Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #1
vaspen

Drives: 2017 l4 blue 6speed
coilovers are on my 2.0t 17

well ill be posting my install of it there already on and it was quite simple for being my first time ever doing a install of coilovers granite yes I know there cheapies but I figured yet again id be part of the Guinea pig group before anyone else buys them so they know what to expect
yes there godspeed mono ss 8/12k

my initial feeling was little stiffer and not too horrible on bounces
I was very meticulous on setting heights in the rear and got it just right the first time front not so much 23mm?from bottom collar to edge of perch ?
kit will drop about 2.5 max in the rear (with all rubber and stuff on car )
for 4cyl guys the front will drop about a inch at max drop on 220?mm springs id think v6 and 8 guy wont have this issue

(on godspeeds site it says 220mm on the guy I got them from says 200mm sooooooo I need to measure them lol)
they sell a 180mm spring ima buy that should give me another 2in or get the spring from summit 150mm that would give me like 4 inches lol
I have my preloads at 9.5mm in the rear for the shocks
and 13mm for the fronts on the 7th click
only thing I can do to possibly get more low without spending $ is to up my preload in the fronts by 5-10mm that will give me a total of 24mm left to go lower without sacrificing ride quality
my buddys 350z has b.c on his and it rides so harsh u need a chiropractor

for those that say u should haave got the b.c's well screw them .... was treated like a idiot and could not get the answer I was asking
no way for a sales dep to treat someone looking for springs to BUY from them .... I set up my coilovers properly and adjusted them by turning them down through the lower half all measured by digital caliper or micrometer whatever u wana call it NOT by lowering the spring and shortening my shock travel (what he kept assuming I was doing even tho I kept telling him I wasn't)
vaspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #2
Mjollnir

Drives: 2017 1LS White
Hey Vaspen,

Thanks for going first and taking one for the 2.0T team!
Any issues with the installation as godspeed only mentions SS on their website and I've
always been curious about fitting coilovers between models.

Thanks again and congrats!
-BN
Mjollnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
vaspen

I would order them with the 180 mm springs if you can off the bat but literally zero fitment issues I did up my front preload to about 17-20 mm to give me more room to lower it so far with the setup being only 100 miles max on it probably will settle a little more yet front is about 1inch lower from stock (maxed out on low with 220 mm springs what godspeed ships them with ...)
the 10mm preload they suggest felt a little firmer but at 18ish mm preload they feel muuuuuch better now and no its still not a buck board it takes bumps a bit firmer but not stupid unbearable like my budz z350
Old 02-19-2018, 01:56 AM   #4
vaspen

Update the springs were 220 mm and i bought the 180 mm springs that made the car sit perfect (ly low) lol
With the 180 mm springs fender sits 26inches all round from fender to ground
https://ibb.co/cD6eGS

Last edited by vaspen; 02-19-2018 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Dam pic link
Old 02-19-2018, 02:00 AM   #5
vaspen

[IMG][/IMG]