Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #85
FoCoCamaro

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE (Krypton Green)
As luck would have it, the day my dealer calls to tell me my car is the day I leave town for work. At ,east it will be waiting for me when I get back,
FoCoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #86
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoCoCamaro View Post
As luck would have it, the day my dealer calls to tell me my car is the day I leave town for work. At ,east it will be waiting for me when I get back,
Good luck when you get back. I'm running into more delays. It's looking like I'll be getting the car in early June. The car is still sitting at a railyard in Illinois. I have no idea what is causing the delay. Making matters worse the transport company can't pick it up till after 5/21. It could take another week to get it back up here to the Northeast. I'm so over this.
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #87
FoCoCamaro

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE (Krypton Green)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroaddemons View Post
Good luck when you get back. I'm running into more delays. It's looking like I'll be getting the car in early June. The car is still sitting at a railyard in Illinois. I have no idea what is causing the delay. Making matters worse the transport company can't pick it up till after 5/21. It could take another week to get it back up here to the Northeast. I'm so over this.
Keep the faith. It will be so worth the wait when you final take possession.
FoCoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #88
FERRARI

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Auto
As of yesterday (05/01) morning, my Z was (still) at the CSX TDSI facility in New Boston, MI waiting for a steam locomotive for the haul eastward across the fruited plain and Appalachian mountains. For some strange reason, the other ZL1 that was ordered at the same time by the (same) dealer is here. Go figure.

"here" = at the dealer in Massachusetts
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
2004 Pontiac GTO
2006 Pontiac GTO

Last edited by FERRARI; 05-02-2017 at 08:20 PM.
FERRARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:27 PM   #89
crossroaddemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRARI View Post
As of yesterday (05/01) morning, my Z was (still) at the CSX TDSI facility in New Boston, MI waiting for a steam locomotive for the haul eastward across the fruited plain and Appalachian mountains. For some strange reason, the other ZL1 that was ordered at the same time by the (same) dealer is here. Go figure.

"here" = at the dealer in Massachusetts
I've been documenting my latest experience with shipping from the plant and subsequently with the transport company once it leaves the dealer. My personal story isn't typical but when I'm done I will summarize the last 18 months for those that wish to order a car. There have been a lot of roadblocks along the way. Nothing has stopped me albeit they have slowed my progress despite all of my best efforts. I would not encourage anyone to follow in my footsteps. The journey has been long and hard. This is not for those that lack consternation.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:04 AM   #90
eddie c
BOAT SALESMAN

Drives: 2017 Hyper Conv, CFH, ZL1, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroaddemons View Post
I've been documenting my latest experience with shipping from the plant and subsequently with the transport company once it leaves the dealer. My personal story isn't typical but when I'm done I will summarize the last 18 months for those that wish to order a car. There have been a lot of roadblocks along the way. Nothing has stopped me albeit they have slowed my progress despite all of my best efforts. I would not encourage anyone to follow in my footsteps. The journey has been long and hard. This is not for those that lack consternation.
Our order was accepted 4/8, built 4/18 and delivered 4/28. Been enjoying the car all week. Up to 500 miles now. Window tinting tonight, car show this weekend. You will love it even more when you get it!
Old 05-03-2017, 05:12 PM   #91
crossroaddemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie c View Post
Our order was accepted 4/8, built 4/18 and delivered 4/28. Been enjoying the car all week. Up to 500 miles now. Window tinting tonight, car show this weekend. You will love it even more when you get it!
It's obvious the location of where you live plays a big factor. Perhaps I should have had you order my car for me.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #92
FERRARI

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Auto
Latest: my ZL1 is supposedly on a moving train heading for the Selkirk, NY classification yard. Selkirk is south of Albany, NY and this is where trains from the west are uncoupled with those cars heading south to NYC separated from those continuing east to Massachusetts. I'm passing this information along as part of our accumulating database for expectant members to understand there own delivery issues. I won' be celebrating until I actually hit the Start button. By the way, I am in full sympathy with Crossroaddemons and may share my own so far 20 month wait for a ZL1 once I actually have it.
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
2004 Pontiac GTO
2006 Pontiac GTO
FERRARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #93
crossroaddemons

Quote:
Latest: my ZL1 is supposedly on a moving train heading for the Selkirk, NY classification yard. Selkirk is south of Albany, NY and this is where trains from the west are uncoupled with those cars heading south to NYC separated from those continuing east to Massachusetts. I'm passing this information along as part of our accumulating database for expectant members to understand there own delivery issues. I won' be celebrating until I actually hit the Start button. By the way, I am in full sympathy with Crossroaddemons and may share my own so far 20 month wait for a ZL1 once I actually have it.
I'm with you on this. There's is a lot to understand regarding movement of a vehicle from start to finish. While there was a lot of downtime over the first few days my car has been in transit almost nonstop today. While you or I could drive several hundred miles a day it's important to understand the railroad stops could take hours when you consider the adding of freight cars and moving them around. That time adds up so despite having no traffic to deal with the rails can be rather slow. Additionally I would point out that your car may go in the opposite direction just so the train can load or unload near a major hub. I did not expect to see my car in Calumet City. Jake and Elroy said it was in good hands. The engineer said something about being on a mission from God.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #94
eddie c
BOAT SALESMAN

Windows got tinted today
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #95
GingaNinja

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS; 6M, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Wow, only 20 days!!
GingaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #96
popsmk

Drives: 2017 ZL1 MBM Coupe
Quote:
Latest: my ZL1 is supposedly on a moving train heading for the Selkirk, NY classification yard. Selkirk is south of Albany, NY and this is where trains from the west are uncoupled with those cars heading south to NYC separated from those continuing east to Massachusetts. I'm passing this information along as part of our accumulating database for expectant members to understand...
Next stop East Brookfield, MA. My ZL1 is sitting there now awaiting dispatch. I sat in Lansing for over three weeks before I moved to the rail yard. Glad you seem to be moving a little quicker.

1000 - 03/09 // 2000 - 03/11 // 3000 - 03/15 // 3400 - 03/17 // 4300 - 03/31
4B00
- 04/01 // 4200 - 04/26 // 4800 - 05/03 // 5000 - 05/08 // 6000 - 05/09
popsmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:11 AM   #97
eddie c
BOAT SALESMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingaNinja View Post
Wow, only 20 days!!
Very lucky to get the car that quick. We decided we wanted it a few months before April, but that is when our order was accepted.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:35 AM   #98
crossroaddemons

Quote:
Very lucky to get the car that quick. We decided we wanted it a few months before April, but that is when our order was accepted.
We decided we wanted the car last year so GM decided not to build it until it was a year old for us. It's the first brand new used car we've bought in 16 years.