Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2024, 06:32 PM   #43
11/SS/RS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I knew I still had a leak but was just a matter of time before it happened again. They hooked it up and let it run for 15 mins or so and so far couldn't detect a leak. They told me to come back if it happens again and they will fix it. And you weren't kidding... looks like all of my freon got dumped again and there is none left. Ha! Looks like a trip back to the shop.

Btw i’ll pick up a black light from Harbor Freight on the way home from work and have a look see at where the leak is coming from. I won’t be able to take it back to the shop till next week Tuesday anyhow.
Make sure they check the condenser fittings and all around the condenser. They probably couldnt find it under the hood which is why they told you to come back when it feels like its blowing warm again.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:35 PM   #44
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11/SS/RS View Post
Make sure they check the condenser fittings and all around the condenser. They probably couldnt find it under the hood which is why they told you to come back when it feels like its blowing warm again.

Will do! Thanks!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 11:17 PM   #45
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
I knew I still had a leak but was just a matter of time before it happened again. They hooked it up and let it run for 15 mins or so and so far couldn't detect a leak. They told me to come back if it happens again and they will fix it. And you weren't kidding... looks like all of my freon got dumped again and there is none left. Ha! Looks like a trip back to the shop.

Btw i’ll pick up a black light from Harbor Freight on the way home from work and have a look see at where the leak is coming from. I won’t be able to take it back to the shop till next week Tuesday anyhow.
It's hard to see in the day time or in a shop with bright lights. Do it when it's dark out or if you have a garage, turn the lights off.

When I took mine in last year with freon issues the shop told me they couldn't see anything either. When I got home, I parked the car in a dark area of the driveway and looked. The engine bay lit up like a christmas tree.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 04:21 AM   #46
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
It's hard to see in the day time or in a shop with bright lights. Do it when it's dark out or if you have a garage, turn the lights off.

When I took mine in last year with freon issues the shop told me they couldn't see anything either. When I got home, I parked the car in a dark area of the driveway and looked. The engine bay lit up like a christmas tree.

I believe you and i’ll do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 02-22-2024, 04:14 PM   #47
SummitWhite11

I recently pulled the car into the garage and turned off the lights. My findings of the leak seem to be coming from this sensor of some sort where it clips into the hard metal line…

Old 02-22-2024, 04:19 PM   #48
SummitWhite11

Its right below where the black cap is on top. More pics…

Old 02-22-2024, 04:20 PM   #49
SummitWhite11

Intake tube and oil cap is lit up.

Old 02-22-2024, 04:23 PM   #50
SummitWhite11

Old 02-22-2024, 05:02 PM   #51
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Its right below where the black cap is on top. More pics…

This cap is the high pressure port. Unscrew the cap (it's just finger tight) and take a look at the port and see what it looks like. From the other pics, it looks like the port is leaking and the cap is spraying the mist downward.
Old 02-22-2024, 06:00 PM   #52
SummitWhite11

Quote:
This cap is the high pressure port. Unscrew the cap (it's just finger tight) and take a look at the port and see what it looks like. From the other pics, it looks like the port is leaking and the cap is spraying the mist downward.

Here is a pic of the high pressure port….

Old 02-22-2024, 08:41 PM   #53
Mr_Draco

Yep it's definitely leaking.
Old 02-22-2024, 09:08 PM   #54
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Yep it's definitely leaking.

Good to know this and THANKS! I will have them correct it as I show them the pictures during my next visit!

Old 02-23-2024, 01:59 PM   #55
SummitWhite11

I believe it finally happened... AC blend door??

Turns out its not the high pressure port. I was told it was the evaporator above the transmission that is leaking and the whole friggin dash has to come out! WTH!! Can someone tell me there is a way around this??

Old 02-23-2024, 02:01 PM   #56
SummitWhite11