Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #43
SlickP

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I wave at every camaro i see on the road.. Sometimes i get wave back and sometimes i don't i just love seeing the 5th Gens on the road
SlickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #44
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 View Post
Yup. The other day I had a 4gen in front of me trying to show off. By the way,I think the 4th gen is by far the ugliest Camaro ever, looks like a door stop.

I agree, kind of.... Most 4th gens I see ARE ugly, but every once in a while I run across a beaut. It's usually the 4th gen guys that give me the dirty looks/one finger salutes also. Most of the time any other gen is quite friendly, 3rd gens especially....
Old 08-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #45
mcbeth15

Drives: '11 RS 2LT IBM
Maybe it's a generation thing, the people not the cars. It seems as though people don't care about their fellow man or woman any more. If you keeled over in the street I suspect the bigest reaction from anyone would be they were pissed off because they had to step over you. I just hope the younger members out there don't let this become the norm. Sorry, I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant.
mcbeth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #46
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Also, I suppose maybe there are more "non-enthusiast" types around my area that buy these cars rather than enthusiasts like myself.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #47
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
I give a thumbs up to Camaros of all generations. The feeling isn't usually reciprocated, and it's been this way for the decade I've been a Camaro driver.

I got my license when 4th gens were still brand new. I was a 16 year old with an IROC, but no one ever acknowledged me back. Same thing now having a 4th gen -- 5th gens ignore me. I don't take it personal. My car is just a sunny day driver, so it's not like I get out as much as I did "back in the day."

The best reactions are usually younger guys in 3rd or 4th gens as they seem surprised to get a nice reaction from me.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #48
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
I don't have any trouble with Camaro owners, but for some reason they seem to either have their heads up their asses, or are a mighty self-righteous bunch.

I give what I consider to be "car enthusiasts" a thumbs-up or a wave as we pass each other. Late model Challenger owners almost always reciprocate, as do most Mustang owners. I'll be damned if a single Camaro owner has returned the gesture.

I will say that Camaros are the minority here in Omaha, NE. Seems to be many more Challangers and Mustangs than anything else.

This has been my experience as well.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #49
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
I don't have any trouble with Camaro owners, but for some reason they seem to either have their heads up their asses, or are a mighty self-righteous bunch.

I give what I consider to be "car enthusiasts" a thumbs-up or a wave as we pass each other. Late model Challenger owners almost always reciprocate, as do most Mustang owners. I'll be damned if a single Camaro owner has returned the gesture.

I will say that Camaros are the minority here in Omaha, NE. Seems to be many more Challangers and Mustangs than anything else.

Ah hell! I was worried Camaro owners might start up that waving shit.

Here wave at the bear and get it out of your system.

Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #50
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Nope I don't have any problems around post, today heading to lunch I was talking to my buddy so I wasn't paying much attention to what the on coming cars were but at the last second I seen a V6 IBM waving at me and I had juuust enough time to wave back. Not everyone waves back around here but a good amount of them do. Especially if they have anything aftermarket done to their cars, them guys and gals always wave back. The ones that don't wave back, I think are just soldiers who didn't know what to do with their money so they bought a car they liked but aren't really 'car enthusiast' which is fine with me.

I don't know about back home though, when I was home I was the only Camaro on the roads and I only seen 3 other ones parked so we will see if they like to wave back. I imagine they will, when I drive the Chevelle back home everyone and their mother waves so they are clearly pro-waving
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #51
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
It disappoints me when I toss a wave or a thumbs up to a fellow owner, only to be snubbed or ignored.

Kiss My SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #52
Green2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS
I have a SGM and today a guy driving a new green mazda waved to me and I waved back. I have waved to other camaros and some wave back and others don't. It does not bother me that much but it did feel good that the mazda guy waved to me first.
Green2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #53
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Well I will wave at anyone. I will also go with anyone that wants to go on green. Its a muscle car....muscle up and show em what ya got....thats why I bought my car...fun fun fun. Nothing wrong with a little show and go, just dont be stupid.
I've been a die hard camaro fan since I drove my friends 81 Z when I was a kid, but this is the first one I have ever owned, and I plan to enjoy it and drive it like it was built to be driven.....fast and hard !!!!!

If you want to lolligag down the highway......... buy a solstice.

LOL
meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #54
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
i got the camaro and joined this site shortly before i bought it. reading thread after thread, post after post...what did i see? countless threads from young spoiled egotistical children bragging about how they have a new camaro, or they did this with their camaro, etc. 9 times out of 10, as it is evidenced, it's young kids with their parents money buying toys they can't afford, then they have the audacity to brag about it or act like their the toughest/hottest sh*t on the block while they cruise around in mommy's car.

everyone understands camaros are nice cars for their price range. sports cars in general do draw attention, and many people buy cars for just that - the attention. the problems come when you start acting like an idiot, bragging, stroking your ego in public, speeding, being an asshole on the road, etc.

again, after reading post after post multiple members here have reiterated they have been 'shunned' on the road specifically by other camaro owners, whether it be not waving, not returning thumbs up, etc. then like the one guy mentioned people do stupid, idiotic things for attention like fishtailing or cutting people off to show road 'superiority'

it's a man's ego, at the bottom of all this. when a man is insecure with himself, they have to 'pound their chest' and they do it with their cars. this is simply left over monkey. i've counted well over a dozen times where punk ass kids in camaros/mustangs act like complete dickheads on the road, but again it's young punks in nice cars, nothing specific to the camaro. i will say i've never tried 'a-okaying' or thumbs upping a mustang or challenger owner, but i may have to start doing that since all the other camaro owners i see around are pu*sy b*tches.

excuse my language
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #55
Chevrole+

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad View Post
i got the camaro and joined this site shortly before i bought it. reading thread after thread, post after post...what did i see? countless threads from young spoiled egotistical children bragging about how they have a new camaro, or they did this with their camaro, etc. 9 times out of 10, as it is evidenced, it's young kids with their parents money buying toys they can't afford, then they have the audacity to brag about it or act like their the toughest/hottest sh*t on the block while they cruise around in mommy's car.

everyone understands camaros are nice cars for their price range. sports cars in general do draw attention, and many people buy cars for just that - the attention. the problems come when you start acting like an idiot, bragging, stroking your ego in public, speeding, being an asshole on the road, etc.

again, after reading post after post multiple members here have reiterated they have been 'shunned' on the road specifically by other camaro owners, whether it be not waving, not returning thumbs up, etc. then like the one guy mentioned people do stupid, idiotic things for attention like fishtailing or cutting people off to show road 'superiority'

it's a man's ego, at the bottom of all this. when a man is insecure with himself, they have to 'pound their chest' and they do it with their cars. this is simply left over monkey. i've counted well over a dozen times where punk ass kids in camaros/mustangs act like complete dickheads on the road, but again it's young punks in nice cars, nothing specific to the camaro. i will say i've never tried 'a-okaying' or thumbs upping a mustang or challenger owner, but i may have to start doing that since all the other camaro owners i see around are pu*sy b*tches.

excuse my language
however, i am upset at the YOUNG KIDS WITH MOMMY'S CAR comment. I am 20, and i work my ass off for my car, and it bothers me to hear people say that to me. It's like...people throw me under the bus before they get to know me before i can even attempt to prove myself.
Chevrole+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #56
CamaroKevin

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrole+ View Post
however, i am upset at the YOUNG KIDS WITH MOMMY'S CAR comment. I am 20, and i work my ass off for my car, and it bothers me to hear people say that to me. It's like...people throw me under the bus before they get to know me before i can even attempt to prove myself.
same, I'll be 22 next month and have received crap about getting the Camaro. If it isn't about being too young to own one, it's about not having a SS. I'm with you, not one of these young people being an @$$ on the road. I take a lot of pride in paying for this myself. I'm out there almost everyday washing and detailing it. I don't abuse my car at all. In fact I am probably just as careful and caring for my car, if not more than older Camaro owners. People like to judge right away over age, but disregard the fact that some of us are actually paying for it on our own.
CamaroKevin is offline   Reply With Quote