Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-18-2018, 04:52 PM   #43
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
I'm still not seeing any spring rate or valving information. What tires are they tuned for?
last I remember, this was from the 5th gens.

Quote:
The Detroit Speed front coilover kits are a direct bolt-on assembly that completely replace the front strut assembly. The kit uses a DSE/JRi
high-performance aluminum strut with ‘Detroit Tuned’ valving.
http://www.detroitspeed.com/2010+F-B...onversion.html

as with many companies they will never release the valving info.... BC racing doesn't even do that on their BR 1000$ coilovers. I haven't seen any info on the KW's either in a step up to 2500$ coilovers.

however, the springs can come with different rates specified for your needs more than likely, as most any coilovers do these days, even BC Racing, allows use of swift springs in any spring rate or length. its not one of the super cheap setups for 5-600$ that come with the typical 7 or 8kg/mm fronts and 10 or 12kg/mm rear springs, and that's all they have.

as for valving. they will come with what DSE feels works best all around, but being a JRi shock, its rebuildable and able to be revalved.

so technically you can tune em for anything/tire if you needed something specific.

Companies like JRi/DSE, Penske, etc... when you pay 6k$ or more, you can get em to suit your needs.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant

Last edited by PolynesianPowerhouse; 01-18-2018 at 05:05 PM.
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:37 PM   #44
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
last I remember, this was from the 5th gens.

http://www.detroitspeed.com/2010+F-B...onversion.html

as with many companies they will never release the valving info.... BC racing doesn't even do that on their BR 1000$ coilovers. I haven't seen any info on the KW's either in a step up to 2500$ coilovers.

however, the springs can come with different rates specified for your needs more than likely, as most any coilovers do these days, even BC Racing, allows use of swift springs in any spring rate or length. its not one of the super cheap setups for 5-600$ that come with the typical 7 or 8kg/mm fronts and 10 or 12kg/mm rear springs, and that's all they have.

as for valving. they will come with what DSE feels works best all around, but being a JRi shock, its rebuildable and able to be revalved.

so technically you can tune em for anything/tire if you needed something specific.

Companies like JRi/DSE, Penske, etc... when you pay 6k$ or more, you can get em to suit your needs.
You know your stuff! I like it! I don't get whey its so hard for people to accept that these are solid parts

JDP doesn't exactly put garbage on their cars. Real racers run these parts and the back yard garage dudes are pounding their chests like they are the experts. It's comical.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:40 PM   #45
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Why would someone go with single adjustables from this brand when they can get Penske double adjustables for approximately the same price? I doubt anyone isn’t aware of Penskes widespread use and track record in all levels of racing.

Help me understand why these are worth sacrificing double adjustment capability for, or spending way more for a double adjustable set. Are they that much better? Why? Thanks.
Maybe you are confused. These are double adjustable. The rear are inverted. They have bracing in the rear to strengthen for this. They also have camber plates for further adjustability. You sacrifice nothing more than a little Cadillac like ride quality when you buy DSE stuff.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #46
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Any pictures of the car?
Old 01-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #47
HyperspaceTurd

Drives: 17 1SS 6MT, 09 Tacoma TRD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
You know your stuff! I like it! I don't get whey its so hard for people to accept that these are solid parts

JDP doesn't exactly put garbage on their cars. Real racers run these parts and the back yard garage dudes are pounding their chests like they are the experts. It's comical.
Sick car by the way.

Well, to be fair there are some expensive crap parts out there, and it is easy to be skeptical.

Personally I really appreciate the time you and polynesianpowerhouse put into explaining where the dampers are used and why these parts are worth the money. I was not being argumentative, I just wanted to know more and their website lacks a lot of information.

In due time I may very well eat my words and find these under my car.
HyperspaceTurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:32 AM   #48
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:

I gotchya, Uce!

I honestly think though, most aren't being cynical of sorts. its just, and I've seen it on other platforms/brands, people come from different realms/cars.

like some come from sport compacts, some come from true old school muscle, I've seen some come from the hydraulic/air scene... and aren't familiar with brands and groups/companies here that cater to us specifically.

like everyone knows, JEGS, Summit Racing, Crane/Comp cams, MSD, ProCharger, Prothane, Energy Suspension and companies that make products for almost ALL platforms and brands...

but when you get into companies like JacFab, DSE, RDP, RPM, JDP, RPI, Janetty etc...companies that cater to us, specifically. and many of these companies DO have R&D and manufacture, mill, CNC, mold specific parts for us, and use credible main parts from major companies that they adapt for our fitment.

many haven't heard of those places when they get here. like with the LX forums, I found places like Billet Technology for catch cans, BND Automotive for oil, TCE Performance for brake kits, HHP located in Delaware for installs and heads and cams... but that's just what was specific to dodge based forums.

but as a forum together, if you know, just try to educate/spread the word.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:00 PM   #49
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperspaceTurd View Post
Sick car by the way.

Well, to be fair there are some expensive crap parts out there, and it is easy to be skeptical.

Personally I really appreciate the time you and polynesianpowerhouse put into explaining where the dampers are used and why these parts are worth the money. I was not being argumentative, I just wanted to know more and their website lacks a lot of information.

In due time I may very well eat my words and find these under my car.
Thanks! I don't mind sharing what I know. I realize I may not know it all and am likely wrong at times for sure. If I can ever help, I'm here.

Jared
Old 01-28-2018, 08:05 PM   #50
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Thanks! I don't mind sharing what I know. I realize I may not know it all and am likely wrong at times for sure. If I can ever help, I'm here.

Jared
Where's the vid
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #51
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
Where's the vid
Glen, what video are you referring to? Theres a video showing the parts in the OP. I'll have a video of my driving impressions soon. I've been trying to get the shocks/struts adjusted to my liking.

Jared
Old 02-02-2018, 07:02 AM   #52
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Glen, what video are you referring to? Theres a video showing the parts in the OP. I'll have a video of my driving impressions soon. I've been trying to get the shocks/struts adjusted to my liking.

Jared
You were to do an in-depth review of the coilovers
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:20 AM   #53
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
You were to do an in-depth review of the coilovers
It will come soon. I am working to get them dialed in before I give an honest opinion of them. The first day I wanted them off the car lol! Then we softened them up and now the front is MUCH better. The rear still need to be backed off a bit so after we do that and I comfortable telling someone the complete suspension setup in the car is worth roughly $11000 installed, I'll shoot a video. I'm not going to sell products in the name of saving money or whatever. If I believe in them, I'm going to sing their praise. If I don't I'd likely go back to stock and re-evaluate. Based on the last couple hundred miles with the front struts softened up, i'm feeling much better. I've had the opportunity to experience the gains in performance and they very quickly outweigh the sacrifices you make to remove nearly all deflection from the drive-train and suspension.

Heres the video I did about Meth yesterday. https://youtu.be/uA8RcqATP-k

Subscribe and hit the bell and you'll know when the video goes up. Thanks for keeping me on my toes and asking about the video.

Jared

Last edited by 1LE801; 02-04-2018 at 03:19 AM.
1LE801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #54
jwisjw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
It will come soon. I am working to get them dialed in before I give an honest opinion of them. The first day I wanted them off the car lol! Then we softened them up and now the front is MUCH better. The rear still need to be backed off a bit so after we do that and I comfortable telling someone they are worth $7,000, I'll shoot a video. My next product video will be the CF hood and trunk lid.

Heres the video I did about Meth yesterday. https://youtu.be/uA8RcqATP-k

Subscribe and hit the bell and you'll know when the video goes up. Thanks for keeping me on my toes and asking about the video.

Jared
Softened through springs or shocks? I would expect for the price, you would get Dyno charts at a minimum. Surprised spring rates weren't disclosed unless Detroit speed mfg their own springs or private labels them.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:13 AM   #55
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisjw View Post
Softened through springs or shocks? I would expect for the price, you would get Dyno charts at a minimum. Surprised spring rates weren't disclosed unless Detroit speed mfg their own springs or private labels them.
I have Dyno charts on my car coming out of my ears haha. I'm working with JDP to continually develop their 6th Gen platform for street/strip and soon i'll also be putting the car through course testing with a very green driver ;-), and no further excuses. They don't have as much need for my course racing data seeing as how they already have countless courses and countless laps in their own 6th Gen Camaro. I work with them on video, social media and other projects as well so it works out in my favor just a little when we do stuff to my car seeing as how it benefits both parties in a few different avenues. On top of all else, I just like the people there. I have come to think of them as dear friends over the years.

As far as the rates on the springs, I never thought to ask yet. You don't look a gift horse in the mouth, ya know. I will get that information and report back on here as some point soon as i'm sure it will come up but it just wasn't my most pressing matter. I know the front springs are 250 as they have markings I can see but the rear I'm unsure about.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:21 AM   #56
1LE801
"Lohla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisjw View Post
Softened through adjustment in the shocks/struts. Double adjustable makes them very flexible. I just need to learn them better. Its very quick and easy to do. So long as you have some knowledge of them of course...