank you.
Thank you for the kind words!!! The sales volume for this product and the customer satisfaction have both exceeded our expectations. We are tremendous fans of the Camaro!!
Old 05-18-2017, 04:31 PM   #531
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I bought a system in black last month from RPI Designs and am very happy with your top quality system for my '16 2SS!! The fit, finish, ease of installation and performance gain are excellent and worth the money I spent for it. Thanks CAI!!!!
Old 05-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #532
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
I bought a system in black last month from RPI Designs and am very happy with your top quality system for my '16 2SS!! The fit, finish, ease of installation and performance gain are excellent and worth the money I spent for it. Thanks CAI!!!!
Thank you very much Greg. We are glad to hear that you are very happy with the Cold Air Inductions, Inc. 6th Gen V8 system!!

Tags
6th gen camaro, 6th gen intake, camaro intake, camaro6, hyper blue