Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #57
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
Heck, I hate stretching payments even up to 60 months forget about 84 ,,,,,,,,, Yikes ..... but as prices keep climbing, I guess you really need a long term payment plan but not for me ...
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #58
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Once the election is over, EXPECT the rates to go up. Yellen playing politics
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:14 PM   #59
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
So, $43K for a 2015 2SS in June of last year means they saw me coming? Or is it because Mustangs are eating our lunch in sales?

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 10-06-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:59 PM   #60
cooden

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS & '15 Durango R/T
I just bought a brand new 2016 2SS (Summit White, Adrenaline Red, A8) for $29,444. MSRP was $44,305--that's 33% off MSRP. Needless to say, I'm super excited about picking this car up at that price!!!!
cooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #61
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Are the 2017's on the street? If I recall, you didn't see the 16's until, what, Christmastime last year? I didn't want to wait but it's hard to believe I could have saved 14 grand if I did. I think they thought the 16 would sell better. Good on ya y'all.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:28 AM   #62
kasperdsmk

Drives: Hopeful 2017 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
I just bought a brand new 2016 2SS (Summit White, Adrenaline Red, A8) for $29,444. MSRP was $44,305--that's 33% off MSRP. Needless to say, I'm super excited about picking this car up at that price!!!!
Stop it. This is in no offense b.s i dont believe that. I want to see the deal. The only way this is even close to possible. Is if it was 20% Tag. and was a Demo at the dealership meaning it has 2500 plus miles on it, which then most dealers can discount another 2500ish price on.. and then u haggled them some more on top of that. Best deals ive ever seen is about 10k to 11koff. Your Claiming almost 15k.

In the same respect if you did pull a deal off like this im super jealous and congrats to you. (the dealer took a lost im sure of that)
kasperdsmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:11 AM   #63
cooden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperdsmk View Post
Stop it. This is in no offense b.s i dont believe that. I want to see the deal. The only way this is even close to possible. Is if it was 20% Tag. and was a Demo at the dealership meaning it has 2500 plus miles on it, which then most dealers can discount another 2500ish price on.. and then u haggled them some more on top of that. Best deals ive ever seen is about 10k to 11koff. Your Claiming almost 15k.

In the same respect if you did pull a deal off like this im super jealous and congrats to you. (the dealer took a lost im sure of that)
Kasper, the deal is real--no bs. I was working with my local Chevy sales guy and he said he would dealer trade for a '16 and then apply the bonus tag for me. He found me two cars. One was silver with red that stickered for $49K and a white with red (the one mentioned above that I bought). I went to show my wife pictures of the cars yesterday morning and the white one was $29,444. I immediately called my salesguy & told him to go look at the dealers website. He looked and couldn't believe it. He talked to his sales manager and they told me to call the dealership asap, make sure the price was accurate & no gimmicks involved and then buy it. When I called this dealership & asked the salesguy about this price, he was shocked and he put me on hold. He came back and said that it had been marked down that morning and the reason was that it was a bonus tag & old inventory--the sales manager wanted to sell it and marked it down to $29,444. No gimmicks & no bs, that was the sale price.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:51 AM   #64
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_1ss View Post
Customer asked for an 84 month quote, and that was my best rate through any of my lenders, which is why we always give customers a chance to get better on their own!
3.79 on an 84 month loan is actually pretty good.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #65
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Kasper, the deal is real--no bs. I was working with my local Chevy sales guy and he said he would dealer trade for a '16 and then apply the bonus tag for me. He found me two cars. One was silver with red that stickered for $49K and a white with red (the one mentioned above that I bought). I went to show my wife pictures of the cars yesterday morning and the white one was $29,444. I immediately called my salesguy & told him to go look at the dealers website. He looked and couldn't believe it. He talked to his sales manager and they told me to call the dealership asap, make sure the price was accurate & no gimmicks involved and then buy it. When I called this dealership & asked the salesguy about this price, he was shocked and he put me on hold. He came back and said that it had been marked down that morning and the reason was that it was a bonus tag & old inventory--the sales manager wanted to sell it and marked it down to $29,444. No gimmicks & no bs, that was the sale price.
I think I'm gonna puke
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #66
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
That would be a $3000 LOSS for the dealership. Post the papework!

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:30 PM   #67
TommyDuncan

Drives: 2016 SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
How does pre-tax price not tell the whole story? That is the only story!!

If you pay $33K in NV then the ODD price is going to be ~$33.5K
If you pay $30K in Northern CA where I live the ODD will be ~$33.5K

How can you compare the deal I got in CA with the buyer in NV when we both ended up with the same ODD price? Yet the actual sales price of the car from the dealer was $3K less for me!!

The only way to compare between different areas of the country is the pre-tax / fees price - the actual sales price of the car. You should be able to add tax and fees on your own based on your area as that has nothing to do with the dealership - those are purely government fees and the same for any car you buy in your area from any dealer.
Not sure NV was the best place to compare to... at least not southern NV.

It's always a battle in Las Vegas too with large DOC fees etc. $500DOC is normal here. They also like to put nitrogen in the tires, tint the windows, add "protective coatings" and add $2000 to the sticker.

NVs tax policies are pretty lame too. 8.1% on the msrp+doc, regardless of what you actually pay for the car. The dealership will even register the car for you here...as long as you don't mind paying sales tax on what is essentially already a tax.

Registration will be about $850 the first year and it doesn't go down much the first 3 or 4.

I DID get a deal on the car though... sticker was $46,640 and I got it for $36,134 before fees, taxes etc.
TommyDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #68
cooden

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_1ss View Post
That would be a $3000 LOSS for the dealership. Post the papework!
I am not going to post paperwork with my info on it, but I will post the screenshot of the car for sale on their website:

Old 10-07-2016, 02:16 PM   #69
TommyDuncan

Drives: 2016 SS2
Quote:
I am not going to post paperwork with my info on it, but I will post the screenshot of the car for sale on their website:

Hell of a deal brother! Just don't trade it in because it's already a year old. Don't ask me how I know...
TommyDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:49 PM   #70
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:

Usually when they post those you can only get that price if yo uqualify for every incentive in the book which almost no one qualifies for so good job jumping on that.

I feel everyone else's pain. I got my SS Sedan for supplier pricing and then 2 months later they had the 20% off fire sale and I about puked. Oh well, I still love it and it's staying in my garage for a long time.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote