Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 01-16-2018, 03:34 AM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ARH headers + NPP too loud add glasspack?

I have ARH long system 1 7/8" headers w/ cats H pipe to stock NPP. it just a little too loud for me. I am thinking of adding glass packs or something non restrictive to quiet it down and maybe a deeper tone. I would have to add them right after the H pipe.
do you think i will get what im looking for?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Borla makes one.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Borla/157/6060...yABEgLnpfD_BwE
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I have ARH long system 1 7/8" headers w/ cats H pipe to stock NPP. it just a little too loud for me. I am thinking of adding glass packs or something non restrictive to quiet it down and maybe a deeper tone. I would have to add them right after the H pipe.
do you think i will get what im looking for?
As to loud I run full time Stealth, even the startup is not bad. But I agree about the tone. It is blatty. I was thinking an NPP axleback where we could add a short connector pipe to the long system. I guess the Stainless Axleback is the cheapest. And don't the axlebacks sound about the same from the clips? Except some are really loud. ARH will not build us a solution, I tried.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:00 PM   #4
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but any aftermarket axle back is going to be louder than the stock NPP. A glass pack would make it much louder than the stock I would think.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:10 PM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Is there room for the Magnaflow #11386 X muffler? That's what we would do with the gen 5s.

Edit: Wow lolol I watched the video, you guys have no room to work with. Maybe a pair of like Solo resonators (or some other brand)?
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:28 PM   #6
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknagy13 View Post
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but any aftermarket axle back is going to be louder than the stock NPP. A glass pack would make it much louder than the stock I would think.
this would glasspacks (in place of H pipe) + stock rear muffler.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 PM   #7
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Outrageous video Mr. Cunningham! Makes me want a set of ARH LT's 'cept I really don't need'em, but they look amazing!

I also thought Borla was offering the 60608 for those who bit off a little more than they wanted to live with...
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:44 PM   #8
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i would be adding the glass packs to what i already have. . I had a Solo Mach XL on my cammed 5th gen. that was a Magnaflow X muffler with J pipes and it sounded great. i could put resonators between the the crossover brace and muffler.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote