Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #43
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Thanks for the comment. For me I think it is just the "manly urge" to want a V8. I appreciate everyone's feedback on this for me. Think best decision for now is to continue to love what I have. I already have a lot of time and energy into this car (every mod I did myself) and the "love" of the car probably outweighs getting another at this point.

Thank you everyone for your input and feedback.
If you are keeping the car long term I would definitely consider a catch can mod. It caught this much of my royal purple oil in 75-100 miles in my 2013.
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #44
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Quote:
Thanks for the comment. For me I think it is just the "manly urge" to want a V8. I appreciate everyone's feedback on this for me. Think best decision for now is to continue to love what I have. I already have a lot of time and energy into this car (every mod I did myself) and the "love" of the car probably outweighs getting another at this point.

Thank you everyone for your input and feedback.
I said the exact same thing when I was looking at V8's! Once you get the V8 itch, it'll never go away until you get an SS.

But for the record, the V6's are such awesome cars. I loved mine. But the SS is just friggin' awesome... I can't even describe how much I love it.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #45
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Wink

Remember this is what your giving up for an SS....

Cold Air Inductions CAI i • MRT V2 Axle Back Exhaust • Custom blue interior dash and door panels • blacked out retro emblems • rear bowtie delete • rear Camaro cutout metallic grey vinyl • 20" Black Chrome Foose Legends • Razzi Front Splitter custom with LEDs • Razzi Side Skirts • Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub • Black Heritage Grill • Sunroof • LED fogs • Blue Footwell Lighting • Blue Dome Light LED • Custom Painted Tach/Speedo Gauge - check out build thread here!

If you had a stock V6 then ... Go for the trade.
I can't give up all the mods on my V6 for an SS...
Attached Images

cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #46
Dreamsicle
The Redux

Drives: 2014 2SS RS
If you wanted to be convinced that you need an SS, you came to the right place. Outside of a few exceptions, I don't think there are too many car enthusiasts here that would say they wouldn't want more power given the right circumstances. On top of that, there a lot of posts here that put the V6 down so if that bothers you and you really feel that the SS is a status symbol that you need to buy into, that's a decision for you to make. Just remember there will always be someone with more money and more power and someone that will want to remind you of that.

I bought a V6 this year and I love it. I'm not going to sit here and say I wouldn't want a V8 but my situation was somewhat similar (wanted brand new, had a set $ that I wanted to spend, wasn't planning to race it, and didn't need the higher insurance since I already have a lead foot and at least one ticket on my record) except it isn't even my DD. I have a new Camry also and for the price I paid for both I could have had a new ZL1 but that wasn't even on the radar then, hindsight is 20/20, etc, etc, etc.

I think you're getting some good advice from the people that read your situation and looked beyond just V6 vs. V8. The V6 was good enough for you to sign on the dotted line; did it only stop being good enough when you started coming here? I wasn't even planning on changing one thing on my car when I bought it but I've been going mod bonkers since I've been on this site. Seeing all of the shiny, fast things other people have definitely makes me want more.
Dreamsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #47
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I'm debating this.. Please help me figure out pros and cons of 2010 SS.

To help I have 2013 LS but have Foose wheels, razzi kit, CAI and MRT V2s. I live my car but want it to have more oomph.

Have been contemplating IPF Supercharger upgrade.

2010 I am looking at has about 30k miles and is $28k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Yes I would take the trade. More than likely, you'll be making the same payment. However, DO NOT take it for that price ESPECIALLY this time of year and with the 2014s out there. I got my 10 2SS/RS when it was 2 years old with 10,700 miles on it for a tad over $26,000. Not a buying contest, but they should lower that price for you. If they refuse, then walk out and wait for a better deal to come along.

BTW, the difference between the SS and LS is night and day. The 10 2SS/RS comes with every option that was available back then. Trust me, you'll love it.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #48
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Keep your LS, mod it a bit to your taste. In a few years pop the IPS twin turbo kit in and have a nicely modded car with more power than a stock SS and still great gas mileage. I really bwish the IPS TT kit was available for the LLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #49
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Aim for 2013 SS.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #50
Brutus1
Brutus1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
I would absolutely go to the 2 ss the ride is more harsh but plenty of power to be released with LT Headers, cai, axle back exhaust, summit X pipe & tune.
Brutus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #51
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
If you are keeping the car long term I would definitely consider a catch can mod. It caught this much of my royal purple oil in 75-100 miles in my 2013.
That is quite a bit for that low miles, maybe you do need a catch can. Most cars have that after 1500-2000 miles, and mostly the V6's.

Either way, your car was designed to flash burn that off as it happens, your accessory is doing as designed, catching it....
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #52
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Hmm sounds good I will have find out more. Turns out it is a 2011 mis marked as a 2010. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing or rather indifferent.

I guess it doesn't hurt to go crunch the numbers..

Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #53
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Low engine displacement doesn't stop you from loving your ride. I'd make damn sure it was a great deal before trading off my LS. By this point I don't even know that I'd be able to handle the emotional toll of trading it. Not at least without a 5.0 owner at the dealership belittling me.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #54
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Low engine displacement doesn't stop you from loving your ride. I'd make damn sure it was a great deal before trading off my LS. By this point I don't even know that I'd be able to handle the emotional toll of trading it. Not at least without a 5.0 owner at the dealership belittling me.
That's pretty much where I'm at. I live THIS car and the hours I've put into it.

Tending to agree with you on that tip

Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:57 AM   #55
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
I love my car, a little more power wouldn't hurt but it has enough get up for me and like I mentioned I don't go to the track or street race etc or care to. Think just the inherit "man" part of having the V8 is calling me. It is my daily driver as well..
I think you should stick with what you have. You "love it" and you've put a lot of time and money into personalizing it to your wants. Plus, I would NEVER trade a nearly new car for a 4 year old car... just to get a bit more umph out of the engine.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #56
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I think you should stick with what you have. You "love it" and you've put a lot of time and money into personalizing it to your wants. Plus, I would NEVER trade a nearly new car for a 4 year old car... just to get a bit more umph out of the engine.
This is the best advice. Enjoy your LS, if you want V8 power you can always start saving and get something newer
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote